PDA

View Full Version : My aunt.

molucass
07-28-2006, 02:57 AM
My aunt really gets on my nerves some times.

Tonight my mom, my girlfriend, my aunt and I went out and Robin wanted to show my aunt a picture of Morgan that I had on my cell phone. Who wouldn't want to see some pics of a cute little pit bull pup?

Well, my aunt goes off on this big rant about how her mother had taken in stray pit bulls and that they were the meanest dogs in the world and that we needed to "get rid of Morgan" as soon as possible because she was either going to kill my niece, or kill our chihuahua, Deebo.
She said that the dogs her mom had all had to be put to sleep because they either attacked their other dogs, or bit someone and that they locked their jaws and had to be beat over the head with a shovel.

I told her that pit bulls are only mean if they are raised that way, and are not born mean. She said she didn't agree and that one day Morgan was going to turn on us and maul us to death.

No matter what I said, she didn't listen to me and kept arguing with me about how I needed to have Morgan put to sleep.

I just had to rant about this. I had a really good time tonight until she started basically yelling at me telling me to put my own dog down because she is "evil".

Whats funny is when she got here to pick up my mom, Morgan was laying in her bed, and our chihuahua was laying in the bed with her asleep with his head laying on her side. I guess she didnt realize she was a pit bull then. She said "Aww, how sweet."

Danegirl2208
07-28-2006, 04:58 AM
Put down MORGAN!!?? :eek: I think not!! Shes too precious, how could you possibly not love that face ;)
ive had similar issues with family and i dont even have a pit bull...ive honestly stopped talking one my cousins because of this topic...very LONG story..

or bit someone and that they locked their jaws

sorry that made me laugh (NOT the shovel part :() , that is about the oldest myth in the book, when will people learn? :rolleyes:

Chilli
07-28-2006, 07:02 AM
I really just can't stand being around people when they're talking about "those vicious pitbulls"! They think they're right just because they've heard it on tv, or they've witnessed an attacked. Well, I was almost attacked by a boxer when I was little, but I still LOVE the breed. And I love pitbulls despite their reputation.
Maybe if your aunt gets to know Morgan better, it might change her mind a bit? :D

Daisy and Delilah
07-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Sorry you had to go through this Cori. Thanks to the media(and other sources), lots of people are programmed from what they constantly hear on the news. They automatically assume that something is all bad. It's such a shame. In all reality, you could have another Chihuahua, or any other breed, that might turn on Deebo and bring harm to him. Anything is possible under certain circumstances, but not always probable. I hope your Aunt really gets to know Morgan and is eventually able to put her pre-conceived notions about Pitties aside.

buttercup132
07-28-2006, 07:27 AM
I guess Deebo didnt relize his best freind was a killer.:rolleyes:
Poor Morgan , dont worry we know your sweet:)

Jadapit
07-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Oh, do I ever know what thats like! When we first got Ebony I took her to my in laws she was a little pup at the time. The neighbors grandkids were petting her the grandma told them "dont pet that dog its a pit bull". :rolleyes: One of my aunts told me when she grows up I will be attacked. :mad: Yea right! Attacked by a lot of kisses how scary.

I have been told how mean Jada looks by so many people. :( When I'm out walking the fur kids people will cross to the other side of the street when they see us coming. One day we were walking by the high school, a group of kids were coming toward us, one guy yells "those are pit bulls" they all ran to the other side of the street. Then they yelled "cool dogs" I also get a lot of dirty looks from people when we are out and about. So yea, I do know how you feel. ;)

molucass
07-28-2006, 11:42 AM
I just think it's funny how she went from "Aww how cute", to "Oh my gawd! It's a pit bull, put your dog to sleep." :rolleyes:
Robin said that she said she would even pay to have her put to sleep, but I didn't hear her say that. It must have been when I walked away from her when I was tired of listening to her mouth. I probably would have gone off on her if I had heard it.

My aunt and I haven't ever really gotten along. I mean, I will be nice to her and she's nice to me most of the time, but this isn't the first time we have gotten into an argument over something petty.

Robin said my aunt called a little earlier this morning and wanted to speak to my mom, but before Robin gave the phone to my mom she said "Have ya'll decided whether or not you are going to put that evil thing to sleep?" :eek: Robin said "No, we are not and do not asked us again."

luvofallhorses
07-28-2006, 11:56 AM
I hate people! :mad:

show her this..:)

http://9news.com/acm_news.aspx?OSGNAME=KUSA&IKOBJECTID=a6f9cf11-0abe-421a-008c-38b2f9c09f9a&TEMPLATEID=0c76dce6-ac1f-02d8-0047-c589c01ca7bf