PDA

View Full Version : YES, I found him!

wolfsoul
07-29-2006, 10:28 PM
I am so excited right now. I have been searching FOREVER for a male to breed Visa to that comes from mostly Sundown lines. Visa has some Sundown dogs in her background and I've liked what they've produced.

Look at this boy! http://www.geocities.com/hillsidebelgians/dillon.html Edit: this link has spyware on it

I have been searching for hours every night, and you have no idea how hard it is to find a dog with good American lines. Even this dog has some European dogs in his pedigree. It's one reason Marla gets so many people wanting to breed their males to her females, because her females are pure American lines (like Visa).

I'm going to email this breeder and ask about the dog's temperment and health. :D

Riptide
07-29-2006, 10:30 PM
Wow, he certainly is a pretty boy!

MajesticCollies
07-29-2006, 10:36 PM
Glad you found the Pedigree line you like. Yup it does take hours of research. I am also looking for another show quality bitch to add to my line. I have spent hundreds of hours traveled distances to Dog shows evaluating Collies that were going to be bred. Wow still sweating from searching. I just about have it narrowed down. When she will breed again for me to pick a female, well time will tell. Congrats on your findings, hope it workds out.

GoldenLuv
07-29-2006, 11:26 PM
I thought that you already bred her

Suki Wingy
07-29-2006, 11:32 PM
He does sound nice! Good luck with him. :)

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-29-2006, 11:32 PM
He is absolutely gorgeous, Jordan!!! I hope his temperament and everything else will compliment Visa well :)

wolfsoul
07-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys, good luck finding a good bitch MajesticCollies. :) I am looking for alot of dogs with Sundown lines, not just for future studs, but because in the future I would like to get a female on lease to breed to Visa's son, so I can keep a female out of the litter. It will probably be so far in the future that it's silly for me to look for that female now, so I'm mainly looking at dogs that I really like so I can look for their offspring later. I have a few kennels in mind with dogs and lines that I like, but I'm having trouble finding those "special" dogs. That's why I'm so excited about this one, he gives me a good feeling! I'm very interested in a litter between him and Visa, but only based on lines so far -- I still need to figure out what his temperment is like as that's my main priority!

I thought that you already bred her
Yes, she is expecting right now (hopefully, still too early to tell). But I am going to breed her again in two and three years, and possibly one more time after that (not sure though, we'll see what happens in the future).

GoldenLuv
07-29-2006, 11:46 PM
Thanks guys, good luck finding a good bitch MajesticCollies. :) I am looking for alot of dogs with Sundown lines, not just for future studs, but because in the future I would like to get a female on lease to breed to Visa's son, so I can keep a female out of the litter. It will probably be so far in the future that it's silly for me to look for that female now, so I'm mainly looking at dogs that I really like so I can look for their offspring later. I have a few kennels in mind with dogs and lines that I like, but I'm having trouble finding those "special" dogs. That's why I'm so excited about this one, he gives me a good feeling! I'm very interested in a litter between him and Visa, but only based on lines so far -- I still need to figure out what his temperment is like as that's my main priority!

Yes, she is expecting right now (hopefully, still too early to tell). But I am going to breed her again in two and three years, and possibly one more time after that (not sure though, we'll see what happens in the future).

aawww i hope she is

she is gonna have some beauitful puppies...

wolfsoul
07-31-2006, 05:52 PM
Looks like it's a go! I talked to the breeder, Dillon sounds like a wonderful dog. We're talking about payment plans now and as soon as I'm a little more financially secure I'll be paying for his frozen semen. I'd like to keep a female out of this litter, so since I would like to eventually have a granddaughter from Visa, this will help me decide whether or not I'd like one out of her son or daughter. As far as lines go, I think her daughter would be my best bet though. This is SUCH a great breeding as far as the pedigree goes, I'm very excited about these lines.

.sarah
07-31-2006, 06:03 PM
So how long will it be before she has this litter? Are you going to let her rest for a heat?

wolfsoul
07-31-2006, 06:05 PM
Thsi litter won't be until fall 2008. :)

.sarah
07-31-2006, 06:15 PM
Oh okay. Well ... maybe I'll be ready for a Belgian by then?

