PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Jaxom

Aspen and Misty
07-31-2006, 02:41 PM
Can I get some pet talk prayer power for my bunny boy Jaxom? About a month or so ago Jaxom was in the pet hospital with his intestines blocked by some carpet he ate. In bunnies this is a very seriouse condition. He spent 4 days in the hospital with countless x-rays and medicines. He ran up a very large bill that I just got done (2 weeks ago acctually) paying off. Thankfully my mom was nice enough to pay the bill upfront and allow me to pay her back.

On Sunday morning Jaxom stopped eating again. His dish was refilled on saturday evening and he hasn't touched it since. He isn't acting like himself, he just sits in his litter box and does nothing. I'm so worried about my boy. The receptionest at the vet office made me an apointment for thursday, but if he hasn't touched his food by tomrrow I'm making an emergency vet apointment for him tomrrow. I'm gonna go out and buy him some of his favorite things and see if I can get him to eat. I'm so worried, I don't know what I would do with out him. I love him so much.

Ashley

horse_lover
07-31-2006, 02:45 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that :eek: ! I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers and hopefully he makes it through!

chrissycat21
07-31-2006, 06:10 PM
I'll keep Jaxom in my thoughts. :( I hope this isn't anything serious and you can get him to eat soon.

Chilli
07-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Jaxom will certainly be in my thoughts. :( Poor boy, I hope he pulls through and is back to normal real soon.

Aquamarine
07-31-2006, 06:13 PM
:( I hope he starts acting like his old self soon. I'll be praying for him.

Karen
07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Oh, I hope he's okay! Of course prayers are on the way!

jenluckenbach
07-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Prayers for Jaxom. Hope you feel better very soon.

MajesticCollies
07-31-2006, 06:37 PM
Prayers for your bunny coming from all of us here at Majestic Collies

K9soul
07-31-2006, 09:05 PM
Most definitely, Jaxom will be in my prayers.

Vela
07-31-2006, 09:56 PM
Aww I'm sorry, that has to be really scary. I hope he is okay, I will say prayers for him.

buttercup132
07-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Oh gosh how scary.

Any bunny not eating for at least a day is a sign of bad news.

Ill keep him in my thoughts.

zippy-kat
07-31-2006, 11:47 PM
{{Jaxom}}

Good luck, Ash. You will be in my prayers.

Are you feeding him (or will he eat it?) papaya tablets or fresh (not canned) pineapple/pineapple juice? The enzymes help aid digestion. Also, you can try a tablespoon of plain (or pineapple/pina colada) yougurt. (Make sure it's not the diet/low fat kind.)

Sophie LOVED pineapple. Piper won't touch it :rolleyes: but will eat the papaya tablets. lol

Best wishes,
Zip

Zippy
08-01-2006, 08:54 AM
I will keep Jaxom in my prayers.Get Well Soon Jaxom

Aspen and Misty
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Are you feeding him (or will he eat it?) papaya tablets or fresh (not canned) pineapple/pineapple juice?

I totally forgot about this! I'm pretty sure a vet around here sells papaya tablets. I'm gonna call and if they do I'll pick some up. Thanks for reminding me! (we also need new Piper pics, just so you know. lol)

GOOD NEWS - The little booger! Last night I went to the store and bought him Parsley, Spincah, carrots etc. etc. I made him a HUGE salad hopeing to get him to eat something. Before his saled he got two doses of a bunny "laxative" I hade left over from his last emergency, so I was hopeing he would eat at least a little bit of it. Well, some time during the night and through today he ate ALL of his salad!! It was a huge one too! He also has eaten most of the hay I placed in his litter box (he got a new littler box yesterday so I could watch for poops). I'm very happy. He will still go see the vet on Thursday, but for now my baby boy is eating!

Thank you for the prayers and good thoughts, I really apreciate it and so does Jax.

Ashley

cloverfdx
08-02-2006, 07:30 AM
Ohh Ashley i am glad to hear that your little man is eating again :). I will keep Jaxom in my thoughts and i hope the vet gives him the all clear.

chrissycat21
08-02-2006, 09:48 AM
I'm so glad Jaxom is eating! :) Hopefully everything will go well at the vet appointment.

zippy-kat
08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
How'd the vet visit go, Ash?

Still thinkin' of ya!
Zip