PDA

View Full Version : Time to say goodbye

AdoreMyDogs
07-28-2006, 03:08 PM
It's time. Tonight is our final night together. Tomorrow morning we are going to send our beautiful boy off to the Rainbow Bridge. I don't think I have ever hurt so bad in my life.

If I don't reply for awhile it's just because I am taking some time to mourn. I know he had a good life, although shorter then I had of imagined and hoped. He is so sick and he is ready, as am I, to send him off to heaven.

He was my first dog, the first one that was actually "my" dog. He was the first dog I picked out. He's been threw so much with me, breakups, a divorce, a miscarriage. He has been the best, most mellow, most gentle little boy I've ever met, stealing the hearts of the people he has met. He's so precious and I can't believe his time on this earth is overwith, but I know that God has need for him and I can't keep him here any longer, to do so would be selfish. He and I had a 'talk' this afternoon and I truly feel he is ready and is truly miserable. I can't stand to see him like this.

I have to go. I know you all will understand. Please say a prayer my little boy that he has a quick journey tomorrow morning.

Love,

Leslie and family

cyber-sibes
07-28-2006, 03:34 PM
:( I'm so sorry (((((gentle hugs)))))) That is such a hard decision, but you know when it's time. Savor this special time with your sweet Graham. I will say special prayers for you, Leslie, and your family, and hold you in my thoughts & heart. Graham will be welcomed by many of our dearly loved ones who are also at the bridge, including my Rosie and Chow-Chow.

JenBKR
07-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I am so sorry. I don't know the whole story, but it sounds to me like you are doing the right thing, even though it's one of the hardest decisions we pet owners can make. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers ((((hugs))))

ramanth
07-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Leslie, I am soooo sorry. :(

You and Graham were the first PT'ers we ever met and you introduced me to a much wider world, including the Bark Park. We will always be greatful for that.

I sucks and it's not fair to have to make these kinds of decisions. *HUGS*

Good bye sweet boy. You'll be missed dearly.

:(

finn's mom
07-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Oh, my. My heart is breaking for you and Graham. I will pray for both of you. I'm sorry I didn't get to meet him. :(

MajesticCollies
07-28-2006, 04:10 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your news. We will be prayin for you here at Majestic Collies. I know the experience your going through. Its hard to do but you know when your beloved pet looks you in the eye and actually tells you its time. It was the hardest thing I ever done. God Bless your family during this time.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

GreyhoundGirl
07-28-2006, 04:11 PM
:( It is so hard to make those desisions. :( He lived a happy life, I'm sure that in a few days time, he'll have met up with my Pheobe at the RB.

((( Hugs )))

lute
07-28-2006, 04:13 PM
i'm so so sorry about this. :( (((((hugs))))))) he will be greatly missed. remember that we PTers are here for you when you need a shoulder to cry on.

Jadapit
07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Losing a beloved fur family member is one of the hardest things to go through. :( I know you have given Graham the best life he could not have gotten a better owner. You and your family are in my thoughts. (((Hugs)))

lizbud
07-28-2006, 04:16 PM
Leslie, I am so sorry that you are to lose sweet Graham :( I'm sure
that sweet fella would thank you if he could.He will no longer be tied
to that painful body.You heart must be breaking, I know mine is for you.

(((HUGS))) Liz & furkids.

Alysser
07-28-2006, 04:26 PM
I am so sorry. I can't really think of anything to say that will help you but I'm really sorry. RIP, sweet sweet boy! Godspeed, Graham. :( You gave him a good long life and he will be forever grateful.(((HUGS)))

Riptide
07-28-2006, 04:31 PM
I'm so sorry about this :( :( It's never an easy thing to make a decision like that -hugs-

Freckles
07-28-2006, 05:11 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this. Leslie, please remember the good times.

wolf_Q
07-28-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this Leslie, I know what a hard decision it is for you. Graham has lived a long and very happy life, he couldn't ask for a better "mom." Graham is very special to all of us at Pet Talk too and we will all miss him. :( {{{Hugs}}}

molucass
07-28-2006, 05:26 PM
((Hugs))

God speed Graham. Have a safe journey to the bridge, and look for Felony when you get there. I'm sure he can show you the ropes.

