PDA

View Full Version : Windows XP Home Edition

sasvermont
05-21-2002, 02:52 PM
I just upgraded my CPU and it came preloaded with Windows XP Home Edition. Although I can print regular documents, it doesn't seem to recognize my photosmart 1215 printer. Does anyone else here use XP Home Edition and a photosmart printer (with smartcard)? Thanks. :( :( :( :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek: :eek: :eek:

L-A.
05-21-2002, 02:58 PM
Hang on a sec, ok?

I used to work for Microsoft and still have access to the internal knowledgebase.. I'll get back to you...

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-21-2002, 03:10 PM
Did you install the printer using new drivers?

Here is the link so you may download the XP drivers for your Photosmart 1215.

Windows XP Drivers for Photosmart 1215 (http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/swdl.pl?c=ps306&i=ps306en&p=hpphotosma22071&n=hp+photosmart+1215+printer)

If you have already done that, you may have to give me more details.

sasvermont
05-21-2002, 03:14 PM
Actually, I did d/l the new drivers and it took hours to do it. So I just received (today at work) a CD with the new drivers on it (I hope) and any patches that are also with the d/l.

I was using W98 at home and NT at the office, so I have little to no knowledge about this. I have spend hours flipping around each site (MSN XP and HP's) and trying to find out the idiots version of what to do with this problem. I am going to try to connect the camera right to the CPU .... tonight.... and by pass the printer altogether. :eek: :eek: :eek:

anna_66
05-22-2002, 07:30 AM
We have windows XP also. I just bought a Olympus Camera that requires smart media. It says on the box that it is windows XP compatible, I hope I don't have as much trouble!
Have you gotten yours working yet? I hope so!

sasvermont
05-22-2002, 07:40 AM
I did the humane society thing last night and didn't get home until 8:30 so I was too tired to read the _____ directions to the USB port etc. etc.

We shall see - maybe tonight!
;)

mruffruff
05-22-2002, 01:16 PM
I have an Olympus 510 camera and had to buy a SanDisk so I could put my pictures on the computer at work. We have Windows 98 and I downloaded Irfanview free software.

The SanDisk cost about $30. It comes with the software to run it and once you install it, you don't need to do anything more with it.

The free software is at www.irfanview.com. It makes it real easy to resize pictures and save them.

If anyone wants some simple directions for using irfanview, let me know.

Mary

sasvermont
05-22-2002, 02:00 PM
I will give it a try tonight!

:cool: :cool: :cool:

anna_66
05-22-2002, 04:58 PM
That's the same camera we have (Olympus d-510). I'll take any pointers on using it if you have any!!!!

mruffruff
05-23-2002, 11:19 AM
Anna, have you been able to transfer pictures to your computer yet? I'm still a novice with the camera, but I can put pics into a folder.

Let me know what you need and I'll try to help.

Mary

anna_66
05-24-2002, 02:39 PM
No, actually I havent had much time to even take any pics, I've been working too much! but maby next week!