PDA

View Full Version : Fitness Fridays Health Club #5: drink your Water!

christa
07-31-2006, 07:41 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v235/christa_law/together1.gif

Welcome to Fitness Fridays #5!!! Can you believe it's been FIVE weeks! You all have been doing awesome - last week was GREAT!!!

It's a new week so let's make this one even BETTER than the last! :eek:

Good luck everyone! :D

Cataholic
07-31-2006, 11:32 AM
Well, let's see...PLENTY of not great moments, for certain. But, today is the start of a new week, right?

I have my brother's aussie/bc mix, and we are walking everyday. Cinti is in the midst of a heat/humidity wave (nothing to compare to others, but, hot, hot, hot). So, I am sweatin' plenty! While on one hand, I have an extra paw powered motor, keeping Ace AND a jog stroller in line isn't so easy. :D

I did sneak in a quick bicep/chest workout yesterday afternoon, and hope to do some more tonight!

Go ladies! Go!

beeniesmom
07-31-2006, 11:58 AM
Since I started my diet July 21st, I have lost about 4/5 lbs I think, maybe more.

I was not a good girl yesterday (Sunday).
Hubby and I went out to eat for lunch ... we went to Red Lobster. I had a broiled platter and asked that they not drench mine in butter. I had 3 of those cheese biscuits and felt very guilty. For dinner I had a small bowl of cauliflour soup (my moms recipe).

This morning I had a yogurt and a balance power bar (not that bad, I thought they would be yucky) and I walked about 30 minutes before going to work.
I took the doggies with me so it was fast walking. I feel pretty good now.

Lunch was another bowl of the cauliflour soup. I don't really care for it but it is filling and has few calories.

Dinner tonight will be grilled tuna steak and a salad.... maybe some sauteed zucchini too.

I will try to keep up with the walking in the morning. I found that it was not yet hot at 8 am this morning.

On my way to work this morning I saw a sign that advertised belly dancing classes... maybe I'll give them a call. ;)

jazzcat
07-31-2006, 01:05 PM
I cheated big time yesterday when we went to Johnny Carino's for dinner. Boy was it good though!!!!

I'll do better today, I promise.

I do need to work on my water consumption. I never drink enough, never have. I'm going to go grab a bottle from the fridge right now and try keeping it with me all day and refilling it.

I'm going to try to get to the gym for some cardio this afternoon but if I don't I will walk in the neighborhood tonight (granted I don't melt from the heat). Tomorrow is my big weights and cardio day at the gym and Wednesday I will be doing a huge cleaning job at my Dad's house getting ready for my brother and his wife who will be visiting.

christa
07-31-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree with you all . . . it's HOT outside. Feels like 97 here, according to the weather page.

I've been so run down lately, I don't know why I'm in such a funk. Hoping that I'll pull out of it soon. I think it's just a lot of stress that's been building up over a long period, it's just coming to a boiling point - sometimes I wonder when I'll break.

Speaking of breaks, I think I just need a vacation, LOL.

Anyway . . .

Guess I'll get in an arm workout later this even at the Y, and then some cardio. Catch you ladies later! Try to stay cool . . . in this horrible heat, it's important to drink drink drink that water!!! :)

jazzcat
07-31-2006, 02:55 PM
I've been so run down lately, I don't know why I'm in such a funk. Hoping that I'll pull out of it soon. I think it's just a lot of stress that's been building up over a long period, it's just coming to a boiling point - sometimes I wonder when I'll break.

Join the Club!!! I'm still wondering if my hormones are out of whack or if it's just the hot summer blues but I just don't seem to care about anything. It's been so hard to stick to eating right and exercising because I'm so tired and I don't care. I'm having other health issues and I'm afraid to go the doctor because I think he'll just put me on Prozac or something. I hate to take any kind of drugs! I wish I could snap out of it. I have about one good productive day a week and the rest of the time I'm dragging, sleepy, exhausted and can't think straight. Unfortunately I think today is my good day for the week and I have a lot get done before company comes in Friday. :( I'm pathetic!