I'll be praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Oh, Leslie... I really don't know what to say, I'm in such shock. :( I'm so so sorry, and my heart goes out to you, your family, and Graham. He loves you sooo much, Leslie, and I know you love him to pieces. It really kills me to see the beautiful boy go, he's such a handsome boy, and a sweet heart. He's a fantastic dog, and he'll always be. I know this is incredible hard for you, and I understand. He could not have asked for a better mom than you, Leslie. You were so good to him, as he was to you.
God Bless you, and your family Leslie, and I love you and your beautiful furkids very much.
Love & prayers,
Sarah and the girls

zoomer
07-28-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm so sorry! I can almost feel your pain and misory. (((huggies to you))). Tell him goodbye for me, please :(

Fett
07-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Go with God, Graham. I hope you can meet my old dog Cookie while you are there.

elizabethann
07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts Graham's way as he makes his way to the Rainbow Bridge.

Graham had a wonderful life - a life many dogs dream of.

Please take care and hugs to you, Graham & your family.

sparks19
07-28-2006, 08:05 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Graham is going to a wonderful place now where he will be free from pain and suffering. He will be waiting for you. I know this must be a tough time for you but you are doing the right thing for that precious baby. I will light a candle for him. God speed Sweet Graham

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-28-2006, 08:39 PM
I'm so sorry, Leslie :(

zippy-kat
07-28-2006, 08:43 PM
Many, many thoughts of love are being sent to you and Graham.

Gram's been through so much and I certainly understand your loving decision to let him go with dignity, love, and peace.

You were blessed with a wonderful, wonderful companion and we were blessed because you shared him with us.

{{Giant hugs, Leslie.}}

Dorothy39
07-28-2006, 08:43 PM
I have kept in touch with your thread, Graham is not well,

I know too well how heart wrenching this moment in time is for you.

There are no words that I can type that will help, and I am sorry that I can't even hug you. Really HUG you!!!!

I too light a candle every Monday Nite. I feel your sorrow at this time!!!!

Please remember to come back to Pet Talk, because it is so healing .

Keep our Prayers for you --- in your heart till then.

My Sincere Condolences!!!!! :(

Cinder & Smoke
07-28-2006, 08:48 PM
http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Hi God ~

<sniff>

We're sure You know what's best ... an figger You've got a Special Job all picked
out for Graham when he gets there ...

But ... we're all gonna *MISS* him so bad! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

We can remember rompin an runnin wiff Graham at Findlay and Michigan ---
he liked *swimmin* as much as we do!
His bum leg, frum divin offa da porch, nebber seemed to bother him ...
You did a good job patchin him up, God!

He sure did like his TREATS, too!
Dad could alluz tell when it was Graham *snatchin* a cookie ...
Graham alluz got a GOOD GRIP onna cookie - an wun or two of Dad's FINNERZ, too!

Yupperz, we're gonna *MISS* dat boy! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Next tyme we get to Findlay, we'll stop by da Memorial Bench an say
"Howdie" up towards da Bridge.

God, we'd ask that You drive da Silver Klowd tomorrow - fur Graham's last ride
up to the Rainbow Bridge ... and maybe let Graham drive a bit.

Be wiff Momma Leslie and Graham ~ Give em a Big {{{God'sHug}}}
when Graham sez G-Bye.

<sniff>

Thanks, God.

/s/ A real http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred & the FurKids

DrKym
07-28-2006, 08:49 PM
Leslie, your Graham will be met by my own original Goofball, thank you for allowing him to be whole and happy. Our own pain is so minor to theirs as they shoulder it without complaint. How blessed he was to have you! A purple candle lit in his honor as befits the King was of your heart.

luvofallhorses
07-28-2006, 08:53 PM
oh god I am so sorry. :( (((HUGS))) It's never easy to lose a precious furbaby. :( you and Grahm will be in my thoughts.

Beyond The Rainbow

As much as I loved the life we had and all the times we played,
I was so very tired and knew my time on earth would fade.
I saw a wondrous image then of a place that's trouble-free
Where all of us can meet again to spend eternity.

