PDA

View Full Version : Please help me try to figure out what my new puppy isa mix of.

ryley0618
07-28-2006, 07:06 AM
Hi - I just adopted a 5 month old puppy. I was told at the shelter he is a Lab/Chow mix. But I have a 5 year old Lab/Chow mix & he has the purple tongue. This new puppy does not. He has a very pink tongue. His body has flat wavy hair - but his head has what we call an afro and it has a curl to it. He also has a little white on his chest & toes. I am thinking Lab/Newfoundland mix. He has big feet & at 5 months weighs in at 40 pounds.

Any ideas???

Thank you,
Colleen

Mom to Ryan & Ashley.
Owned by Bear, Taco, Rex, Scooter, Garfield, Chloe & KiKi

buttercup132
07-28-2006, 07:24 AM
I dont really see any newfy,just because she has chow in her dosent mean shes going to have a blue tounge.

Thats what being a mix is about , they dont have all the traits of the breeds they are mixed with they just have a few.
I'd say she looks like a Golden Retriver mix Lab, Maybe Border collie.

Lori Jordan
07-28-2006, 02:02 PM
Here is my Newf(Molly)
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/JamieLori/Picture015.jpg
Maybe a bit of Border Collie/Lab it does have a big head on it too I don't know what a Newf pup looks like i got Molly when she was 7 months old.

cyber-sibes
07-28-2006, 03:39 PM
What a cute baby! 40 lbs??? She sure sounds like she has some giant breed in her! I think she does look like my neighbor's Newfie, and I can definitly see "chow" in her face. Whatever she is, she looks like an armful of love!