PDA

View Full Version : My Parents Are Getting Divorced....

manda_moo87
07-29-2006, 11:58 AM
I am completely speechless.

My Mom just walked in my room 10 minutes ago and said "Dad wants a divorse. You're driving me to town."

I can't believe it, I can't even cry.

Their 25th anniversary was going to be on the 15th of August and I bought them two beautiful gifts and was making a scrapbook for them. OMG.... :( :( :( My parents are the last people on earth I ever thought would split...

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

flamepony12
07-29-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm so sorry, Amanda. :( Hang in there, and you know I'm always here if you need to talk. :( ((((((((HUGS))))))))

manda_moo87
07-29-2006, 12:44 PM
Well we had to turn around when we were driving into town. I lost it, I had to pull over suddenly and nearly killed my Mom's car (put it in P before it had stopped, oops)... I feel a bit better now. I really needed a good cry. My Mom explained things a bit to me.

I hate my Dad now, I don't want to even look at him. Supposidly he "met" someone younger. My Mom said he's been treating her like crap, and she considered killing herself last night... thank God she realized she couldn't do it to me, so she didn't....

critter crazy
07-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Gosh I am so sorry!! What a horrible thing to go through. They obviously have a reason to be doing it, and it is probably best for everyone! Hang in there!

lute
07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
:( what a horrible thing to go through. i'm terribly sorry. if you need anyone to talk to we're all here.

binka_nugget
07-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Aw, I'm really sorry Amanda. It's tough.. but hang in there. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person for being completely selfless and thinking about you at a time like this.

Karen
07-29-2006, 12:55 PM
So sorry, sweetie. Sending you hugs, to help you get through this trying time. You don't have to respect you dad any more, I wouldn't, but try not to hate him - it is a waste on your good time and energy.

Toby's my baby
07-29-2006, 01:04 PM
I am so sorry Amanda. :( {{ LOTS of hugs}} It is terrible that you have to go through this. :(

Jadapit
07-29-2006, 01:09 PM
I'm really sorry Amanda. What an awful thing for both you and your mom. :( You both will be in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

Catty1
07-29-2006, 01:29 PM
Amanda - did you know your name means "worthy of being loved"?

And you are.

As terrible as this is - there are better times ahead! I don't know how old you are, but you will be going with your Mom to wherever she is?

HUGS!

luvofallhorses
07-29-2006, 01:39 PM
I'm so, so sorry, Amanda. :( you and your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/Krista04/hug.gif

we love you and we are here for you, please know that.

zoey
07-29-2006, 01:58 PM
Awwwwww. I"m so sorry you have to go through this.
It must be so painful for you. I hope you'll put all your energy into loving your mom and doing well in school.
..::HUGS::..

jazzcat
07-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I'm so sorry! Sounds like you and your mother really need each other right now. Stay strong sweetie.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Aw Amanda, I am so sorry to hear this.... . It must have been such a shock to you... :eek: !I know it is hard, but try to be with your mom as much as possible; in fact you two will need each other very much now.
((((((((((HUGS!!!! ))))))))))))

Alysser
07-29-2006, 03:09 PM
I'm so sorry...I can't believe that's the reason. I am SO sorry!! :( This must be so hard for you. (((HUGS))) you'll definatly be in my thoughts and prayers.

caseysmom
07-29-2006, 03:14 PM
Sounds like your father is going through a selfish time right now. He is probably feeling his mortality and this other woman makes him feel young again. Its very selfish but just remember he is human and will make mistakes, he is still your father and no doubt he still loves you very much.

Blue_Frog
07-29-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your parents. I went through the same thing about 2 years ago when my mom decided to leave my dad suddenly after 32 years - she had been unhappy for a long time, they were really very different people -i had just driven to montreal, and i turned around and drove home from montreal to toronto the same night in complete brain-fog.

My best wishes for you and your mom. I haven't been here very long, but if you ever need a sympathetic ear you're always welcome to PM me.

