PDA

View Full Version : Looks as if Alexander flies to Az .We LOST.I think? Not as bad news as first thought!

DrKym
07-27-2006, 03:16 PM
The Order of Protection here in Illinois has been denied,jurisdiction deferred to Az. We have been summoned to Az on the 1st of August. Now we are waiting to hear from the lawyer if we will have to appear in person or if our lawyer can do it for us. The gist is that the Az judge wants to see Alex for himself. Which is infuriating as each time over the past year that we requested he be seen by the judge the mother refused due to the trauma it would cause him, now she is the one asking he appear in person! Needless to say we are very bummed and praying hard, final custody will be decided on Tuesday in Az.
Thanks for letting us vent, and for those that prayed thank for those that will pray THANK YOU, it is crunch time and truth be told we are scared silly that there is even this remote chance he can be returned to the horror that his mother is.

sparks19
07-27-2006, 03:18 PM
That is terrible.

I hope the judge sees this case for what it is and awards you custody. No child deserves to be treated that way.

i will be praying for you

Jadapit
07-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I'm so sorry! :( The justice system can sure fail people so much of the time. I will say lots of prayers for your family and Alexander. (((Hugs)))

Queen of Poop
07-27-2006, 03:33 PM
Prayers that the judge sees him, makes the right decision and you can get on with your lives and getting that wee boy healthy.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Prayers still continuing here for you all!!! :(

Logan
07-27-2006, 06:45 PM
I hope you can find a way to be there. I don't think I could stand for my attorney to represent me in such an important legal action as this, without me being there too.

Good luck.

Catty1
07-27-2006, 07:11 PM
That information you provided your lawyer - about her working and all - will that be presented there? Will it help? What is your lawyer saying about this?

Optimistic or cautious? (your lawyer)

hugs and prayers, Catty1

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 07:51 PM
First off, I am so sorry , again, that Alexander has had to endure such trama at the hands of his Mommy Dearest!!! :( That , in itself, was the hardest nut to crack.

With all that you and your husband , likewise, Alex have endured through this "stressful saga", i.e., finding out more than you feel you can emotionally digest, discovering additional wickedness on the part of his (ahem!) Mother?, realizing too that he has been mentally and physically wounded, yet, capable of recovery, if given a decent chance----

Just has to weigh in your favor, in his best interest!!!!

Now, this poor 6 year old has to be travel to Arizona, and meet more strangers, feel subjected to more madness , as PROOF that he has been indeed abused.

I'm curious as to what your lawyer advises in regard to the Mother's heinous impersonation of a Licensed Massage Therapist.

I am praying that justice will prevail . I am praying for all of you to survive this insult , swiftly and safely.

We at Pet Talk are praying for Alexander.

Catty1
07-27-2006, 08:17 PM
AMEN, Dorothy!

Catty1

DrKym
07-27-2006, 08:33 PM
My lawyer has been in front of this Judge before in a case of total weirdness similar to this ( in that case you may remember from the news the boy had cancer his mother wanted him healed by prayers and refused to see a Dr, the child was given to the Grandparents he is a healthy in remission 14 year old now) Sharon (Alexs birth vessel) has many of the same beliefs so that is a point in our favor, Gary (the lawyer) feels that Alex should NOT set foot back in Az period. He feels that along with her "massages" and her stuff.Along with her voicemails that I sent over the net to him shows a mental unbalance. Does this mean it is a given? No. However we cling to hope, I am shaking as I type this I can't eat sleep or work that is the truth. His Mother has called and left messages telling him that his father and I will go to jail and that I have him (Alex) under a spell to lose weight but that she is calling friends in to "exorcise his demons" and NO I did not allow him to hear these messages. Our lawyer has them on CD though along with another batch similar.

Jadapit
07-27-2006, 08:39 PM
:eek: Good lord, his mom sounds like a total nut case. I'm so sorry you are so stressed out I wish there was something I could do to make you feel better. I dont think a judge in his right mind will give that sweet boy back to someone like that. Sheesh, has she always been this way?

DrKym
07-27-2006, 08:43 PM
A bit off while they were married but he did all the childcare anyway, they weren't together that long and he had Alex until last June as she never wanted kids,she does however want that 1100.00 a month she gets while he lives there :rolleyes: you would think that would buy some food? As we pay her insurance for him and her and her carpayment it would seem like oh groceries could be nice? I am sorry venom is leaking out, it's a bit hard not to just rant. Thank you all for bearing with me.

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 08:58 PM
Dr.Goodnow,

I am "shaking" as I READ!!!! I whole heartedly agree that this child should NOT be subjected to actually appear in Arizona. I am astonished that the mere suggestion has been considered, what with all the credible evidence thus far presented to the judge.

With this "torture' weighing even more pressure onto your "already" strained belief in mercy granted by our court systems, I honestly believe their is a GOD, and that his villianous mother will be handed over to the Authorities.

Prayers for Alexander

DrKym
07-27-2006, 09:20 PM
*bump* :) more ppl see more prayers he gets (sorry I am greedy when it comes to my kids)

Karen
07-27-2006, 09:27 PM
Big prayers on their way for Tuesday to be a final custody decision awarded to you. Alex needs some love, peace and stability.

Soapets
07-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Lots and lots of prayers coming your way from Nebraska....... Keep us posted!

Deb

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 09:56 PM
The Power of Prayer on Pet Talk for Alexander is growing !!!

Kansas!!!!

Colorado

Michigan

Canada

Nebraska

Massachusetts,

South Carolina

Sparks19 sends prayers

Hold Alexander in your hearts Pet Talkers!!!!!

cyber-sibes
07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
Well, duh, what does this judge think he's going to "see"? You've been taking good care of Alex, so he's not going to see a child that "looks" to be in the middle of a horrid abusive situation. I don't see much point in subjecting Alex to traveling to AR - it would be very hard on him to be in his mother's presence, no? Seems like it should be the adults debating this. His so-called mom sounds like a looney, lets hope the judge will see that, too. Will keep Alex & you all in my prayers.

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Adding Ohio to that list!!!

Prayers for Alexander, from all Pet Talk members!!!

DrKym
07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Thank you ALL and yes I am greedy but thank you thank you!

Karen
07-27-2006, 10:20 PM
Add Rhode Island, as my 11-year-old niece is at horse camp there, and I asked her to pray, too, and ask the other campers to at prayer time.

Perhaps if you all can travel to AZ together, and do it as a family thing, Alex can see the justice system as a positive thing, and can impress the judge with his clear wishes. And afterwards you can all go out for ice cream. Hey, so I'm an optimist!

DrKym
07-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Thank you I am crying! thank you !

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Add Rhode Island, as my 11-year-old niece is at horse camp there, and I asked her to pray, too, and ask the other campers to at prayer time.

Perhaps if you all can travel to AZ together, and do it as a family thing, Alex can see the justice system as a positive thing, and can impress the judge with his clear wishes. And afterwards you can all go out for ice cream. Hey, so I'm an optimist!
You are a GEM!!!!!!!!!!

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 10:45 PM
Thank you I am crying! thank you !
I am again reminded of a touching quote from "The Wizard of Oz"

"I'm frightened , Auntie Em, I'm frightened"

so, please disregard my connection to that scene. But as a child, I felt her fear.

I feel yours!!!!! What a curse, or, is it a curse after all?

I so need to hear that song, Optimistic Voices!!!

Prayers from Michigan!!!

Catty1
07-28-2006, 08:25 AM
Will Alex have to speak in court? Can they just record him on videotape so he doesn't have to be in front of strangers?