Rachel
07-31-2006, 04:03 PM
I did my exercises in the morning today. Normally I do them during my lunch hour. Boy was I glad to have them over with. Even though the basement is cool enough, it's like my body knows the temperature outside is just awful. I've been cranking up the dehumidifier while I'm down there, but I still drag compared to less hot and humid days. I've been keeping up the right sized portions. Still have to work to conquer the *night feeding*. I wake up and need something to eat to get back to sleep.

Fruit and a very small amount of cereal and milk for breakfast (no more than a half portion). Salad for lunch, and the other half of my breakfast peach for a snack with half container of yogurt. Don't know what I'm going to do for dinner.

Tomorrow is going to be rough as my schedule is going to be thrown off with some unusual commitments.

Flatcoatluver
07-31-2006, 04:07 PM
Ok so this weekend I did really good!! NO POP! Which is a hard obstacle for me. For the first time I tried vegetarion ham for sandwiches. Only 25 calories per slice and GROSS!! I thought I was gonna barf. The vegetarion chicken nuggets are really good and really low calorie. I also have been having a craving for fruit, which is really nice to have instead of chocolate. I have been walking every mourning with the dogs, so will see if I lose any pounds this week!

Almita
07-31-2006, 04:18 PM
ok well its hard to do things outside its 115 degrees outside. Yes very hot :cool: well.. today i'm making a salad. Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, tomatos, and more with italian dressing. Also for breakfast i had tuna with non-salted top crackers. I haven't eaten steak for a while but its hard to get rid of chicken. Do any of you guys know a good recipce with Chicken that is healthy? So i think i'm having a good start this week. This week for me feels like an italian food week.

christa
07-31-2006, 09:20 PM
Do any of you guys know a good recipce with Chicken that is healthy?

Practically any recipe with chicken is healthy - as long as it's not fried! :eek:

We put it in stirfry, bake it, sautee it, grill it, put it in the crock pot . . . you can do anything with chicken!

Almita
07-31-2006, 10:22 PM
Practically any recipe with chicken is healthy - as long as it's not fried! :eek:

We put it in stirfry, bake it, sautee it, grill it, put it in the crock pot . . . you can do anything with chicken!

okie that's good yea i don't like it fried that much. Today i ate grilled chicken with corn and carrots and a salad.

Rachel
08-01-2006, 05:57 AM
today i'm making a salad. Romaine Lettuce, Carrots, tomatos, and more with italian dressing.

Since salads are a mainstay of my diet, I was wondering *What's in your salad?*

Mine have baby spinach or Romaine lettuce, sliced baby carrots, chopped red onion, sliced mushrooms, and pieces of Italian tomatos. Sometimes I will add a few chopped almonds.

My other favorite is Romaine lettuce with fresh pears.

I love my salads, but I would like to add some variations now and then.

christa
08-01-2006, 08:03 AM

Good question! I'd like to hear some new ideas too!

My salad is usually the same - Baby Spinach, broccoli, cucumbers, grape tomatoes, bell peppers & onions (for hubby, I usually pick them out), carrot pieces, egg & feta cheese. :)

I like the idea of almond pieces! That sounds good!

beeniesmom
08-01-2006, 08:38 AM
Whooohoooo guys, do I feel good today.
My pants are getting loose!

I did sit-ups yesterday and took two with Frankie.
I changed my mind about the belly dance lessons. I think I will get my bike in the garage fixed and go biking early in the morning or later in the evenings.

I had yogurt, a boiled egg and some oatmeal for breakfast.
Today for lunch will be Minestrone soup with some vinegar carrots on the side.
Dinner will be pasta.... yes, just a little with a light sauce and lots of zucchini. I never made the zucchini last night. Just tuna steak and salad.

Keep it up guys!

