PDA

View Full Version : 3 oekaki's *drawings*

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 02:01 PM
Oekaki is an online drawing program, btw.

I'm trying out at a board. You need to be able to draw half decent to join the board, so you need to draw 2 tryouts before the members say if you can join or not. I think they'll let me join, but I'm not sure.

http://www.tainted-sky.net/oekaki/oekakielepha.jpg
My first one, but not a tryout. Kinda sucks. Never drew elephants. I wanted the bodies in there too...I may redo this in photoshop, cause I like the idea of it.
http://www.tainted-sky.net/oekaki/akioekaki.jpg
My first tryout. It kinda sucks lol...but I'm still getting used to oekaki.
http://www.tainted-sky.net/oekaki/simba_oekaki.jpg
And my second one. I think I'm getting the hang of it now....I kinda like this one.

Husky_mom
07-28-2006, 02:18 PM
really nice ones, i really got a bit confused with the oekaki name but thanx for clearing it was a program ;) i thought it was a caracter name :p

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Urg one of the admins say I'm not good enough. My backgrounds suck, and my anatomy isn't good. Ok, for the simba one, I used a ref for everything in the pic.She CANT say the anatomy is off unless she says whoever draws TLK can't draw. The lighting is also from the ref, so, I'm sure TLK animaters know their stuff. I asked another admin who said she thinks I should be in. So I'm so confused. Beside, the artist who said I'm not in, her anatomy isn't tha good herself. I'm really hurt...there are other people on there who aren't any better than I am...so why am I tossed out? I don't know why I don't fit in ANYWHERE I try. urg.

lv4dogs
07-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Well if I ever had a site like that youd be in thats for sure. I think those are all great. I'm sorry she thinks that way. hugs

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Aw, thanks...although, I'm confused. one admin told me to start drawing here, but the other says no...Who do I listen to?!

k9krazee
07-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Awww (((Hugs))) I think that they're amazing!!

BOBS DAD
07-28-2006, 03:20 PM
Urg one of the admins say I'm not good enough. My backgrounds suck, and my anatomy isn't good. Ok, for the simba one, I used a ref for everything in the pic.She CANT say the anatomy is off unless she says whoever draws TLK can't draw. The lighting is also from the ref, so, I'm sure TLK animaters know their stuff. I asked another admin who said she thinks I should be in. So I'm so confused. Beside, the artist who said I'm not in, her anatomy isn't tha good herself. I'm really hurt...there are other people on there who aren't any better than I am...so why am I tossed out? I don't know why I don't fit in ANYWHERE I try. urg.

YOU'RE GOOD. I HAVE SAID THAT BEFORE. Perhaps you need to continue to work with the program you're working with. You are NEW at it and I believe that - like anything - the more you use it, the more polished you'll become.

Keep trying if it is very important to you. Ask the admistrator who say's you are NOT good enough, where you can improve and what suggestions he/she might make.

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 03:26 PM
I did ask. She said my anatomy isn't good, my lineart isn't good, my backgrounds aren't good, and the lighting isn't right. So basically, everything is wrong in my pictures.

Here is a picture by her.

http://www.sroekaki.net/oekaki/pictures/1308.png

The back right leg? That is bad anatomy. It's too far forward. Her lines are sketchier than mine. I mean, she is an excellent artist, but she isn't perfect like how she talks. I don't think she is being fair. She is like 13 years old? She is trying to show authority. I get a "I'm better than you" complex from her. I don't like people like that, whether she is better or not.

BOBS DAD
07-28-2006, 03:35 PM
I did ask. She said my anatomy isn't good, my lineart isn't good, my backgrounds aren't good, and the lighting isn't right. So basically, everything is wrong in my pictures.

Here is a picture by her.

http://www.sroekaki.net/oekaki/pictures/1308.png

The back right leg? That is bad anatomy. It's too far forward. Her lines are sketchier than mine. I mean, she is an excellent artist, but she isn't perfect like how she talks. I don't think she is being fair. She is like 13 years old? She is trying to show authority. I get a "I'm better than you" complex from her. I don't like people like that, whether she is better or not.

...this all makes me kinda laugh... OK - not kinda, I DID LAUGH!!! LOL!

I have to agree with you. Her anatomy is suspect, but to be fair - this style of drawing (both yours and hers) is not all that true to life. Relatively speaking, I would say that comparatively, yours are better in that regard.