LOL probably not. I think Visa is beautiful and she makes me want one, but that's probably not such a good idea :p :o

wolfsoul
07-31-2006, 06:21 PM
LOL well if you ever want one, let me know. :p

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-31-2006, 06:26 PM
That's great, Jordan! Glad to hear he sounds like a good match for her :) I want a Vi puppy sooo badly....by any chance, do you think you'll breed her again after the one in 2008? That's when I'm supposed to get my Toller pup..

binka_nugget
07-31-2006, 06:31 PM
Jeez Jordan.. Fall 2008 would be a great time for another dog for me. You have to let me get something OTHER than a Belgian eventually you know! :p

wolfsoul
07-31-2006, 06:49 PM
That's great, Jordan! Glad to hear he sounds like a good match for her :) I want a Vi puppy sooo badly....by any chance, do you think you'll breed her again after the one in 2008? That's when I'm supposed to get my Toller pup..
Yep, I'd like to breed her again in 2009, and as for 2010 we will see, if I do then that will be her last litter. :) Her daughter will probably be bred in 2010 or 2011.

LOL Ashley, sorry, I'll just stop telling you when these things happen. :p

Lori Jordan
07-31-2006, 08:26 PM
I have not been keeping up but is she not pregnant now or did it not take?The male is Georgeous he would throw nice pups!

Alysser
07-31-2006, 08:31 PM
That is so great! I can't wait till the puppies come, they will be beautiful! :D

k9krazee
07-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Ooo, 2010-11? That'd be perfect for me :p

Dillon is absolutely gorgeous.

cyber-sibes
07-31-2006, 10:14 PM
What a handsome guy Dillon is! The puppies will be awesome! (Already can't wait to see her first litter!)

wolfsoul
07-31-2006, 10:25 PM
I have not been keeping up but is she not pregnant now or did it not take?
Yes it took, she's due Sept 4. :)

Ooo, 2010-11? That'd be perfect for me[
Hehehe. ;) :p

king2005
08-01-2006, 08:28 AM
I'll defently be keeping my eyes peeled for the future (2010+) as I do want a large dog that I can work with. If I go pure might aswell get it from someone I know & trust with the lines...

zoomer
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
He certainly is handsome!

beeniesmom
08-01-2006, 12:58 PM
The link you posted has some kind of spyware on it.
If you clicked on the link you are infected.
Scan your pc with symantec to get rid of it.

zoomer
08-01-2006, 01:00 PM
The link you posted has some kind of spyware on it.
If you clicked on the link you are infected.
Scan your pc with symantec to get rid of it.

Eeek, better scan it now.

wolfsoul
08-01-2006, 08:35 PM
I just scanned my computer, and nothing came up. Are you sure it's that link?

.sarah
08-01-2006, 08:49 PM
So is Uniquity Belgians the name of your kennel? Is that going to be the prefix for the puppies or is it going to be Attra Dea?

Where'd you come up with that name and what does it mean?

wolfsoul
08-01-2006, 09:20 PM
Yup, that's my kennel name! :) I still need to register it with CKC, and as soon as I get off my lazy butt I will lol. You do't actually need to register a kennel name to use it though, or to register the puppies, as Attra Dea isn't even registered. The puppies will be under Attra Dea, since it's in the contract that Marla recieves one litter out of Visa. Her next ones will be under Uniquity though. Uniquity is basically just the proper form of "uniqueness" lol. I want my dogs to be different, unique. I will probably encorporate the name into my puppy's name. I'm thinking "Attra Dea's DareToDreamO'Uniquity" if that even fits lol.

beeniesmom
08-02-2006, 08:04 AM
I just scanned my computer, and nothing came up. Are you sure it's that link?

Yes, because when I clicked on it my Anti spyware software opened an alert window saying that some spyware was trying to download itself on my computer. If you have the latest version of Symantec, it should pick it up.