PDA

View Full Version : Introducing Teddy to the Guinea Pigs

sparks19
07-31-2006, 02:34 PM
Now we have had the pigs for quite a while. Since before we got Teddy. he has alays been curious about them (and vice versa). Panda won't go near him but Abby will. Teddy will stick his nose between the bars and abby will come right up to him lol One time she even nipped him on his nose. Poor boy lol. Anyway I was cleaning their cage today with Teddy keeping a close eye as always. When I was putting the pigs back in the cage I decided to hold abby in my arm and allow teddy to sniff her (of course under my control)

He was such a nice boy lol. he came in and sniffed her and then gave her a few licks lol. then i put him out in the hallway while I finished up the work.

He's so silly.

Flatcoatluver
07-31-2006, 03:13 PM
Aww. I'm glad to hear he did so well. I have been thinking about a guinea but I am to nervous about the dogs and cats we have.

chrissycat21
08-01-2006, 08:55 AM
It seems like Teddy and your guinea pigs sure like each other! (Well, the nip on the nose was just to make sure that it wasn't some sort of black, wet carrot! :p )

Snowy and my RB guinea pig, Taffy, always got along great. Sometimes when Taffy would be outside in his pen Snowy would just lay next to him and fall asleep. Still, be careful and always watch them. Even if Teddy is just trying to play with one of the pigs, something could happen and he could accidently hurt them.

sparks19
08-01-2006, 11:03 AM
It seems like Teddy and your guinea pigs sure like each other! (Well, the nip on the nose was just to make sure that it wasn't some sort of black, wet carrot! :p )

Snowy and my RB guinea pig, Taffy, always got along great. Sometimes when Taffy would be outside in his pen Snowy would just lay next to him and fall asleep. Still, be careful and always watch them. Even if Teddy is just trying to play with one of the pigs, something could happen and he could accidently hurt them.

Yeah I have no doubt that Abby was testing his nose to see if it was something she could eat lol. that's all she ever does :D

Yeah Teddy definately won't be having any unrestrained time with the guinea pigs anytime soon. he gets excited easily lol so he would probably trample one of them.