But her style is not without merit. She has a certain sketchy, whispy line style that she must prefer - of course, it looks to need more of a polished and refined method to it as well.

If you do not mind me asking.... how old are you? If she is really 13ish, then you are going to possibly be fighting a losing battle. You are dealing with an inflated ego and serious case of immaturity. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE ON A BOARD that is run by Adolescents???

CathyBogart
07-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Are you trying to draw for Yerf?

BOBS DAD
07-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Are you trying to draw for Yerf?

What the heck is "Yerf"???????????????

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 03:42 PM
...this all makes me kinda laugh... OK - not kinda, I DID LAUGH!!! LOL!

I have to agree with you. Her anatomy is suspect, but to be fair - this style of drawing (both yours and hers) is not all that true to life. Relatively speaking, I would say that comparatively, yours are better in that regard.

But her style is not without merit. She has a certain sketchy, whispy line style that she must prefer - of course, it looks to need more of a polished and refined method to it as well.

If you do not mind me asking.... how old are you? If she is really 13ish, then you are going to possibly be fighting a losing battle. You are dealing with an inflated ego and serious case of immaturity. DO YOU REALLY WANT TO BE ON A BOARD that is run by Adolescents???

You have a point.

I know I'm being immature here, by whining and complaining. I should simply walk away and say whocares. I'm being very stuborn. However, the reason I want to draw there is because they have the most recent version or oekaki, it is very active and there are lots of good artists there. I feel I could get good pointers for my own work. However, the children who act so superior to other people sort of annoys me. (again, perfect reason to walk away...stubborn!!) It's so chidish. If I knew of a different board with the same specs, I wouldn't waste my time there...Maybe I'm just jealous a 13 year old can draw so much better than me? ;)

I'm 21. :o

slleipnir
07-28-2006, 03:43 PM
What the heck is "Yerf"???????????????

I wouldn't mind knowing too :o

BOBS DAD
07-28-2006, 03:48 PM
...Maybe I'm just jealous a 13 year old can draw so much better than me? ;)

I would not say that she draws "better than you". Just differently. In fact, I would even say that there is a certain sort of childishness to her style. But again, I am sure that you could develop your style further and become more proficient with the software if you put your mind to it.

Dan

cyber-sibes
07-28-2006, 03:52 PM
sellipnir, you have a distinctive style all your own, just keep doing what you are doing - there are always plenty of "critics" to go around! There are lots of sites you can "study" from, don't let what one person says dampen your enthusiasm. just have fun and keep drawing!

Argranade
07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
slleipnir...

Your a very good artist and from what I see yours does looks better then that 13 year olds I mean the legs are way off and whats with the hair? :p

Ok it was perdy good for a 13 year old but I think your work looks more uhh..how can I put this......its like more clean? lol that girls looks kinda sloppy.

How do you paint that stuff anyway? With the mouse if so wow its perdy hard to paint with a mouse [Clicker!] good job.

dukedogsmom
07-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I really like those! The lion is my favorite. Good job!

flamepony12
07-28-2006, 11:54 PM
I think they look amazing! Way better than MY first oekaki.. or.. any oekakis I've done so far o_O The only thing I'd do to the lineart is to maybe vary the pressure a little.. but that's only my opinion XD They look great though!

wolf_Q
07-29-2006, 12:03 AM
I don't know what the people on that website are talking about, I think they look great!!

slleipnir
07-29-2006, 07:16 AM
I think they look amazing! Way better than MY first oekaki.. or.. any oekakis I've done so far o_O The only thing I'd do to the lineart is to maybe vary the pressure a little.. but that's only my opinion XD They look great though!

you're baaaack! *eats*

I'm still learning the lineart stuff lol. Someone said to use the beizer tool or whatever it's called, but I can't figure it out

CathyBogart
07-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Yerf is a furry gallery where you have to 'audition' with several pieces to get in, and they're not overly nice about it.

Almita
07-29-2006, 08:32 PM
aww those are great! I love the second one!

flamepony12
07-29-2006, 09:20 PM
-realizes something- Rixi's the one who says you aren't good enough? Rixi as in Trixity?! :eek:

Roxyluvsme13
07-29-2006, 10:07 PM
Audrey,
No matter what they say about your art it IS good. I could never even draw half that well, and you have your own unique style (which in my opinion is much better than the Admin's drawing). You SHOULD get into that board, but no matter what, we here at PT will always love your art :D.