I think the family and icecream thing is a GREAT idea!

hugs
Catty1

DrKym
07-28-2006, 10:22 AM
That is just it though Catty, he won't be allowed to speak. The judge just wants to SEE him (we are arguing a video can do the same). If it will be just him going ALONE (with the lawyer by alone I mean no parents) into chambers so the Judge can peruse hiw tiny frame etc. Fine, but the idea his mother has is to trot him down the aisle like some prize calf . That kind of bullshit will tear him up seeing Mother on one side after 6 weeks and Dad and Me on the other no kid at six needs that kind of emotional drama.
Our lawyer is arguing a video appearance will show his emaciation just as well, and his pediatrician has offered to do it from her office removing any issue from the thought that he can be made to "look" thinner (as if!)
I will update the thread as soon as Gary calls and we know anything, btw other than the messages that most were screened from him due to the venom in her messages, not even a postcard was sent to him, nothing but more legal papers so it isn't like she doesn't have the addy. No card,no letter, nothing.
I know that sounds petty but we send him a postcard every week and envelopes of pictures etc.

moosmom
07-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Kym and Jas,

I'm praying that this judge will have the common sense to do what is right for Alex. If nothing else, to see what kind of whackjob Sharon is and the facade she is putting on. You guys have been through SO much lately. This insanity has GOT to stop!!

You guys are in my prayers. Give Alex a hug and kiss from me.

((((HUGS)))) to you and Jas.

DrKym
07-28-2006, 07:57 PM
Ok now news yet Gary called earlier (they are 2 hours behind us) and said he was in chambers and will A) be speaking with the judge and B) working on this case all weekend. I wish I had more to update ( I wish I had more so I could sleep) but that is all we know at this moment.

Dorothy39
07-28-2006, 08:02 PM
Will he keep in touch with you over the weekend? I assume he will.

I'm feeling hopeful at least!!! Thank_You so much for the update!!!!!!!

Catty1
07-28-2006, 08:14 PM
OH good! That he is speaking with the judge - AND has the recorded info on that "job" - and and and -

HUGS and prayers!

Catty1

DrKym
07-28-2006, 08:16 PM
Your welcome, I really wish we had more to say. Gary will stay in touch as we still don't know if we are flying in to Az or not. I am really trying to be a good Mom and not let the stress show, but Alex asked today if he is going to the same school as his brother. I suck . I ran to the bathroom and bawled. Beat me later but all I could say was "it depends" how awful.

sparks19
07-28-2006, 08:17 PM
My husband is sending his prayers too. I can't pray enough that this works out in your favour. Someone needs to save that little boy. They are not making it easy for you to do that but I know it will all be worth it in the end.

DrKym
07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Please thank your husband and give a hug to yourself, It means so much to have this "cyber family" to lean on. My grown daughters are starting a prayer tree for their tiny brother as they call him, Karen has involved her neice and all the campers (purer prayers don't exist than those from a child) Dorothy has helped sustain me with timely emails, Donna bless her and her naked baby mooshoo has lent a willing and staunch ear, cyber has her furkids involved, I cannot even name all those that I am leaning on and that my son will thank in person on video. He knows we are praying for his health and saftey. He tipped the scales today at 38.9 pounds that is 2 pounds 3 ounces in a month in our care.

Dorothy39
07-28-2006, 08:28 PM
Your welcome, I really wish we had more to say. Gary will stay in touch as we still don't know if we are flying in to Az or not. I am really trying to be a good Mom and not let the stress show, but Alex asked today if he is going to the same school as his brother. I suck . I ran to the bathroom and bawled. Beat me later but all I could say was "it depends" how awful.
Oh, the old disapearing act eh!! I thought I was the only person who did that sort of thing.

You are being a good MOM , hopefully, Alex will return to school in Illinois.!!!!

Praying every minute of the day !!!!!!

cyber-sibes
07-28-2006, 08:44 PM
:D A hopeful update. Please hug Alex for us, and tell him that our beautiful Star is from Illinois, and if she was there, she would give him a great big kiss right on the nose! She loves kids, I really wish we were there so he could meet her. Still praying....

DrKym
07-28-2006, 08:52 PM
Thank you! and send Star a hug I am sure in her vast heart she knows a babe is hurt! I know this because my own 2 are glued to him the past week. I don't know how they know these things but they do and I stopped questioning it years ago. Maybe in their fur is the only place all the secrets can be told, and I believe they hear them and understand them.

Catty1
07-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Two pounds 3 ounces! WOW.

I hope Gary gets THAT documentation to show the judge this weekend.

How is Alex coming along that way? Hair starting to grow a bit?

I am so glad he has you and his dad, and his skin sibs and fur sibs!

For anyone to look between the two possibilities - it is BEYOND common sense that your home is HIS!

hugs!

Corinna
07-29-2006, 01:37 AM
Add Montana with 2 praying. I went through something simmilar with my brother .His wack job wife was meeting the ferroes and using her mini van for hooking.But becouse he was native american and she was a lily white girl for 7 years they fought in court. Finally the children found a lawyer who asked for it to be put in the native courts (judge was so glad to get rid of the case) She finally lost and he got full custody. Good Luck.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-29-2006, 12:30 PM
Prayers still on the way from Kansas!!!

I will bug God until he answers this by letting Alex stay with you all!!!
(believe me I can NAG too) ;)

Karen
07-29-2006, 12:36 PM
Will raise Alex in prayer in church tomorrow, and I'm singing, I'm the "special music" so will do "Precious Lord," for you, Alex, and his Dad and another friend who needs prayers at the moment. Do you know the song? If not, I can post lyrics, but I thought it was appropriate.

Ten a.m. service, EST time, in case your ears are burning right about then!

DrKym
07-29-2006, 12:41 PM
Thank You!
Gary called and Jasper and Alex will be flying out Monday for an appearance on Tuesday 1:30 AZ time.So we will pray and hope. I cannot make the trip as the tickets are outrageous on short notice so those 2 will fly and Adrian and I will wait and pray. No I don't know the song but I trust you Karen.

Karen
07-29-2006, 01:18 PM
No I don't know the song but I trust you Karen.

Here's the song, a gospel classic, written by Thomas Dorsey
(not Tommy Dorsey the band-leader, different guy):

Precious Lord, take my hand.
Lead me on, let me stand.
I am tired, I am weak, and worn.
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light.
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.

When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, lead me near,
When my life is almost gone.
Hear my cry, hear my call.
Hold my hand, lest I fall.
Lead me home.

When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand.
Guide my feet, hold my hand,
Lead me home.

Catty1
07-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Did Gary give you ANY indication whether to be hopeful?

I know he can't lead you on.

Maybe tell dear Alex that when you see him again, you're going out for ice cream!

That way, you don't have to say "see you soon". I think you WILL - but you know how stupid the legal system can be!

Sounds like Gary is a good guy...

HUGS! and prayers

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Oh Dr.Goodnow ----We will pray at 10:00a.m. E.S.T. while Karen is singing. "Precious Lord"

You have touched our heart and souls with your struggle .I know that all of you are in GOOD HANDS.

Tender prayers will be upon wings--- for Alex.

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 01:32 PM
Did Gary give you ANY indication whether to be hopeful?

I know he can't lead you on.

Maybe tell dear Alex that when you see him again, you're going out for ice cream!

That way, you don't have to say "see you soon". I think you WILL - but you know how stupid the legal system can be!

Sounds like Gary is a good guy...

HUGS! and prayers

That is fitting for this occasion, and rightly put Catty1!!! Yes, Let's plan on ice cream afterwards!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catty1
07-29-2006, 01:33 PM
But...sorry....has Gary said ANYTHING? or not? :(

cyber-sibes
07-29-2006, 01:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v432/cyber-sibes/feb98.gif
We will be praying for Alex.
(((hugs))) to you, stay strong.

