He's 2 1/2 months old , here is his pic

Danegirl2208
07-29-2006, 09:54 AM
hes adorable!

heres a few..
Timber, VooDoo, Apollo, Zeke, Ty, Arrow, Nova, Czar, Gino, Cesar, Yukon, Juno

lbaker
07-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Oh no. I'm not even going to follow this one. Apt to get too emotional over the issue :(

Marigold2
07-29-2006, 10:17 AM
How about Malcom, Nigel, Slick, Boris, Icies, Zeus, Jerry, Larry, Todd

*iluvskipper*
07-29-2006, 10:36 AM
Timber, Shadow, Grizzly, Blaze, Lobo... ?

mousie
07-29-2006, 10:55 AM
Let me warn you, I went to tour the wildlife science center in Minnesota once, and 50 % of the wolves there are wolf dog hybrids, and all of them have either killed or attacked their owner. I am extremely against keeping hybrids as pets :mad: . When you get attacked, don't be surprised.

lute
07-29-2006, 10:58 AM
i REALLY hope you know what you are getting into by getting a hybrid. :(

Karen
07-29-2006, 11:51 AM
Before this gets too heated, Jess19, have you or your family had any experience with a wolf-hybrid before? Where did you get him, and if it was from a breeder, did the breeder give you special instructions?

Folks, hold of on judging until we know more about the pup, person, and situation.

Roxyluvsme13
07-29-2006, 04:58 PM
-sigh-

bckrazy
07-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Have you checked your state/local laws regarding wolf hybrids? If the content is right, you have a very high content hybrid. Has your family done extensive research? Do you have a proper enclosure? Proper training knowledge? Proper food?

I feel it's completely wrong to tell the OP that her dog is going to kill her! WTH is that? Wolves are pre-disposed to be more shy than the average dog, but not necessarily vicious. I've known people with higher content hybrids (these people had licenses) whose hybrids lived in the house with them, and were just as sweet as any well-socialized dog.

wolfsoul
07-29-2006, 07:49 PM
I agree with Erica. Wolves are not predisposed to aggression -- they are very family oriented and are genetically shy.

I agree with the others though, I hope you have done your research. Wolfdogs are very high maintenance animals. They will never be dog nor wolf; they are special and they need special treatment. They have been known to jump 10 foot fences, dig underneath fences to get out, etc -- they are extreme escape artists. They are also very timid and need to be put away when company comes over as they can become very stressed out. They need alot of exercise or they will become quite agitated and destructive. They should also have a dog partner because they are very social. They need a raw diet. They do not make good pets. It's my opinion that wolves should remain in the wild and dogs in captivity; the two should not be mixed.

But since what's done has been done...

Lakota, Kato, Kenai, Nikki, Raven, Spirit...

mousie
07-30-2006, 09:40 AM
I guess my message was a bit harsh, but I agree with the othes, are you ready for a wolf hybrid?

Sorry for being a bit harsh :rolleyes:

dukeandflo
07-30-2006, 01:23 PM
Although I have never been good at naming dogs :confused: , a few names do come to mind:
Moose, Duke, Tank, Rex, Fido, Rigley, Parker, Dawson, Billie Bob Joe :), Hunter, King, Shadow, Butch, Old Jack, Shiloh, Boe, Keeper, and Ivan.

cocker_luva
07-30-2006, 03:04 PM
how bout GORGEOUS!

lbaker
07-30-2006, 06:39 PM
This person has not replied..

DrKym
07-30-2006, 06:46 PM
Troll?

lbaker
07-30-2006, 06:53 PM
that's my guess

jess19
07-30-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes, i do have experience with hybrid wolf dogs, as this will not be my first nor my last. Yes i did get him from a breeder who game me instructions on what hes been eating. I do know how to properly feed/care for him. Was just simply asking about a name. Sorry it took so long to post back been having pc problems however im sure alot of people arent going to respond when they ask things and get the response i recieved. Thanks to all of you who've helped.

zoey
07-30-2006, 07:33 PM
I think you got a lot of good responses as well as some warnings the harshest of which was from a newbie such as yourself who apologized. I think everyone just has your best interest at heart and were asking questions and such.
You can learn a lot on this board if you just give it a chance. :)

mustlovedogs
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
I think you got a lot of good responses as well as some warnings the harshest of which was from a newbie such as yourself who apologized. I think everyone just has your best interest at heart and were asking questions and such.
You can learn a lot on this board if you just give it a chance. :)

Very well said! :)

Husky_mom
08-02-2006, 03:19 PM
i once owned a wolf/husky/golden/pit mix (Chanz) for 4 years (until stolen last christmas :( ) adn she was the sweetest dog ever, but still fierce enough to fight other dogs when needed (if they approached too much she barked her head off, and one occasional fight with China and Ninja so i separate them i didnt want the wolf instinct to kick in more) but she was very docile (sp?) and friendly, but my advice as with every other dog, socialization and training is a must and have in mind hidden instincts and reaction that may be triggered at some point. good to hear you have beforehand experience

hes very cute he looked to me like a Shadow or Grey but the suggestions given are great so far.........

IShowDogsForFun
08-11-2006, 12:02 PM
how about Sheba

zoomer
08-11-2006, 12:13 PM
I like the name Blaze from him.

Yes, i do have experience with hybrid wolf dogs, as this will not be my first nor my last. Yes i did get him from a breeder who game me instructions on what hes been eating. I do know how to properly feed/care for him. Was just simply asking about a name. Sorry it took so long to post back been having pc problems however im sure alot of people arent going to respond when they ask things and get the response i recieved. Thanks to all of you who've helped.

I'm glad you know how to care for them :) But there has been responsible breeders give dogs to responsible owners, and some of them still get attacked. So please be alert and aware at all times and be very careful in public.