Rachel
08-01-2006, 08:43 AM
I was watching Imus In The Morning and Billy Jo Shaver was on today. The last song he did was *If At First You Don't Succeed, Try, Try, Again* I thought of us! ;)

beeniesmom
08-01-2006, 08:45 AM
We should take "before" pictures so we can post the before and after in a couple of months.

Almita
08-01-2006, 12:34 PM

Mine have baby spinach or Romaine lettuce, sliced baby carrots, chopped red onion, sliced mushrooms, and pieces of Italian tomatos. Sometimes I will add a few chopped almonds.

My other favorite is Romaine lettuce with fresh pears.

I love my salads, but I would like to add some variations now and then.

I have Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, Carrots, tomatos, red onions, grilled chicken, cucumbers, and parmesan cheese, and for the dressing i put italian dressing.

buckner
08-01-2006, 01:21 PM
Since salads are a mainstay of my diet, I was wondering *What's in your salad?* My salads will vary, depending on what I have in the fridge or in the baskets. My favourite salad consists of Romaine lettuce, baby spinch, sliced carrots, chopped tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli, red onion, cucumbers, celery, and fat free italian dressing. We never buy mushrooms, for some reason, but when I'm out, I LOVE mushrooms, black olives, and garbonzo beans. MMMM.

We should take "before" pictures so we can post the before and after in a couple of months. Yes, definitely take before photos! Even if you don't post them, you'll really appreciate them once you take "after" photos and you can really see the change. For me, I didn't really see myself changing because I saw myself everyday. But, when I looked at pictures, I was SO excited that my body was changing.

Last week, my dad asked me to go to the store and get something sweet. He said he wanted something of the icecream variety AND something of the pastry variety. Well, my sweet tooth got the best of me at the store and I went nuts. Thus, me not doing good that day. BUT! This is a new week, and I've already gone down. It proves the statement that one bad day won't kill you. :)

I had a bowl of puffed wheat cereal and a little vanilla soymilk for breakfast. And then pickles. Yes, odd, but I was STARVING when I woke up this morning and pickles sounded so good. So I gave it a little time, and then ate a few pickle spears. For lunch, we went to Dooleys. It's a Bagel and Deli shop. It's delicious! But I had a vegetarian deli sandwich on a spinach bagel. Not the most ideal lunch, but it was healthy. The spinch bagel was topped with vegetable cream cheese (that'll come back to haunt me), lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and green peppers. It was SOOO good, and I'm no longer starving. I went to bed really hungry cos I was up so late, so when I woke up, I was wanting to eat everything. Instead, I paced myself with my meals. Not sure what I'm having for dinner.

Oh, and what I really like are sugar free popsicles, especially of the Kroger brand variety. They're only 15 calories each, and SO good. I love the banana pops, but all of them are good! Satisfy my dessert craving after meals. :)

I definitely need to start drinking more water. I was doing so good while I was working - I was constantly drinking on the job. But now, I'm just not drinking a lot of it. I'll try to step that up.

Two weeks until vacation, four weeks until school. :D We'll see how long it takes me to whip my butt into shape.

buckner
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
:o :o

Okay, I cheated. We went for a drive tonight looking at new land, and we stopped at DQ... and I enjoyed a medium chocolate dipped cone. ACK! That's like, 400 calories. But, that's okay. I consumed more calories than I wish I had, but I didn't go *over* my daily allowance.

And with eating that cream cheese at lunch, and icecream on the cone, I'll be suffering later on.

There's always tomorrow, I suppose.

I want go to walking tonight, but we'll see how far I get with that....

beeniesmom
08-02-2006, 08:07 AM
I went walking this morning for about 30 minutes.
We had pasta last night. Not a lot but a good portion.
I made it with a mushroom and pea sauce (boscaiola). It was good.
I probably ate too fast and didn't savor the flavors.
I was too excited about getting some pasta! :o
I made a canellini bean soup to have for lunch.

