PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye my precious Graham

AdoreMyDogs
07-29-2006, 12:37 PM
It was love at first sight with you. I saw you and I knew I had to have you, even though in the university apartment complex I was living in we were not allowed dogs. I adopted you anyway, and we had you undetected and illegially until I came back to live with my mom after college.

You became my first dog. The first dog that was mine and I picked out. I looked at your sweet little angel face at the dog shelter I volunteered at and it was the most instant love I've ever experienced. You truly had an angel face, the most angelic face I've ever seen on an animal. You became my heart dog and my best friend.

You had been threw some of my most difficult times. It's never easy to go threw the things we people have to go threw, but it's always bearable, especially when you have precious fur angels waiting for you with hearts of gold when you get home every day.

I want to thank you, Graham, for being my dog. For helping me find myself and helping me make it threw my life trauma. I want to thank you for being such a gentle, kind spirit to the people in the nursing homes we visited when you became a therapy dog. I wanted to thank you for being the most adorable agility dog and making me so proud. I wanted to thank you for being the very best dog I have had the pleasure of knowing. We are truly kindered spirits, you and I, and you will live on forever in my heart precious boy.

finn's mom
07-29-2006, 12:43 PM
Graham will always hold a special place in your heart, as well as many others. Although I didn't get to meet him, and, for that I will always be sad, I, too, will miss him. Leslie, please know my heart is with you today. I hope we can meet soon, as I would love to give you a hug and the gifts of friendship, love, and empathy.

KYS
07-29-2006, 12:50 PM
I know the pain will not go away, but in time
it does get easier.
Graham will always be with you and watching over you.
He is in a happier place and well again.

HUGS

Karen
07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
What a nice tribute to Graham.

Rest in peace, sweet boy. As sweet and brown and humble as the crackers that bear your name, you forever changed lives wherever you went. Humans, yes, and canine, too. We know Kersey learned so much from you, and I bet even that obnoxious kid brother, Boone, picke up a lot about how to be a good dog from you, even if he hasn't exactly showed it yet.

You were your Momma's heart, beating steady and true in her lowest moments, and I know you will be there, always, in her heart, and woven into the fabric of her life just like the little brown hairs that are indubitably woven into every garmet and carpet in her home and car.

Kfamr
07-29-2006, 01:01 PM
I've been viewing the thread in general ever since you posted it.

Last night I had a dream that you and Graham visited Simba and I. They played and played like they did in Findlay - and then you posted a thread on Pet Talk saying he was all better.

Graham has always held such a special place in my heart. I stare as his picture everyday, as it is at the top of this month's PT calendar. He makes me smile and with continue to as I remember him as he was.

I truely wish there were something I could say or do and Graham would be "better."

I am sorry Leslie. I feel as if I'm losing one of my own...
I remember so many times you've shared with us..

lizbud
07-29-2006, 03:54 PM
Leslie,

I would like to re-print the beautiful poem that Alicia posted in Dog General.
It says it all my friend. Graham will live on in your heart & mind forever. He is
gone, but never forgotten. Rest In Peace sweet Graham.

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.
But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.
So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.
The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.
That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.
Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.
You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.
So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.
Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.
And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.
I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

(c) Karen Clouston

Sudilar
07-29-2006, 04:12 PM
I could not read your tribute just yet. Just reading the thread post broke my heart.
Sending you hugs and tears for your Graham. I am so sorry. I will read your tribute later, when I can see.

Cataholic
07-29-2006, 06:11 PM
This has just torn through me. I cannot fathom the pain for you. I am so sorry. RIP, Graham. I had the pleasure of meeting you once. You were much loved. {{{hugs}}} to you, Leslie.

Daisy and Delilah
07-29-2006, 06:39 PM
My heart breaks for you. I'm so sorry your sweet boy has made his journey to the bridge. Live free and happy now Graham--run and play like never before. Rest in Peace sweetheart :(

cyber-sibes
07-29-2006, 09:21 PM
:( loosing one's best friend is such a sad, painful thing. Your Graham was such a sweetheart, he'll be looking down on you from the bridge with all of our beloveds, except he won't be in any pain anymore, and will have a big smile on his face. (((hugs))), I wish you peace.

zippy-kat
07-29-2006, 10:18 PM
Leslie, I've read this thread a couple of times today and couldn't come up with anything to say. We all know that words just can not soothe the hurt and loss you are experiencing. :(

Many hugs and prayers of strength for you and your family.

Rest sweetly, Graham.

