PDA

View Full Version : What is this called?

Sevaede
07-28-2006, 09:54 PM
Okay, I have a question.

I am not quite sure what to call this. When dogs get extra excited, or something else to provoke this reaction, and they run around faster than they usually can (or will) and sometimes do weird little tricks. With my parents Little Dog, it looks like she tucks her butt under her and goes FWOOM! across the house. Most of the dogs that I've seen do it usually go about in circles or run up and down really fast.

I think it is adorable and hilarious. What is it called?

Karen
07-28-2006, 09:55 PM
The zoomies!
Doggie speedway!
The (Insert Name of Dog) 500!

chocolatepuppy
07-28-2006, 09:55 PM
Zoomies :D

Sevaede
07-28-2006, 10:06 PM
Hehe! Thank you very much! :D

I noticed Spanky has been getting a case of the zoomies regularly! :p

IRescue452
07-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Its technically called a FRAP for frequent rapid activity period. A dog book I have says they go away as the dog hits adulthood, but Pepper did this until she was 15 and Autumn is 6 and still has these.

DrKym
07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Zoomies! mine do it after every bath and every playtime with kids!

molucass
07-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Yeah! Definitely the zoomies.. Lol.

Pit bulls are famous for them. Morgan has started where she gets them all the time! :)

Jadapit
07-29-2006, 12:48 PM
Yeah! Definitely the zoomies.. Lol.

Pit bulls are famous for them. Morgan has started where she gets them all the time! :)

Isn't that the truth?! I don’t think I have ever owned a dog that zooms around like Ebony. It's hilarious to watch. She had the zoomies big time one night. She was hauling butt down the hall, jumped on the arm of the loveseat (she was going 90 to nothing) the next thing I know she was flying through the air she was going so fast that she landed on the kitchen counter. I couldn't believe it. You should have seen the look on her face it was like how the heck did I end up here? I was laughing so hard. It was great! :D

joanofark
07-29-2006, 01:22 PM
Isn't that the truth?! I don’t think I have ever owned a dog that zooms around like Ebony. It's hilarious to watch. She had the zoomies big time one night. She was hauling butt down the hall, jumped on the arm of the loveseat (she was going 90 to nothing) the next thing I know she was flying through the air she was going so fast that she landed on the kitchen counter. I couldn't believe it. You should have seen the look on her face it was like how the heck did I end up here? I was laughing so hard. It was great! :D

LMAO!!! :p

Duke doesn't do Zoomies anymore, but Ace does them everytime I play with him!! :D

BitsyNaceyDog
07-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Jake does that every night when Justin gets home from work. I have a no running in the house rule so Justin usually has to take him outside.

cyber-sibes
07-29-2006, 08:37 PM
zoomies!
We have a special name for butt-tucking-tight-turn zoomies - "skootching" ! huskies are really good at it. My favorite part is the wild-eyed look on their faces while they do it!