I saw the most beautiful Rainbow, and on the other side
Were meadows rich and beautiful -- lush and green and wide!
And running through the meadows as far as the eye could see
Were animals of every sort as healthy as could be!
My own tired, failing body was fresh and healed and new
And I wanted to go run with them, but I had something left to do.

I needed to reach out to you, to tell you I'm alright
That this place is truly wonderful, then a bright Glow pierced the night.
'Twas the Glow of many Candles shining bright and strong and bold
And I knew then that it held your love in its brilliant shades of gold.

For although we may not be together in the way we used to be,
We are still connected by a cord no eye can see.
So whenever you need to find me, we're never far apart
If you look beyond the Rainbow and listen with your heart.

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2006, 08:57 PM
There are no words to comfort you but we all know the painful numbness you're going through right now. Nothing can be worse than this. It's almost an unbearable burden. Have a safe and swift journey to the bridge tomorrow sweet Graham. (((((HUGS))))) :(

gemini9961
07-28-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm so sorry Leslie. My thoughts are with you and Graham in this difficult time. (((hugs)))

Pam
07-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Leslie, though we have never met in person I feel that I have come to know you and Graham so well due to your wonderful posts about him over the years. Somehow we tend to think that things will always remain the same but of course we know differently. Our beloved pets grow old and become ill and leave us all too soon. Please know that I will be thinking of you both tomorrow. I have been down that road a few times myself. It is truly the most awful part of loving an animal. ((((hugs))))

moosmom
07-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Leslie,

You are doing the right thing. As heartbreaking as it may be. May I make a suggestion?? Bring Kersey with you when it's Graham's time. This way he will be there. It'll make it easier on him.

Love and hugs to you honey. You're in my prayers.

Donna

lute
07-28-2006, 10:18 PM
May I make a suggestion?? Bring Kersey with you when it's Graham's time. This way he will be there. It'll make it easier on him.

i've heard this too. it sounds mean to take your other dog to watch your other dog pass on, but it makes things easier in the long run.

Cincy'sMom
07-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Leslie, I know this has been a very hard decision for you and I am sorry to hear it has come to this. We hoped that Graham would pull through this, but sometimes God's plans our different then ours.

I'm glad I got the chance to know your sweet Graham-Craker and even got to share our home with him for a week. You and your family will be in our thoughts.

Sudilar
07-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Oh, Leslie, my heart goes out to you at this difficult time!! Just 9 months ago, I, too, was in your position. I know what you are going through. May Killian and Shiloh rush over to greet Graham and take him under wing. Tears are flowing freely now...
I will be thinking of you and Graham tomorrow morning as you send him gently on his way to Rainbow Bridge. You know that even though your heart is breaking in a million pieces, it is the love that will keep you strong. Hugs. Give Graham a gentle kiss on the top of his head for me, OK?

Roxyluvsme13
07-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I'm so sorry.. :( (((HUGS)))
I have several RB dogs who will show Graham around.. God speed, Graham.

Aspen and Misty
07-28-2006, 11:06 PM
Oh Leslie I don't even know what to say. I remember Graham in his "younger days". I have always loved the pictures of him you have posted and I just love the little man. I feel as if I'm loseing one of my own babies. You are doing the right thing ::hugs::.

Ashley

IRescue452
07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm so sorry. I know Graham understands and he's going to remember how loving his mom was to help him through his final days. Be brave and one happy day you'll meet your little boy again.

shais_mom
07-28-2006, 11:15 PM
Having met Graham and you I know how special he is to you - please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family.

shais_mom
07-28-2006, 11:17 PM
Leslie,

You are doing the right thing. As heartbreaking as it may be. May I make a suggestion?? Bring Kersey with you when it's Graham's time. This way he will be there. It'll make it easier on him.

Love and hugs to you honey. You're in my prayers.

Donna

That would be a good idea - she is so close to her brother that she might accept it easier.

Logan
07-29-2006, 12:24 AM
I am unable to sleep and I checked my email and Pam had sent me a mesage to let me know of your decision, Leslie. Thank you for being brave for Graham. I know your heart is breaking. :( My heart will go with you in the morning. And I know 3 special furry ones who haven't been gone too long, themselves, that will be there to greet your special boy.