DrKym
07-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Gary is very hopeful, he spoke with the judge yesterday and the way it was put to us was simply " I refuse to allow this child to go back to a granola crunching nutjob " to quote Gary so he has amended the Joint papers to read Sole only and the Judge advised him that for him to rule in good conscious he will need to see the boy for himself (as the mother is now trying to block his appearance even though SHE requested it) Alex will get an official weigh in on Monday morning and take that paperwork from the Pediatricians office documenting his weight gain in a month here vs his gain in a year there. My mother in law is flying out for the court date so that Alex has someone to sit with as Gary refuses to allow him in the courtroom proper.

Catty1
07-29-2006, 01:50 PM
OH GOOD - Grandma will be with him!

Sounds like the judge just has to abide by formalities...the rules...

Hugs and prayers. Am SO glad Gary will not have him in the courtroom.

Does Alex have to say anything? Will they videotape it?

HUGS

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 01:58 PM
I am just reading the posts. --waiting for replies. :rolleyes:

DrKym
07-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Candace both good questions, truth is we don't know if he will be questioned per se I am sure the Judge will ask a few questions in reference to how he likes it here, how he likes his brother etc. as to the videotaping I have no Idea but thanks for the Question I will ask Gary when I speak with him tomorrow. We are trying to figure out how to tell Alex that he is flying back, without telling him everything, we need to prepare him for the Judge but I don't want him scared either (no matter how awful she is I am sure he still loves his Mum) so we cannot say oh it is so you never get to see her again(which it will be as the next step in this my adoption of him severing her parental rights as she refuses to get help or acknowledge she has a problem)

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 02:11 PM
OK, Say Dorothy39

Catty1
07-29-2006, 02:13 PM
Gary might have the best advice on what to tell Alex, or how.

as she refuses to get help or acknowledge she has a problem)

Just off the top of my head...which isn't always good! :D - something along these lines might work: "Your mommy loves you very much, but right now she is very sick. When she gets better, then that's a good time to visit. The judge knows the doctors who will make her better - so let's hope she goes to see her doctors, okay?"

Clumsy, but maybe you get the idea?

And if he DOES get to write her, he can say 'when are you going to the doctors so I can see you?' (okay, evil of me! :) )

hugs

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Gary might have the best advice on what to tell Alex, or how.

Just off the top of my head...which isn't always good! :D - something along these lines might work: "Your mommy loves you very much, but right now she is very sick. When she gets better, then that's a good time to visit. The judge knows the doctors who will make her better - so let's hope she goes to see her doctors, okay?"

Clumsy, but maybe you get the idea?

hugs
Yep!!

DrKym
07-29-2006, 02:34 PM
No I get the idea and that part is pretty well covered. The part we are having trouble with is telling him he has to fly back, he is terrified of leaving here and he told that to DCFS and his Dr. . All he kept saying was "if I am a good boy and get my shots and I get to stay with Daddy and Mere again right?" So breaking the flying thing is touchy, since there are no guarantees just hope and prayer that it is so he will get to stay again forever and ever as he says, we cannot tell him that is the way it will go (can you imagine what that would do to him if Hell took over and we lose?) I know it is rambling but I am trying to make sense honest.

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 02:43 PM
I see .

he is 6 years old, I do understand his thinking.

I gather that the Judge will have a one on one with Alex, at least, I feel that is how this observation will pan out( typing too fast)

How then, to help him to understand . I will ponder this for a moment.

Jadapit
07-29-2006, 02:47 PM
All he kept saying was "if I am a good boy and get my shots and I get to stay with Daddy and Mere again right?"

Omg, that is heartbreaking. :( I feel like crying. What adults do to their own children is so sad. In a perfect world his mom would be the bigger person and leave her son where he is happy. Gosh, I really cant imagine how tough this is on you all.

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 02:49 PM
I think the major obstacle here is "explaining " to Alex that he will be leaving with his Father and will be talking to a nice judge. (keep back spacing) :eek: (his fear of flying) :eek: :(

These custody situations are testy, to say the least. But, I strongly feel that there is an absolute guarentee here. However, you do have a point in that handling "his" awareness of what is taking place, is, quite difficult.

DrKym
07-29-2006, 02:53 PM
The absolute kicker to this Jadapit was before we moved she wanted us to take him as long as we would still send the child support (1100.00) I told her to meet me at the courthouse and we would get papers drawn up. She refused to put it on paper because that would have made it so she couldn't keep control over her ex. See it isn't about Alex for her it is about the money. Az is not an alimony state,her only way of getting cash is by child support. The fact that she has stated in court she never wanted kids she had Alex to "shut Jasper up about kids" didn't strike up alarm bells to the Judge I will never understand.

Catty1
07-29-2006, 03:07 PM
Wow...yes how to word it. Wow. I am trying to think back to being six.

hmm....Daddy and Grandma are flying back for a couple of days to tell the judge that you are staying with Daddy and Mere. Can you help them?

Well, there is a really nice man there. He is a judge. And Daddy can tell him things, and so can Grandma - but the most important person to talk to the nice judge is YOU. That way you can tell him yourself what you want, cause you are the most important person here.

Am trying to think of a way to convey to Alex that he is IMPORTANT and HELPFUL here...to empower him a bit so he doesn't feel like a victim. Which poor lad can't help it.

Again, clumsy wording - but I would hope that might trigger a few ideas?

HUGS

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Wow...yes how to word it. Wow. I am trying to think back to being six.

hmm....Daddy and Grandma are flying back for a couple of days to tell the judge that you are staying with Daddy and Mere. Can you help them?

Well, there is a really nice man there. He is a judge. And Daddy can tell him things, and so can Grandma - but the most important person to talk to the nice judge is YOU. That way you can tell him yourself what you want, cause you are the most important person here.

Am trying to think of a way to convey to Alex that he is IMPORTANT and HELPFUL here...to empower him a bit so he doesn't feel like a victim. Which poor lad can't help it.

Again, clumsy wording - but I would hope that might trigger a few ideas?

HUGS

I am so wired with coffee right now!!!! :eek: Why is it, when I get nervous, I reach for the nervous stuff!!!!

anyway , I think the second line is "paragraph" is on an excellent thought wave here. He is "important" , good note!!!!

DrKym
07-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Agreed and we will think on how to say it with the least stress. I do not plan on telling him until Sunday night.

Catty1
07-29-2006, 04:15 PM
Okay, did errands and thought some more...

I think your idea of no stress is good - rather than blow it up with 'it's all about Alex' - I mean, we know it is, but not to put all the burden on him.

So quietly, as you indicated. Some ideas in point form:

1. Daddy and Grandma are flying etc etc
2. They want you to come with them IN CASE they need your help(or something like that). Because you are the most important person, you will be a big help.
3. And when you come back (one, two sleeps), we'll go for ice cream (or whatever is his favourite treat)!

The whole gist of it being: This trip is a good thing. (thank you, Martha)

Dr G (can't recall your first name), you and Alex's dad can get all this info - but YOU have the advantage of knowing him and how to talk to him. It'll be okay! Like I told my sister - "Whatever happens, it will be ok."

hugs and prayers

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 04:39 PM
Okay, did errands and thought some more...

I think your idea of no stress is good - rather than blow it up with 'it's all about Alex' - I mean, we know it is, but not to put all the burden on him.

So quietly, as you indicated. Some ideas in point form:

1. Daddy and Grandma are flying etc etc
2. They want you to come with them IN CASE they need your help(or something like that). Because you are the most important person, you will be a big help.
3. And when you come back (one, two sleeps), we'll go for ice cream (or whatever is his favourite treat)!