Almita
08-02-2006, 03:24 PM
I went walking this morning for about 30 minutes.
We had pasta last night. Not a lot but a good portion.
I made it with a mushroom and pea sauce (boscaiola). It was good.
I probably ate too fast and didn't savor the flavors.
I was too excited about getting some pasta! :o
I made a canellini bean soup to have for lunch.

hehe that's how i am when i eat pasta i just love pasta i don't get to savor any of the flavors.

jackie
08-02-2006, 03:52 PM
I just got back from spinning, then took the dogs out for an hour+ walk. I am not keeping track of what I am eating really, I am just trying to keep moving.

beeniesmom
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM
No walk this morning... I got up too late.
Had a yogurt and a power bar for breakfast. I am starting to really like them.
Will be having some more of that bean soup for lunch today and then tonight, more than likely, we will be going out to eat. I was thinking about just a nice mushroom burger and I will only eat half the bun.
Today will be very busy. I am working half a day today and then heading over to help mu in laws move... lots of excersize there. :)
PS: I wieghed myself this morning I lost another 2 pounds.
I have lost 8 pounds since I started on July 21st. Is that too much?

Toby's my baby
08-03-2006, 01:37 PM
Good job everybody!!

This week has been fairly good for me, I've pretty much completly stopped "snacking" and just eatting my normal meals. I did just eat a few crackers, but crackers are better than potatoe chips!! :p I think I'm not going to do so good on Saturday.... It is my brothers wedding reception at my house, outside, and there is going to be a LOT of wonderful food...:o

christa
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
Good job everybody!!

This week has been fairly good for me, I've pretty much completly stopped "snacking" and just eatting my normal meals. I did just eat a few crackers, but crackers are better than potatoe chips!! :p I think I'm not going to do so good on Saturday.... It is my brothers wedding reception at my house, outside, and there is going to be a LOT of wonderful food...:o

That's great! But it's a good idea to incorporate healthy snacks inbetween meals too :) Like veggies, yogurt, nuts . . .

Good luck at that reception! Just remember that IF you've been GOOD, you can cheat a *little* and get by with it . . . just don't fall off the wagon completely!

RobiLee
08-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Hey there! I've managed to drop another 2 pounds, making it a total of 12 pounds. I'm surprised I lost those last 2 pounds. We were on vacation the past 1 1/2 weeks and we didn't eat the best of foods. We had several days where we ate out and I thought I would destroy any progress that I made, but I'm finding out that I have started eating smaller portions and not pigging out like I have done in the past

I have to tell you that this has been so incredibly hard for me. Not only am I trying to lose weight and look and feel better but I have also been dealing with some personal issues and all of it can be so overwhelming at times. Sometimes I just don't feel like dealing with it anymore and I just want to give up. Just quit! I'm hanging in there for now though.

I am 42 years old now and losing weight at this age is so much more difficult. I've also had a complete hysterectomy and I'm starting to wonder if the stuff they say about gaining weight and not being able to lose it after this surgery is true. I've always heard that is was but always just thought it was a bunch of crap..lol. All I know is it is sooooo hard! For those of you that are quite a bit younger, make sure you deal with your weight issues now! Don't wait. Get it under control, because the older you get the harder it is!

I hope everyone is having a good week!

RobiLee
08-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Katie, Tori and I just got back from a 35 minute walk! I need to force myself to get up and do this first thing in the morning. How do you guys find the drive to do that? There is a huge hill in our neighborhood that I use to walk up every day. I loved walking up there and accomplishing that. Lots of beautiful homes up there and I would enjoy my walk and dream about which house I would live in...lol. I would like to make that a goal. Walk up a little bit and keep doing that til I can tackle the whole hill.

Almita
08-04-2006, 02:29 PM
Good job everybody!!

I'm with you well... i haven't stopped snacking but i just stopped snacking junk food. When i feel the need of eating something i just go into my refrigerator and grab a fruit or a veggie just to snack on. Better than potato chips , chocolate or candy.

jackie
08-05-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok, I am going to try to post a picture. I haven't had one picture of me taken since my knee ops, thats how bad I feel about my weight gain, but you are right, it will probably motivate me to move a bit more. :o