Love you, Graham! You will always be a special Pet Talk boy to us. And we love you, too, Leslie.

Logan

Karen
07-29-2006, 12:45 AM
Love you, Leslie, give Graham a big, collective hug and kiss from all of Pet Talk. We'll be here when you need us, we know it's gonna feel like a chunk of your heart is gone, but really, that's the spot where Graham will be, curled in a corner of your heart, for the rest of your life. It just hurts like heck in the transition time.

ChrisH
07-29-2006, 03:31 AM
Leslie, I am so sorry. {{love & hugs}}

cloverfdx
07-29-2006, 03:51 AM
Leslie my heart is breaking for you and your family :(. You will all be in my thoughts {{HUGS}}.

:(

sparks19
07-29-2006, 09:36 AM
I hope we hear from her soon :( I know this is a tough time but who better to talk it out with then the people who share that kind of love and who have been there before.

Your pain will ease with time. You will never forget Graham, No one will. Someday he will send you someone in need. You will know this special treasure is from Graham and you will understand why his time has come to pass.

I'm so sorry you have to go through this :(

anna_66
07-29-2006, 11:46 AM
Leslie this just breaks my heart:(
There was so many things I wanted to say to you, but words escape me now.
Lots of love to you and your family.
Anna

Rachel
07-29-2006, 11:54 AM
stealing the hearts of the people he has met.

I can barely breath as I read this post and all the thoughtful replys. Graham takes with him a piece of my heart, and Hannah's and Tucker's too. I know he will watch for and greet many of us who have loved him as he waits by the bridge.

Leslie, I cannot add any more to what others have said. I think I understand the depth of you pain now and in the days to come. Please let your other fur children comfort you and help you not to let this parting become a deep dark hole of grief. Graham lived his life for you and now you must do him justice by staying strong and moving forward as he would want you to.

AdoreMyDogs
07-29-2006, 12:26 PM
I can't thank you all enough for your support during this most difficult time for my family and I. I love you guys :(

Albea
07-29-2006, 12:35 PM
Dear Leslie,
I'm so sorry to read that dear Graham is gone to the Bridge. I hope this poem will bring some comfort for your grief.
Hugs.
Alicia

FROM FRIEND TO FRIEND

You're giving me a special gift,
So sorrowfully endowed,
And through these last few cherished days,
Your courage makes me proud.
But really, love is knowing
When your best friend is in pain,
And understanding earthly acts
Will only be in vain.
So looking deep into your eyes,
Beyond, into your soul,
I see in you the magic, that will
Once more make me whole.
The strength that you possess,
Is why I look to you today,
To do this thing that must be done,
For it's the only way.
That strength is why I've followed you,
And chose you as my friend,
And why I've loved you all these years...
My partner 'til the end.
Please, understand just what this gift,
You're giving, means to me,
It gives me back the strength I've lost,
And all my dignity.
You take a stand on my behalf,
For that is what friends do.
And know that what you do is right,
For I believe it too.
So one last time, I breathe your scent,
And through your hand I feel,
The courage that's within you,
To now grant me this appeal.
Cut the leash that holds me here,
Dear friend, and let me run,
Once more a strong and steady dog,
My pain and struggle done.
And don't despair my passing,
For I won't be far away,
Forever here, within your heart,
And memory I'll stay.
I'll be there watching over you,
Your ever faithful friend,
And in your memories I'll run,
...a young dog once again.

(c) Karen Clouston

zoey
07-29-2006, 02:20 PM
My condolenses to you and yours from Daisy and me.
*gentle hugs* and prayers coming your way....

K9soul
07-29-2006, 02:20 PM
I am so very, very sorry to read this. You and your family have my deepest sympathies :(

*LabLoverKEB*
07-29-2006, 03:19 PM
Leslie, I am still thinking about you, and Graham cracker. You made the right decision.
Love you lots

labmomma
07-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I am so sorry for what you are going through and understand how you feel. I had to send my Mandy Girl to the Rainbow Bridge this past Monday and I am still hurting. Like your dog, she was hurting and her time on this sweet earth was over. Now she is pain free and doing her little happy dance she used to do whenever she got excited about anything. I pray your days will be filled with fond memories as are mine.
Labmomma