The whole gist of it being: This trip is a good thing. (thank you, Martha)

Dr G (can't recall your first name), you and Alex's dad can get all this info - but YOU have the advantage of knowing him and how to talk to him. It'll be okay! Like I told my sister - "Whatever happens, it will be ok."

hugs and prayers

Well said, You are providing a splendid communcation method here.

DrKym
07-29-2006, 10:10 PM
Well we will be using the Grandma card as he hadn't seen her in almost 18 months (mom wouldn't allow even phone contact) and since he has seen her nearly everyweekend here and can talk to her as often as I do( about every other day I adore my mum in law !) I think that will overshadow most worry not that he wont be worried (he has plenty on his head ) but because Gramma is a fun safe person. If you guys think I am off base here let me know before Sunday night so I can rethink strategy!

DrKym
07-29-2006, 11:03 PM
BTW Gary will call at noon on sunday I will post any updates.

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 11:18 PM
Your mother in law sounds like a real stress reliever. You and your family have all the right ingredients in place ,I'm confident that you and your husband can and will approach the subject the best way you can.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers just the same.

DrKym
07-29-2006, 11:25 PM
Kathy Thank you, once again I am a maneless lion.

Dorothy39
07-29-2006, 11:47 PM
Dear Dr.Goodnow,

For the past two days I have had the song , "If I were the king , of the Foreeeeeeeeeeest!!!! as sung by Bert Lahr, on my mind!!!!!

Don't worry about the mane, his suit weighed more than 80 pounds, he sweat like a butcher and had to eat , through a straw, during filming!!!!!

Besides, it's just to danged hot for a mane as it is!!! :D

What makes a King out of a Slave, COURAGE!!!

What causes the flag on the mast to wave, COURAGE!!!!....don't get me started :D :D :D RuffffffffH, RuffffffffH!!!!!

Catty1
07-30-2006, 03:08 AM
Hey, if Grandma is the big safety card, go for it!

Looking forward to updates!

It's too much like a Disney movie plot to hope...but if his mom sees him and how much BETTER he is, wouldn't it be nice if she just gave up?

Oh well.

Prayers and hugs, always!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 08:33 AM
It would be wonderful. However as I said for her this isn't about Alex it is about money.

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:15 AM
I have prayed this morning,mostly for all of you to have a raft to cling to during this storm. I also included a prayer that his Mother will be safely removed from his future, and that she will be willing to find peace on a new and different road. (one that is far off Alex's beaten path)

do you think she can afford to be there on Tues.? ( I think that is the court date)

DrKym
07-30-2006, 09:30 AM
Kathy she lives in AZ so yes she will be there.

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:43 AM
Yes, I knew she did, I was just curious if she had the nerve to actually show up :eek: I used the wrong word, *afford* in this case. I was thinking on the lines that she might have dug to China , realizing that her gig was up!!! Money or no.

DrKym
07-30-2006, 09:50 AM
I doubt it according to her email she will be calling the FBI to report Alex kidnapped as his return date was today. (she can't make it stick ) The police to have us arrested for abuse by denying him his flight home today. The authorities to forcibly take him and fly him back. It goes on and on. I forwarded the email to Gary and I am waiting on him to call. Karen should be singing right about now so we lit a candle to help her prayers and ours fly heavenward.

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:56 AM
:eek: I forgot the time difference!!! :eek: I thought Michigan was in the same time zone!!!

Oh well, I can re-light and re-pray ;) (goes for portable time lapse machine and hits replay button at 10:00 EST.)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-30-2006, 12:15 PM
I said an extra special prayer for Alex and all of you at the time Karen's song was to be sung!

I can't imagine this having anything but a happy ending for all of you!!
(Ok, I refuse to believe it won't have a happy ending)
Can Grandma go out for ice cream with you all? ;)

(((HUGS))) to all of you!!!

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 12:52 PM
The more the merrier!!! I plan on buying Schwan's Ice Cream, one of their special flavors is "Summer Dream"!!!! It's a smooth vanilla with orange sherbet swirled together!!!! ;)

I"ll bring that, along with some crushed peanuts and I'll get out those fancy ice cream sundae servers that I packed away!!!!!!

I have to stay optimistic for my sanity. :eek:

Corinna
07-30-2006, 02:52 PM
If she is about the money perhaps you can make a deal for a certain amount paid out over time. I know it sounds like your buying the kid but weighting the out come wouldn't it be better? I'm still praying for the wisdom of the judge to make the best decsion.

Catty1
07-30-2006, 04:37 PM
Corinna - if I understand what has happened so far - and Dr G can correct me - is that Alex's mom was never awarded alimony, just child support.

And, given Alex's very poor health, losing hair and waaay underweight, it seemed clear that she was spending it on herself. That is why she is fighting for custody - so Alex can 'support' her.

Frankly, I think she has cost the Illinois family enough in air fare, lawyers and just plain pain. She owes THEM and her son - big time.

Like you, I hope the judge makes the wise decision and removes this leech from her son's life!

Someone like that...even if they were offered money...I have a feeling it would never be enough....

hugs

DrKym
07-30-2006, 05:00 PM
Ok Gary has called and he is way upbeat but won't give details. Sharon has had the police in Az call here, which we referred them to our lawyer and the officer was way pissed at her! Alex knows he is going to Az right now it is under the pretense of seeing Gramma and my grandson (his bestest bud) Gabriel. My mother in law said she will break it about court on Tues morn to him and my daughter is letting Gabe stay at the motel monday so that he has a bud on Tuesday. If anyone can shoot holes in this PLEASE DO ! so far we think it is a workable plan.
to Corrina:
She offered to "sell" him read up the thread a bit but wouldn't put custody of him on Paper.
To Catty my dear friend:
You are 100 % correct in the understanding of how this started, and I agree no amount of money will make her go away.

DrKym
07-30-2006, 06:22 PM
*bump* :d

Corinna
07-30-2006, 06:28 PM
Sorry missed the earlier part.

DrKym
07-30-2006, 06:30 PM
No Problem LOL the woman is a nut hun.

Catty1
07-30-2006, 07:51 PM
Um - brain bit addled here - your daughter lives in AZ also? And Alex is staying at the motel so he will have a buddy, his good friend Gabriel...so your daughter is visiting Grandma and Alex at the motel where they will be staying? Along with Alex's dad?

Sorry, lost something in the translation....lol

I addled my brain by over-napping on the couch because of a big sucky tabby Mommy's boy who curled up and PURRED. Naughty Oscar! :rolleyes: :D

DrKym
07-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Yes Jesse (my oldest daughter 21) and Tiffany (20) both still live there with hubbies and kids! So Jess offered to bring Gabe over to the Motel so Alex has a bud and is Distracted (Gabriel is 4 he and alex have been buds since he was 18 months)

Catty1
07-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Cool! Sounds like all is falling into place!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 08:25 PM
From your lips to the ENTIRE UNIVERSES ears! please please please please!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 08:53 PM
ROFLMAO Sharon just left a message! ok I am trying not to be a tad giggly. quote "Ok so the cops won't help I will talk to the Judge tomorrow and he will fly out and get him! everyday you have him cuts into his child support! I won't tolerate you cheating him out of money!" unquote We of course sent this recording to our lawyer but I needed the laugh. Sorry

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Definately a very unstable person here!!!!! Whew!!!!!!!!!! Time for that rubber room!!

I don't want to giggle too much myself, because this fruitcake needs HELP!!!! Her message cast a bright light on the subject--- as to her competence level. She is a scavenger, a black widow spider? A blood sucker? She's missing a few screws for sure. I am so sorry that you and your family have to deal with her vicious mental state.

DrKym
07-30-2006, 09:34 PM
Us too Kathy but I really needed the tension relief! Can you IMAGINE! even if it isn't allowed in court the fact is ALOT of ppl will hear it!
What a granola bar! (btw i like quaker granola bars!) but you know how I meant that!