Zippy
07-29-2006, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry(((HUGS)))
I will keep you in my prayers
I know this is hard because i am going thorw the same thing.If you need to talk PM me.

Daisy and Delilah
07-29-2006, 06:33 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you're having to go through this sweetheart. How your heart must be broken. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this time. Please remember that your Dad is probably going through a hard time too and he still loves you. Hang in there and please check in with us. We're all here for you whenever you need a break and someone to talk to.

moosmom
07-29-2006, 07:59 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. We are all here for you.

cyber-sibes
07-29-2006, 09:03 PM
So sorry, sweetie. Relationships can be so difficult, your mom is probably devastated too. (((hugs))) to both of you.

shais_mom
07-29-2006, 11:15 PM
wow -
so sorry to hear this
please take care of your mom and yourself

manda_moo87
07-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Man... oh man...

My family really confuses me and drives me up the wall, lol. This morning my Mom came in and woke me up again but this time she told me Dad is sorry and its all off. :eek: :confused:

Not sure what happened... but I guess they worked it out. I think its going to take me a while before I can trust my Dad again though, he was such a jerk to us, especially my Mom. But I guess he realized what he was throwing away by leaving us...

Thanks for all the support you guys. :)

Catty1
07-30-2006, 04:40 PM
I hope your dad really does make a change...you don't need to be put through that again! Nor your mom!

Are they maybe going to look at counselling?

hugs!

manda_moo87
07-30-2006, 08:01 PM
I hope your dad really does make a change...you don't need to be put through that again! Nor your mom!

Are they maybe going to look at counselling?

hugs!

Thanks, I hope so too.

Don't think their going to be doing any counselling. We all just went out for a nice dinner and things seem to be really well between them, surprisingly. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed it all works out.

Catty1
07-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Well, maybe some talking was done that was long overdue...things can build up over the years...

I hope you feel better soon. Gosh, that's just unnerving...and I am sure your dad knows he has to earn your trust again.

hugs!

BOBS DAD
07-30-2006, 08:39 PM
Man... oh man...

My family really confuses me and drives me up the wall, lol. This morning my Mom came in and woke me up again but this time she told me Dad is sorry and its all off. :eek: :confused:

Not sure what happened... but I guess they worked it out. I think its going to take me a while before I can trust my Dad again though, he was such a jerk to us, especially my Mom. But I guess he realized what he was throwing away by leaving us...

Thanks for all the support you guys. :)

HONEY, I AM SORRY, BUT I DON'T "THINK IT IS ALL OVER" YET. I HOPE THAT THE RECONCILIATION GOES WELL AND CONTINUES TOWARDS RESOLUTION. UNFORTUNEATELY, I BELIEVE YOU WILL HAVE SOME REAL BUMPS AND DIFFICULTY COMING YOUR WAY. DON'T DESPAIR THOUGH, IF THEY ARE SERIOUS ABOUT STAYING TOGETHER, THEY'LL GET THROUGH IT. YOU JUST BE SURE TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF ALONG THE WAY. DON'T GET "TOO HIGH" OR TOO LOW. AND PLEASE TRY NOT TO TAKE SIDES.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOUR PARENTS. I am happy for you and family and hope that harmony in the home continues.

kuhio98
07-30-2006, 08:48 PM
I'm so sorry that your family is going through this right now. And I'm really, really sorry that your mother is involving you. I mean no disrespect to your mother. But, you are her child. Not her best friend or sister. I would hope that she would not confide in you these things. You are not mature enough yet to handle all of these feelings. I really hope that they can work out their differences.

shais_mom
07-30-2006, 10:11 PM
I have to agree with Kuhio - altho honestly is good b/n you and your mom -
one of my friends is going thru something similiar right now - she's been with her husband for 17 years altogether and he had a fling with no intention of leaving her but now the 'other woman' is becoming obsessed with him and its very hard for them right now.
Fingers crossed for your family.