Corinna
07-29-2006, 11:26 PM
So sorry to hear about Graham Hugs and prayers to you.

delidog
07-29-2006, 11:32 PM
Leslie,
My-heart-Breaks-for-You
Dearest-Graham
I-didn't-know-anything-was-wrong
Graham-was-a-Mainstay-at-Pet-TALK
Graham-was-one-of-the-Originals
We-LOE-YOU-GRAHAM
Godspeed-to-the-Bridge,My-Boy

ramanth
07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Leslie, I'm so so sorry about Graham.

:( :( *HUGS*

zoey
07-30-2006, 09:50 AM
*gentle hugs* I'm so sorry.

K9karen
07-30-2006, 11:25 PM
OMG! I'm speechless! Due to storms, I had no emails or internet for 2 days, then I was at appointments, etc. When I just saw this, I felt my heart drop to my feet. I burst into tears. You and Graham Cracker were one of the first PTers i "met". I remember every ordeal and story as if I was living it myself. Oh Leslie, how lucky you were to find each other and love each other so passionately. I loved that boy so much too. I wish I could wrap my arms around you. I love you, babe. Bless you all :(

wolf_Q
07-30-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm so sorry about Graham. :( He was truely a special dog in every way. {{hugs}}

AdoreMyDogs
07-30-2006, 11:46 PM
Thank you so very much, everyone. It really means a lot to me. That was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I really tried to not stress out too much since i'm still in my first trimester, but I just could not see him suffer any longer. He was having a hard time breathing and he was ready. He gave me the look that said he was ready.

The morning before I took him I offered him food many times and he turned his nose up at everything. I gave him a nice, long brush outside. He loved being brushed. I also put his new bandana from granny (my mom) on him so he felt handsome and he had a piece of my mom with him since she couldn't be here to say goodbye.

The doctor gave him a tranqualizer to calm him, even though he was very calm to begin with. He wanted it to be as gentle and peaceful as possible. He brought in a girl to hold him while he preformed the procedure and I told him that i wanted to hold him, so she went away after hugging me. I held him as I promised him I would. He went so peacefully in my arms but it hurts so bad. I still can't believe he's gone. I will never, ever forget his little stubble wag when he was happy. Oh how I miss that already. He had the most precious little stubble bottom.

I miss him so bad. It really hurts. My heart is broken. I know he's in a better place and free from his pain, but I want him with me.

sabies
07-31-2006, 03:29 AM
Leslie, I don't get on pet talk often enough so I miss a lot. I can't believe about Graham and I am so sad. I know how special Graham was to you. Our furkids do not stay with us long enough, we must make the most of our time with them and you did that with Graham. Wish there was something I could say to make you feel better but just know that my thoughts are with you.

elizabethann
07-31-2006, 08:06 AM
I just can't read these memorials at work - I cry too much.

I am so sorry about Graham. My deepest sympathies. You wrote some wonderful words about Graham & your relationship with him. What a wonderful dog. Take care.

pitc9
07-31-2006, 09:14 AM
I'm so sorry to hear he's gone to the bridge.
He'll love you for ever!

Alysser
07-31-2006, 10:40 AM
:( What a beautiful tribute. I am so sorry.((HUGS))

Pawsitive Thinking
07-31-2006, 10:42 AM
I am so, so sorry. RIP darling Graham - we all love you :(

JenBKR
07-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. Play hard at the bridge Graham!

blue girl
07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. Your words about his last moments were very touching and I know he was at peace knowing that he was in your arms. I can only hope I get the same opportunity to be with my babies when it is their time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I know Graham will live forever in your heart and memories.
Blue Girl

Sudilar
08-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Hugs (tears flowing freely). I feel your pain, Leslie. RIP, dear Graham. You were loved dearly.

captain
08-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Leslie,
I too have been away from PT, and could not check in as often as I would have liked.

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this time.
What beautiful words you used at the beginning of the thread. *tears*

Play hard at the Rainbow Bridge, darlin Graham

shais_mom
08-03-2006, 12:46 AM
I replied to your other thread -
I'm sorry I missed this one.
Godspeed sweet Graham.
I had the pleasure of meeting you a couple times and adored you.
Shaianne welcome Graham into the mix. I know there will be lots of grandma's up there to give you some cookies.

cloverfdx
08-03-2006, 07:23 AM
Leslie you are in my thoughts {{Hugs}}. Rest easy Graham :(.

Logan
08-03-2006, 11:08 AM
Dear Graham,

You were one of those "heart dogs" that stole every heart on Pet Talk with your stories and wonderful, smiling pictures. There will never be another Graham for us. You are missed and loved, and your sweet mom is too. I don't doubt that there was ever another Pet Talk dog loved more than you, either, especially the love you received from Leslie.