Catty1
07-30-2006, 09:41 PM
Ya mean - what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes? :D

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:48 PM
Ya mean - what ain't fruits and nuts is flakes? :D
Catty1, you just gave me a case of the giggles!!!!!! glad this chair has wheels!!!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 09:54 PM
ROFLMAO thanks Candace OMGOSH giggling I am having LES!

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 09:58 PM
I don't dare reply to any other posts right now!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rare again!!!!!!!

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 10:02 PM
and the Beatle's sang,

"
Sitting on a corn flake, waiting for the band to come""

I am the Egg man,

They are the egg men,

I am the Walrus,

Mr. City, Policemen sitting, Pretty Little Policemen in a rowwwwww!!!

Oh, thanks for that comic relief!!!!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 10:04 PM
OMGODDESS Kathy thats it now I am going to pee my pants! None of this is good for court but OH THANK YOU BOTH!
btw Candace called and checked no issues on customs so tomorrow first thing I will send it!

Dorothy39
07-30-2006, 10:06 PM
and the Beatle's sang,

"

I am the Egg man,

They are the egg men,

I am the Walrus,

Mr. City, Policemen city, Pretty Little Policemen in a rowwwwww!!!(Man, You've been a naughty girl you let your knickers down) :D :D :D :D

Oh, thanks for that comic relief!!!!

DrKym
07-30-2006, 10:07 PM
and a really stupid Question Candace, no laughing. How can we tell if the new cat Moonlight is deaf? she is all white and seems to respond but only if the other animals are responding, I cannot get close enough yet to hold her or to Isolate her. I am wondering if that may be a part of her standoffishness???

Catty1
07-30-2006, 10:48 PM
There are a few good ideas I have heard here...do her ears turn like other cats' do, even if she doesn't look that direction?

Also, if you can get her alone, and behind her, shake a can of pennies or rocks...see if she reacts. Or clap your hands. Actually, do that with a few of the cats there, as you cannot isolate her. They will react - and she---?

Or shake a granola bar at her and see if she RUNS LIKE HELL!

Disclaimer: That last suggestion has not been verified by independent medical research.

DrKym
07-30-2006, 11:00 PM
her ears are always straight ahead, it is rather disconcerting truthfully. Granola bars are verbotten in my house as look too much like Alexs mum. The way weird thing is she doesn't always look where they look if that makes sense, if they scramble (the dogs are barking etc. ) she follows but at a delayed reaction time.

Catty1
07-30-2006, 11:03 PM
Granola bars are verbotten in my house as look too much like Alexs mum.

My point exactly!

Moonlight could have a wax buildup in her ears, or mites. Has she been to the vet yet?

DrKym
07-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Nope with everything going on her vet appt isn't until the august 18th with Dr Pope. spay and total workup her vaccines according to the HS are good until Dec.

lbaker
07-31-2006, 06:31 AM
I had no idea about any of this Doc :( it's not too late for me to light my prayer candle and just did so. You are a very brave and kind person and kindness and truth WILL win out. It simply has to.

ramanth
07-31-2006, 08:28 AM
More prayers from Michigan. :)

moosmom
07-31-2006, 08:41 AM
Kym,

However as I said for her this isn't about Alex it is about money

Like I said on the phone the other night, CHILD support is just that, for the support of the CHILD. When you guys get Alex for good (I told you I have a great feeling about this) her "cash cow" will be dried up, as Alex, the CHILD will be with you, so there's no CHILD for the money to support. Get what I'm saying?

I've been thinking about you ever since we spoke. I'll call you tonight.

((((((((HUGS))))))))

Donna

moosmom
07-31-2006, 08:51 AM
"

I am the Egg man,

They are the egg men,

I am the Walrus

Hey Dorothy, you forgot the best part...

COOCOOCACHU. :p

Kym,

Is the whackjob's maiden name "Broderick"??? as in Betty?? I see a straight jacket and rubber room in her future! Glad you handed over THAT message to your lawyer.

Don't forget, "Anyone who represents themselves in court, has a fool for a client." I wish I could be a fly on the wall to see her make a complete fool out of herself. Hopefully the whole thing will send her running with her tail between her legs.

gini
07-31-2006, 10:06 AM
I have been following this, but haven't posted.

You have many prayers from me that this will have the happiest outcome possible.

DrKym
07-31-2006, 10:31 AM
OK they are at the airport. plane leaves in about an hour. I am now officially a wreck.

Dorothy39
07-31-2006, 10:44 AM
I could cut the tension in this room with a knife right now as well.

Have so many questions , but I'll just keep returning back to this thread for up dates.

You are now a passenger in the PT Cruiser!!!

I will keep you and your family on my mind and in my prayers Dr., for a safe flight and a swift return HOME!!!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2006, 12:26 PM
Hopefully the whole thing will send her running with her tail between her legs.
Yea and we won't be calling the Dog Whisper to help her out!!! :p
Don't think he could anyway!!!

Prayers still on the way here. I'm with Donna! I have good vibes about this. I just can't (and won't) imagine it any other way than you get him forever or until he turns 18!!! ;)

DrKym
07-31-2006, 01:00 PM
Thank you all I guess the next 24 hours are going to be my hardest, I will not know a thing until 4 pm tomorrow Illinois time.Because Az is 2 hours behind us it stretches it for us. Adrian was trying to be a real trooper when they left this morning but, all he has done is cry and complain of a tummy ache. I know the feeling.

Karen
07-31-2006, 01:07 PM
Hmm, which of the cats can we convince to be extra-nawty to distract you? Hmmm ...

Dorothy39
07-31-2006, 01:25 PM
Deep Breaths, Dr.Goodnow.

This is a strong thread to hang onto . I wish it wasn't so hot outside, as you and Adrian could perhaps go for a nice nature walk .

I am presently receiving positive feedback from our Maker!!! While I type across the miles, I feel a splendid calm, so akin to how we feel when we are relieved that everything is alright!!!! I was so tense , before praying and then letting go of my worries.

I intend on calling you when the storm has passed . For now, I will rely on Pet Talk, a web site that I found by accident, (or was it an accident?) I think not!!!!!

God Works in Mysterious Ways, When one door closes, another door opens.

Better submit, before I start a Sermon :eek: ;)

May God Bless You, and Comfort you .

mruffruff
07-31-2006, 01:54 PM
I too have been watching this thread without commenting.

I'll be praying for you from South Carolina. It sounds like the judge has his head on straight. Her antics aren't helping her case.

(I like that term, granola bar! And the description is hilarious :D )

DrKym
07-31-2006, 01:55 PM
Unbelievable! The city cops were just here! Ok so big deal that we can also rack up false reports against her but they just grilled my son and my Ex who is visiting with him, Even after being told that Adrian was NOT Alex. Finally Mike Produced ID etc and the cops were saying how sorry but the Mom reported that he was being kept against his will etc, etc, and being brainwashed and OMGOSH I am shaking I am so pissed!

Dorothy39
07-31-2006, 03:12 PM
She most certainly is feeling cornered and about to be exposed in my opinion. Gosh, I'm tense again!!!!

I am so sorry Dr. Goodnow!!!! How is Adrian coping with this horrid interuption?

momoffuzzyfaces
07-31-2006, 04:17 PM
Be sure to inform your lawyer of this ASAP!

Another example of how whacko she is for the judge to know about! :mad:

She's lucky it's not me or she would be facing harrassment charges and anything else I could think of!
What a leach she is!!!

