PDA

View Full Version : Update on ALL of the cats

buckner
07-31-2006, 12:54 PM
I've received a few PMs asking about how Jill was doing. So I thought I'd answer that question, and update on all of the cats and our current situation with them.

We took Jill to the vet after we noticed her breathing was a bit.. odd, and also about her refusal for going in the litter box. The vet then noticed she wasn't getting enough oxygen everywhere, did an x-ray, and found out her lungs were squished. After some tests, she found that some of her abdominal organs were in her chest cavity. She had a ripped hernia in her diapram and it continued to grow and rip every day. Sooo, $1000 later, Jill is healthy and happy.. at least, I think she's happy. But, we noticed that she used the litterbox while she was in isolation. That means no other cats used that box. But once we let her out 2 weeks later, she continued to go in the living room, same spot. So, it has to be because she likes to go in a spot that hasn't been used. But she really is the queen be - after she is stamped healthy by the vet, she still swats at the other cats, and thinks she's the queen of the house. She really needs to live in a home that has no other cats, so she CAN be the queen.

Callie is a 100% outside cat.. or at least, she wants to be. We cannot let her out, but she wants out so bad, and I know she'd be SO much happier outside.

Jake, Jessie, and Jack are all fine. We call them the Three Musketeers.

Then I come to Trey. :( This pains me to write this, but I need to find Trey a new home. He's marking everything that smells like my mom, and it's more than just a spritz... he drowns it in pee. He's peed on my mom's lap about 6 times now, and my mom is having a breakdown because of this. Trey was Mamoo's favourite, and we told her we'd take him if anything happened to her, and that's what she wanted because she knew we'd do a good job of it. But, we also know that she wouldn't want our house to reek of pee.

So, Jill needs a one-cat home. Jill really is a sweetheart, she just doesn't like other cats. Callie needs a family with a BIG yard or a barn. I've found Callie to be a sweet cat... when you're not doing something to aggrivate her. She has taken to me very well and come a LONG way. Before we brought her, you couldn't even go near her - it took 4 of us in one bedroom trying to capture the girl, and she was on top of a window curtain rod when I finally did. And now, she loves attention from me. And she's not any trouble, she would just be more happy outside. And Trey needs a home that doesn't smell like my mom. Trey is a fiesty little guy, but he is loveable. He's persistant and picky, but he'd make anyone happy, really.

So I need your help guys. What do I do? How do I go about trying to get new homes? We've asked EVERYONE we know, and those we don't know, but no one wants a cat. Does anyone here want one of these guys? I'd be more than happy to transport, if I knew they were going to one of your loving homes.

catmandu
07-31-2006, 05:47 PM
I would like to, but we are full here, and I am going to rescue if I can Doris and Scratchy 2.
We are praying that you can find a Furr Ever Home for Trey.