PDA

View Full Version : Keegan a hero?

shais_mom
07-28-2006, 12:17 PM
I always knew my girl was wayyyyy protective of her home and my parents home but this shows just how much.
While I was in California my parents kept Keegan at their house. Monday nite Keegan starting whining around and woke my mom up and my mom took her outside. Mom was standing there on the deck when suddenly Keegan got real low to the ground and took off like a shot growling and barking. Mom said she looked like a red hot dog. :confused: Mom thought she was chasing a bunny or possum so she called her back and surprisingly she did come back.
Well the next morning my dad went outside and came back in and asked my mom why the shed doors were open and she said she didn't know why did YOU leave them open. Well, come to find out Keegan wasn't chasing an animal she was alerting that someone was in the shed - mom just didn't know it - looking back mom said she was glad so that way Keegan didn't get hurt. She said if she were meaner maybe she'd have bit them but I don't know what she would have done - shown them where more stuff was or really let them have it. But who knows what they would have done to her. :mad:
At first dad thought the only thing they got was his chain saw but after calling the sheriff deputy and looking around his gas can, weed eater, and chain saw were missing. It could have been a lot worse tho b/c MY car and my dad's truck were out there - they could have emptied the vehicles out and a lot of other stuff. Lawn mowers, air compressors, drills etc.

38 years of living there and they had never locked the shed doors overnite just when they went away that has changed now.

Alysser
07-28-2006, 12:27 PM
That must have been scary! Keegan is a hero, because she alerted your parents of the danger lurking. Was it possible the person would have came inside the house? Then she REALLY is a hero. What a good girl! :D

Roxyluvsme13
07-28-2006, 12:29 PM
Yay, Keegan!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-28-2006, 12:48 PM
Way to go, Keegan!!! :D

Staci, my parents were the same way with leaving the house unlocked. Fortunately - and unfortunately - the last few years my mom has become much more paranoid and has started locking the house when they're gone. We even used to leave the keys in the car all the time! One time I came home and took my keys into the house, my dad asked me why I didn't just leave them in the car. :confused:

It's sad that this is what the world is coming too, but fortunately a lesson was learned without too much being lost, and Keegan is ok....and a hero! :D

momoffuzzyfaces
07-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Keegan WE always knew you were special!!!

Way to go!!! I hope you got an extra treat!!! :D

Karen
07-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Yay! Keegan is a hero! Who says goldens cannot be protectors when need be? She absolutely positively gave that person a scare, and probably kept them from taking more stuff! Extra treats and a belly-rub for the Red Protector!

Cinder & Smoke
07-28-2006, 02:46 PM
I don't know what she would have done -
shown them where more stuff was ...
or really let them have it.

GOOD GIRL, KEEGAN!!!

Wonder how close da Big Red Hot Dawg came to having someone's rear end
for a midnight snack?

Don't think *I* would have tried to reach out & pet the Nice Dawggie. :eek:

I trust she received proper rewards for her efforts!

;)

cyber-sibes
07-28-2006, 03:55 PM
Three Cheers for our Keegan!!!!
Way to go, redgirl!

lizbud
07-28-2006, 04:34 PM
Way to go Keegan. :D I'm glad she didn't get hurt. About the stuff that
was taken, unfortunately times have changed. Think it might be something
your wierd neighbor would do?

shais_mom
07-28-2006, 04:57 PM
now Keegan will be known as the Big Red Hot Dog instead of the big red dog! :)

No Liz - this was at my parents house not my house. -- About a 25 miles from me - so I doubt it was anyone we know.
But if it were at my house - no it wouldn't surprise me with my neighbors!

lizbud
07-28-2006, 05:09 PM
now Keegan will be known as the Big Red Hot Dog instead of the big red dog! :)

No Liz - this was at my parents house not my house. -- About a 25 miles from me - so I doubt it was anyone we know.
But if it were at my house - no it wouldn't surprise me with my neighbors!

Sorry, I thought they lived close to you.

My neighbors next door keep thier mower, power tools, etc in a locked shed
inside a 6 ft fence. :eek: Seems extreme, but maybe not anymore. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-28-2006, 07:01 PM
W :eek: W! GOOD GIRL, KEEGAN! SHE'S A HERO! ;) ;)

zippy-kat
07-29-2006, 01:14 AM
Yayyy for Keegan! :D

Chica
07-29-2006, 10:06 AM
That's a great story. HOORAY for Keegan!!! :)
Our Pet Human's are wonderful!!!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/chica1/CHICA2/image005.gif

4 Dog Mother
07-29-2006, 04:50 PM
Keegan has always been my hero! But good job Keegan for chasing away the bad guys and protecting your family!

K9karen
07-29-2006, 05:21 PM
Good Job Keegan! You kept those bad guys from grabbing any more loot! I hope mommy and grandma and poppop gave you lots of treats for protecing everyone!!!

Cincy'sMom
07-29-2006, 07:19 PM
Yeah Keegan!! What a brave hero you are!!

moosmom
07-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Good girl Keegan!!!! You ARE a hero!!