On second thought, the sooner you all can get that whack job out of your lives the better.

cyber-sibes
07-31-2006, 04:26 PM
Unbelievable! The city cops were just here! ...but the Mom reported that he was being kept against his will etc, etc, and being brainwashed and OMGOSH I am shaking I am so pissed! :eek: OMG! Deja Vu!!!! The cops showed up on MY doorstep in IL at 10 pm one night, stating that my ex had driven over from Ohio & was claiming that his(our) son was being held against his will!!!!! Is it just possible that Alex's mom knows my ex? :mad: Surely there can't be that many whack-os out there ? Oh, listen to me, of course there are!
Just keep praying, it'll be alright. I really think you will get custody. :) Then don't let Alex go out of state, ever, to visit.

Catty1
07-31-2006, 10:19 PM
OMggggggg.......

As if your nerves aren't worn enough!

You DID call Gary and report this, right? Or did you ask the cops to contact him?

This time tomorrow it'll be all over - the brunt of it anyway!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Catty1

Soapets
07-31-2006, 11:01 PM
Prayers still coming your way from Nebraska........................

Deb

DrKym
07-31-2006, 11:31 PM
Just talked to Alex (it is a tad after 9 there) he seems in good spirits and Gramma let him Order in and get room service so he really feels like a big shot. Gary called around 7 our time in Il and has held off serving her with the evidence package (on the grounds that she will not verify address to his office , yes even though it is plastered all over the net I guess she has to state it.) which will work in our favor as she has no Idea what is being used against her till tomorrow in the courtroom when he gives it to her in person. There are 2 recorded calls from his secretary in which she states that he is impersonating a lawyer! along with her emails guaranteeing me jail time for being abusive by making Alex go to bed at 8:30 pm. (I suck asa mom rofl ) Jasper is holding up Ok he says but he is still worried sick(as we all are) the good news is it is down to only about 18 hours. Thank you all again so much!

Karen
07-31-2006, 11:34 PM
Sounds good - ooooh, room service, boy! :)

Tell them to bring crayons and paper to court tomorrow - the worst part is waiting around for something to happen. And people of all ages can be occupied with crayons and paper!

DrKym
07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Yep I am easily amused by crayons! The red ones taste so yummy! Oh you meant for Alex! (sorry need to laugh or I will cry ) lame jokes tonight all.

cyber-sibes
08-01-2006, 08:05 AM
Been telling my husband about your situation, we prayed together for Alex this morning. many, many people are also praying for Alex. Hang in there! This will probably be one of the "most closely watched" threads today!

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 10:19 AM
I've been praying extra hard since getting up this morning. I remember that you told us that you will learn more from your Lawyer at 4:00 (Az time)

I live in Michigan, EDT, it is now 11:16. Az is 2 hours ahead of us. That would put the ultimate reply from Dr. Goodnow at 6:00 pm edt. or, there abouts.

I bought some ice cream and some cones, (forfeiting booze!!!!! :D )

Prayers and postive vibrations from Michigan for Dr. Goodnows' and Alexander!!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Prayers have been flying from me today too!

I just can't believe any sane judge would give him to that whack doodle!!!

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 12:44 PM
Prayers have been flying from me today too!

I just can't believe any sane judge would give him to that whack doodle!!! Well said,
1:41 EDT in Michigan.

Ice cream in the freezer!!! bought some "Joy" (brand name) ice cream cones for the celebration!!!

Heavy prayers from Dorothy39!!! (hanging onto this thread)

Catty1
08-01-2006, 01:38 PM
I am at work and shouldn't be on here - but HEAVY PRAYERS here too!

Praying that common sense and justice are one and the same.

It helps that the 'mom' dug her own hole and shot herself in the foot!

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 01:39 PM
You really got a hold on me, Dr.Goodnow.

Prayers upon prayers, upon prayers..........................................

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 01:44 PM
I am at work and shouldn't be on here - but HEAVY PRAYERS here too!

Praying that common sense and justice are one and the same.

"She's come, undone!

As the song goes, She's too late, she's gone TOO far, she's lost the sun!!

She climbed a mountain that was way too high, and when she found out that she couldn"t climb, it was too late!!!!!!( recall that song?)

Thank-You for responding when you did!!!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
For some reason, I keep picturing "mom" standing up, yelling at the judge and accusing him of being an imposter and not a real judge!!! Wouldn't that frost the cake? ;)

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
You've got that right !

The frosting on the Cake , well said momoffuzzyfaces!!!!!!!

She is very ill!!!! I pray that true justice serves in favor of the Goodnows!!!

DrKym
08-01-2006, 02:01 PM
Thank you all! I haven't posted or answered the phone except from the lawyer today. Please understand that I will call all of you back that left messages as SOON as I know something concrete. I did speak with Gary this am and he is in a meeting with Jasper right now. to quote some of her allegations/testimony she "believes that William Goodnow should be charged with child abuse and assault for the invasive procedures of blood drawing and vaccinations" that since he has a lawyer in both states she wants the Judge to require "the Goodnows to deposit 10k into a legal fund so she can hire a lawyer to fight us singly and together" "that all voice mails be destroyed as I never consented to being taped" (hello it's VOICEMAIL) and several other but all saying the same thing she requests that all parental rights be removed from the father etc etc. and finally that it be dismissed as she has no legal counsel.

It is 2 pm here in Ill I will not know anything more until about 4 or so my time so please don't be angry about the phone not being answered, I am truly to stressed to talk. and I have nothing to say except to whine about how sick I am in my stomach. So until I have news (praying both my men will be in my arms tonight) I will remain silent. Thank you all for the prayers and we will soon know what and how this Judge decides.Blessed Be.

sparks19
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Oh my gosh. I am so sorry this is tough on you :( Soon it will be over and they will both be home with you.

Praying as hard as I can for you and yours

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Thank you all! I haven't posted or answered the phone except from the lawyer today. Please understand that I will call all of you back that left messages as SOON as I know something concrete. I did speak with Gary this am and he is in a meeting with Jasper right now. to quote some of her allegations/testimony she "believes that William Goodnow should be charged with child abuse and assault for the invasive procedures of blood drawing and vaccinations" that since he has a lawyer in both states she wants the Judge to require "the Goodnows to deposit 10k into a legal fund so she can hire a lawyer to fight us singly and together" "that all voice mails be destroyed as I never consented to being taped" (hello it's VOICEMAIL) and several other but all saying the same thing she requests that all parental rights be removed from the father etc etc. and finally that it be dismissed as she has no legal counsel.

It is 2 pm here in Ill I will not know anything more until about 4 or so my time so please don't be angry about the phone not being answered, I am truly to stressed to talk. and I have nothing to say except to whine about how sick I am in my stomach. So until I have news (praying both my men will be in my arms tonight) I will remain silent. Thank you all for the prayers and we will soon know what and how this Judge decides.Blessed Be.

Thank_You, from the bottom of my heart for this up date.

Prayers again!!!

DrKym
08-01-2006, 03:27 PM
Court is in Session. It is unfolding as we read this. I think I am numb. Not to sound dramatic but the only I feel is terror. I have been in some really physically frightening positions but I have never felt this frozen, I cannot think, I cannot imagine what Jasper is feeling while he is standing there.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 03:33 PM
SUPER SIZE PRAYERS FLYING!!!

gini
08-01-2006, 03:46 PM
Bless your heart - prayers are being offered for your family right now.

cyber-sibes
08-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Court is in Session. It is unfolding as we read this. I think I am numb. Not to sound dramatic but the only I feel is terror. I have been in some really physically frightening positions but I have never felt this frozen, I cannot think, I cannot imagine what Jasper is feeling while he is standing there. Take some deep breaths, dear, and visualize Alex surrounded by the arms of loving angels. What happens is pretty much out of your hands at this point. Lots of prayers are being said. Alex has a Higher Power watching out for him, too. Once you know the court decision, you can make more decisions about what to do. I have to leave for work now, but you will be on my mind all evening. Will check in later. ;) I'll be prayin'

Vela
08-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Court is in Session. It is unfolding as we read this. I think I am numb. Not to sound dramatic but the only I feel is terror. I have been in some really physically frightening positions but I have never felt this frozen, I cannot think, I cannot imagine what Jasper is feeling while he is standing there.