Leslie, our hearts and prayers are with you.

With sadness, but understanding,

Logan :(

AdoreMyDogs
08-20-2006, 11:50 PM
Testing my new signature. Viewing all the gorgeous pictures I have of Graham rekindled my pain. Just testing new sig to see if my angel's picture shows up.

AdoreMyDogs
08-20-2006, 11:54 PM
test

Sudilar
08-22-2006, 07:12 AM
Awww, Precious Angel!

K9karen
08-24-2006, 01:34 AM
*sniff sniff* He was really something. The mold has been broken. He was one of a kind. I miss him too but I will always have such great memories of him. I'm blessed I "knew" him.
Play happy, darling Graham. Cody's making snow angels with his tennis balls. He's waiting for you to join in...

AdoreMyDogs
07-30-2007, 11:00 AM
It was a year ago since I lost my best boy, my little angel, my heart-dog. I can hardly believe it's been a year already. I know he's in a good place and I know he's safe but I sure do miss him. I re-read all the lovely responses to my post here and I sob as if it were yesterday. I really miss Graham :( I wish he could have met Quinn.

finn's mom
07-30-2007, 11:14 AM
I'll be thinking of you. I really wish I could have met Graham. I will meet Quinn, though. :) xoxoxo

Cataholic
07-30-2007, 12:51 PM
What a sad anniversary.

sandragonfly
07-30-2007, 12:53 PM
((((hugs))))

:(

Cinder & Smoke
07-30-2007, 01:12 PM
I really miss Graham :(

I *miss* Graham, too!

He was one of my favorite Treet Seekers at the Dawg Parks ...

He'd find me, shove his way right up front, sit, and SHOUT *BARK* till he got a treet!

Then he'd wait till about half the other dogs had a byte,
then SHOUT *BARK* for another one!

Go see my MOM, Graham - she's good for Chawklit Chippy COOKIES!

<sniff>

{{{Hugs}}}, Leslie
/s/ Phred

dukedogsmom
07-30-2007, 07:02 PM
I so know how you feel. I'll always feel something is not quite right now without Duke. We can share our sadness together. Maybe Graham and Duke are good buddies. *sigh* LES at work........

ramanth
07-30-2007, 09:00 PM
*HUGS*

I miss that boy that helped teach Kia it was okay to play in the water.

Sudilar
07-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Big Hugs.

K9karen
07-30-2007, 11:12 PM
You're forever in my heart, too, Graham. Hope you're having fun.

loveallfurryfriends
08-01-2007, 08:19 AM
R.I.P Graham. I am so sorry for your loss!

AdoreMyDogs
08-05-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't mean to bring this thread back, no replies are necessary, but I laid down this afternoon and attempted to take a nap. Kersey, my dearest girlfriend in the world, was curled up at my side on the bed. I then started thinking of my precious Graham and how much I miss him. I thought about the good times, and I thought about the heart wrenching day we parted ways at the vet hospital. I wasn't able to sleep because I found myself crying and missing my Graham. I then realized that it's been just over 2 years that I lost my dear boy.

I miss Graham so very much. I wish I could have him back. I wish he never got sick. :( I wish he could have met Quinn. I hope he's happy where he is. I so miss him and I so wish we were together still.

My heart is broken still after 2 years. He was so very special, my Graham.

Again, no need to reply.

Pam
08-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Leslie I do understand and I feel I must reply. These animals are our family. They pass away and we miss them just as much as anyone who has been an integral part of our lives. I can totally understand your feelings right now and just offer you many ((((hugs)))). Occasionally out of the blue I will think of my past dogs and wish they were here and could meet and enjoy Bella and Ripley and of course that I could run my fingers through their fur just once more. You are among friends who understand. http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/6.gif

pitc9
08-05-2008, 04:11 PM
:love::love::love::love:

ramanth
08-05-2008, 05:37 PM
*HUGS* :love:

lizbud
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
*HUGS* :love:

((Hugs)) from here too Leslie. We all remember your sweet boy. I too
sometime wish for just one more big hug with my Buddy or just to watch
him sleep at my feet. Like Pam said, they are family.

Sudilar
08-06-2008, 12:15 PM
I also know how you feel. I STILL miss Killi and Shi so very much.
Sending big hugs to you.

Alysser
08-06-2008, 07:03 PM
I'm so sorry about Graham. I know you miss him. (((hugs)))

dukedogsmom
08-06-2008, 07:30 PM
I understand your pain. In three more months, it'll be two years for me, too. I would do almost anything to bring back Duke. If only it weren't so painful. But, that's how special they were to us. There will always be that part of our heart reserved just for them.