I haven't responded previously, but I have been following this, and I am sending prayers to you all that he comes home to you for good.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 04:12 PM
ohhhh sweeety....it's like a hard tunnel...immobile and you can't see the other end.

Difficult to remember ice cream and all fun promises.

REMEMBER EVERYONE WHO IS WITH YOU - talk to the "air", we are there!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

DrKym
08-01-2006, 04:20 PM
I am thinking of all of you trust me! Mother in law called, Alex is just now being brought into the Judges chambers, still no news and no verdict.

Jadapit
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Catty is right we are with you. (((Hugs)))

Donnaj4962
08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I have been following this, and, like others, have not posted. But I have ben keeping you in my prayers.

What a terrible situation for all of you to be going through. I can only hope and pray that the judge will see the "nutcase" for what she is and that your family will be whole again in Illinois.

I usually only watch this forum during the day, but will check in toinght for an update.

Until then, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers... from Indiana to Illinois to Arizona!

DrKym
08-01-2006, 04:32 PM
The Judge has Ordered he is to stay with his mother until October, under medical care that our lawyer is in charge of. Judge Hinson wants Alex in the state of Az so that he doesn't lose jurisdiction over the case. Our lawyer is to be present at every Dr. visit etc. this order is valis until October at which time the Judge wants to review the case. I cannot type amymore as I am going to throw up I will post asap.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Lord, I just can't believe this!!! Just because a judge doesn't want to lose jurisdiction? :(

I can't help believe this is just a temporary set back. At least with the court appointed doctor visits she will have to take better care of him, or else!!!

Prayers will continue until he is back with you where he belongs!!!

caseysmom
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
I am so sorry, just remember that is 2 short months and he will be monitored. Please keep yourself healthy that boy needs you.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 04:43 PM
Surely Gary MUST be able to appeal this????

O-M-G!!!!!!

Don't they care how ALEX feels about this?????

Please God - more prayers....a miracle is needed here!

i just can't believe this....what MORE assessment do they need?

I am not as sick as you hon....but I am just sick sick sick for you.

HUGS (for all the good they'll do)

Donnaj4962
08-01-2006, 04:50 PM
OH NO! :mad: :mad:

I cannot believe this! I agree with Catty1... can your lawyer appeal this? I get so angry with the justice system, especially when it comes to the welfare of children! When will judges realize that it is not always the best thing for a child to be with the mother? :rolleyes:

I am so sorry that you are having to endure this for another 2 months. I hope and pray that there will be some way for your attorney to appeal and the judeg will "see the light".... I can only imagine what you must be going through right now.

(((Hugs))) and prayers coming from Indiana.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 04:55 PM
If spinning words can help - maybe you lost - but the other woman DID NOT WIN!

I just CAN'T BELIEVE this...oh hon...

If the media would not do Alex more harm than good, it would be tempting...

DrKym
08-01-2006, 05:28 PM
I am sitting here reading your posts and getting updates from my Mother in law and daughter as to what transpired in the courtroom. As the whole story comes clear and I talk with Gary who is a car meeting with Jasper on the way to the Phoenix airport, I will relate it here. From what my daughter said Sharon was not only reprimanded but the Judge several times but fined for an outburst, the way Jesse is explaining it, the thought process is that our lawyer is standing is as parent in absentia meaning he will be at all Dr. visits and she is required to procure him counseling. If she misses or reschedules an appt. Alex will be immediatley surrendered to Ill. If what Jesse is saying is accurate then I have no doubt Sharon will screw up quicker rather than later. I will repost as soon as I have verification of this and any other details from Gary.
THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH I don't think any of you know how important you are all to us and our family or how indebted we are to you kindess and good grace and prayers for my boy and our family.

I have not told Adrian yet as he went to a friends house and I refuse to ruin his evening, plenty of time to tell him after his shower etc.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 05:39 PM
Looks like you may have lost this battle but have for sure not lost the war!

I wounldn't be at all surprised if the "mom" doesn't somehow expect you all to pay for her fine!!!

Hang in there!!! We are with you and praying for all of you!!!

DrKym
08-01-2006, 05:52 PM
OKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK just got off phone with Gary, yes Alex will be in AZ until October 11th at which time the Judge is going to enter final rulings on all aspects of the case including but not limited to custody. Sharon will have Alex with supervision an officer of the court juvenile division will be dropping in unannounced a few times a week the Drs must submit to court not Sharon their findings. A social service person is being assigned to him at school, he is to stay in daycare (court approved) during the day and she has to file her itinerary EACH DAY for what and where he is while in her care. The only reason that Judge is allowing and requiring this is because he has ordered a psych eval to be done by 2 independent offices of SHARON. Because we had requested several things besides custody (the psych eval, parenting classes, a complete check of her clientele and also a financial affidavit from her and the bookstore accepting credit cards ) Alex needs to be in Yavapai county to retain custodial jurisdiction on our part. Gary has stated that after her behaviour in court today he has no worries that we will not recieve full sole custody on the 11th of October. So we lost but I think (dare I say it?) we won? Gary has made it part of the order that my grown kids are to be allowed to see him and take him for reasonable visits as they are family etc, and we can keep closer tabs on him that way and that Alex is to call us each day with Gary on phone so that she cannot withold him via phone. I am still sick and upset that he will be near and with her but I have hope that this is the end. Sharon is so determined to NOT adhere to anything the court says that I am sure she will violate at which time Alex will be transported to us immediatley.

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Looks like this cloud may have a silver lining after all, eh?

You may well get him before October 11 and his mom may get the help she so desperatley needs.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 06:21 PM
If Sharon has her evaluation SOON and "flunks", would that send Alex back sooner?

How is ALEX in all this????

At least when your kids visit, they can take him for ice cream!

:(

I hate to hate ANYONE, but I hope Sharon screws up SOON - without hurting Alex!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-01-2006, 08:17 PM
This may turn out to be a blessing in disguise.

When she loses him (and I'm confidant she will) she won't be able to say she wasn't given every opportunity to keep him. It will be all on her own head.

DrKym
08-01-2006, 09:04 PM
MOFF I tend to agree I have yet see Sharon keep an appointment except for court as she would always end up trying to get more money at those appts. which btw I forgot to mention, based on the evidence that was allowed her Child supoort was cut in half! Can we say one PISSY woman! I am told she was livid and that was the trigger for her to begin her outbursts to the Judge.

cyber-sibes
08-01-2006, 09:23 PM
just got home from work, i'[m glad I kept reading here because I was sooooooooo :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: when I read that the judge is ruling that Alex should live with that lunatic again! But it sounds like there will be plenty of eyes & ears keeping tabs, and, as everyone is pointing out, it's just a matter of time till she screws up. Especially with her child support cut in half (heehee) she'll probably be ready to hand him back in no time.
At least you know where you stand now and the most important thing is that Alex is going to be in counseling and a supervised enviornment, and you will get regular phone contact and reports from "normal" people on how he's doing. (((hugs))) ;) It's not over yet.

DrKym
08-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Cyber everyone has prayed so hard, and I must admit I think Star pulled this one outta doggie heaven!(with help from my own Rusty) Our dogs knew that a quick win would leave open that dread appeal word! Her path is so full of pit falls and leg traps (worst thing a dog can think of on short notice) that I am beginning to plan and hope for our annual halloween party of course my little Alex will be dressed as KING. All of us Pink ppl wanted what was best for Alex (of course simple answer stay here) none of us not even me thought about her being able to appeal. Understand everyone the coup de grace in all this is our full custody includes my adopting him which severs her parental rights, the Judge knows this. Sharon doesn't get it but then again she is an Idiot as her email of 10 minutes go says " I won I have him and you will pay for being his wife, he will never get an out of state visit again" hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm very true but not in the way she is envisioning...............kiss Star as she is one of Alexs Fave siggy dogs along with Bailey the Great Dane.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 09:33 PM
" I won I have him and you will pay for being his wife, he will never get an out of state visit again"

oh MAAAANNNNNNNNNNNN....this is so far beyond 'not getting it'....she is not on another planet, she is the spawn of the most non-parallel universe you can (or can't) imagine!!!! SHEEEEEEESH!

How is Alex? What has he been told?

HUGS

DrKym
08-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Yes he was told by the Judge exactly what to expect and told in chambers so Mama couldn't mess with what was said. Alex knows that he is visiting so that he can see the Judge again and that he will be seeing ALOT of Gary.
Considering she still refers to me as Kym Shuey even though Jasper and I have been together for over 3 years I am thinking she is a bit slow on the uptake?!?! It is 20 minutes to 10 here and her brother called and asked that we don't depose him as he himself is Mormon and he cannot lie but he would be hurting his Sister to tell the truth. My heart broke for Harold as he is a good man but has witnessed her abuse of both his nephews the poor late Christopher dead at 4 in Sharons custody and now Alex. However I will still have him deposed.

Catty1
08-01-2006, 09:46 PM
the poor late Christopher dead at 4 in Sharons custody

...I am gagging...does this man feel NOTHING for Christopher that he worries about 'hurting his sister'? Can he not see this happening to other children if she is not stopped?

I hope I am misunderstanding him....

Kym, when you say you are having him 'deposed' - does that mean the Judge is still going to hear evidence? I mean, a conversation or two with the brother...and Alex will be back, and I wonder if the brother could be charged with complicity...

How were Sharon and her brother RAISED?

I am not so much angry now as sad and bewildered....

DrKym
08-01-2006, 10:01 PM
Yes on Oct 11th all the evidence will be heard, the testimony of former friends back when she lived in Kansas and slapped Alexander (at 18 months old) across his face for blowing bubbles in his high chair. Christophers medical records and her contention that she would heal his luekemia. Testimony from Jaspers other kids (given with parental permission from us and their birth mom
who voluntarly gave them up as she was battling a prescription addiction, she is a really nice lady just slips now and agian and cares enough to have her kids safe) all 3 of them have been beaten and verbally abused by Sharon whose sworn testimony is that she had "step mother syndrome" failure to love a child because it isn't hers. (no it isn't real but she does teach it in her seminars :rolleyes: ) Testimony from Jaspers sister Allison (a Mo. cop ) of some very strange voice mails over the years and also as recent as this am when Sharon called and asked Allison to have her brother arrested at work (he works in St Louis 25 minutes away) on the grounds that he hired a lawyer which puts her at a disadvantage :eek: she left this message with the Sgt in charge for Allison. All the rest of the evidence not allowed today as it wasn't the right "forum" i.e. voice mails, emails, false reports to police in 3 states will all be heard if she doesn't screw up before then.
And yes Candace I think Harold feels Christophers death but after 7 years and being estranged from sharon for 6 he is trying to move on with his life, the sister that is Christphers mom for my own reason I haven't asked to be deposed. As for how was she raised her father died when she was 7 and the 3 youngest were left in the care of a 9 year old brother while Mum worked. Tragic yes but 3 out of 4 are as sane as most ppl Sharon was the only one that went wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy out there. 1 Sister left home at 17 and built her life with little contact with the family. She is married with 3 nice kids all healthy and happy and my in laws see them a few times a yr as that sisters in laws are neighbors of theirs. The brother became Mormon has a couple of kids and has tried to bail Sharon out from her messes for years, he and the wife went thru counseling after Christopher and they have distanced themself for their own sanity. Harold did not even know that Sharon and Jasper were divorced, as he said as long as Jasper was there we didn't worry too much.

Dorothy39
08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Man, it has taken me almost 3 hours to absorb these absolutes!!!!!

I couldn't read several replies because the dogs wanted in, then out, the cell phone kept ringing, one call from my sister, who had to listen to me pour out my feelings, (she's my big little sister!!!! ;) ) She assured me that Alex would be alright, that this wicked witch from the Southwest would certainly go to prison.

As of your last post, I can see the scope of her "kingdom". :eek:

She is not only "crackers", she is a nightmare as well to so many people. I won't rest easy until she is restrained!!!

DrKym
08-02-2006, 01:09 AM
Thank you all!

moosmom
08-02-2006, 08:51 AM
Lemme get this straight...The judge wants this granola chewing whackjob to undergo a psyche eval, yet he's allowing Alex to go back with her till the next court date in October??? :confused: *scratches head*

THAT I don't get. But, I guess he knows what he's doing. I hope the judge asked her to surrender her passport. I trust this biatch as much as I trust a snake laying in the grass just waiting to pounce.

You guys are definitely on my "high alert prayers". If what you told me on the phone is true (and I have no doubt it IS) then hopefully Alex will be back with you VERY soon. She needs to get locked away for good. I just feel bad for you and Alex. How in the hell do you tell a 6 year old that he has to go back to his wicked mother's house after all he's been through.

It's only a matter of time before she f$%#@ ups. Hopefully it'll be sooner.

Catty1
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
MM - thank goodness the judge spoke with Alex privately, and told him he was visiting so he could see the Judge again. And that he would see Gary A LOT. As long as Alex feels ok.....dear dear boy....save up for the ice cream party!

THe conditions under which Sharon must operate are almost designed to make her screw up - heck, I would trip the first day! - so I am sure there is method in their madness.

hugs and prayers ongoing!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-02-2006, 12:51 PM
The dawn of every day may be the day you get Alex back!!!

I bet it won't be long. Sounds like she will stew and simmer a bit then blow wide open (specially now her money has been cut in half) . I hope Alex isn't near the fall out though!!! :(

Still, save all emails and stuff from her. It may come in handy.

DrKym
08-02-2006, 02:59 PM
MOFF I agree I hope Alex is not around when it happens, as for the emails I forward them all to Gary! Just like I do with all voicemails.

Soapets
08-02-2006, 11:00 PM
:eek: WOW! :eek: What an absolute nutcase, and that's an insult to all of the rest of the absolute nutcases out there! You'll get Alex back, and it won't be long. He will be watched over by lots of people in the process.

I will pray for God to keep a protective shield around him at all times, and to put the right people in his path every step of the way, until he is back home and safe with you. God will protect him, and will be watching over him constantly.

I will also pray for peace of mind for you and the rest of your family. Know that Alex will be protected and taken care of. The judge made those stipulations so that Sharon will have to try to prove that she can be a fit mother, and she will fail, and then there will be no question as to where Alex will live and grow and learn and play and thrive.

Things will work out for the best in the long run. In the process, Sharon's true character will be exposed, and she won't be able to give seminars and hurt so many others through her sick teachings, either.

Alex is a very special little boy, and through his innocent involvement in all of this, MANY more people are going to be helped in the long run. Try to remember that. GOD WILL make everything work out for the best, for EVERYONE, in the long run....................

PRAYERS and HUGS coming your way from Nebraska, throughout this ordeal, for as long as they are needed...............

Deb

DrKym
08-04-2006, 12:25 AM
Thank You! what a comfort those words are. Blessed be!

Dorothy39
08-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Soapets:

Amen to that Beautiful Prayer!!!!