PDA

View Full Version : A canine visitor! Pics added

Glacier
07-27-2006, 11:42 AM
We are going to have an overnight guest tonight! The Second Chance League in Fairbanks, Alaska is trying to transport a dog to an adoptive home in B.C. He can't make the trip in one day. So this afternoon, I am picking "Cloud" up at the airport and he's spending the night with us. Tomorrow morning, way too early, he'll head back to the airport and be off to his forever family. They adopted his brother as a puppy and when Cloud became available they agreed to take him too. Cloud's petfinder page hasn't been updated since he came back to the SCL, but here's a link:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=2944721

The Second Chance League works with sled dogs dumped at the Fairbanks shelter. It's a high kill facility. Over 3000 huskies a year die there. SCL does great work with the working dogs left there. I'm really looking forward to helping them!

Daisy and Delilah
07-27-2006, 12:01 PM
Just a word of warning Tamara. Cloud may not want to leave your place ;) That's very cool that he gets to stay the night. He's a gorgeous boy!! :)

IRescue452
07-27-2006, 12:09 PM
It sounds like he's going to go to a good home. I'm glad you can help him on his way. Take in all the puppy antics you can tonight and you'll be more than happy to send off the little scamp in the morning.

Queen of Poop
07-27-2006, 12:17 PM
You are one incredible human being. You do so much for your animals, and all the others too. Enjoy the overnight visitor, but remember, he does have a plane to catch!!!

Chilli
07-27-2006, 01:11 PM
What an adorable little guy! I'm so glad you opened your home to him so he will be able to make his trip to his new home safely. :D
I hope you and him enjoys the stay! I'm sure he will.

Cinder & Smoke
07-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Tomorrow morning, way too early,
he'll head back to the airport and be off to his forever family.

Maybe call him a Taxi and wish him well & a Safe Trip at the house. :p

:D

And this Good Deed adds another Gold Star for your collection ...
you should enough to start a second Universe. ;)

lizbud
07-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Cloud is a cutie. :) Did he stay long at the Shelter? I'm happy he can go
live with his brother. Thanks so much for doing this for the dogs.

lute
07-27-2006, 05:18 PM
awww! Cloud is so cute. you are so wonderful for helping this little cutie! :D

cyber-sibes
07-27-2006, 05:23 PM
The Second Chance League works with sled dogs dumped at the Fairbanks shelter. It's a high kill facility. Over 3000 huskies a year die there. :eek: My jaw dropped when I read this, Tamara. that's AWFUL!!!!! That's at least 8 dogs every single day!!!! Oh, bless you & everyone at SCL for all you do to help, im glad little Cloud is going to escape that fate! He sure is a cutie.

Glacier
07-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Cloud had an uneventful trip here. He's done the first leg of his journey to his new family. By this time tomorrow, he'll finally be home! I've been telling him that he just has to get through one more bad day and he'll be set for life. It's a good thing he's only here for one night! He'd be super easy to integrate into my pack!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/meetingsun.jpg
He's hanging out with Sundin for the night. Cloud was a quite nervous when I first picked him up. He's a timid boy, but I could see him relax once we got here and he saw other dogs. He wasn't at all afraid walking across the yard to get to Sundin's pen. He was playing with Sundinee in just a few minutes, like they were old buddies! I have Cloud on a trolley style tie-out for the night. His foster mom said he would bolt if given the chance. He is really shy and I need to be able to catch him easily at 5:30am! I don't have three months to gain his trust like it took with Sundin!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/sadface.jpg
Having a quiet moment, probably wondering what the heck is going on!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v38/Glacier1998/Dogs%202006/cloud.jpg
He is a looker! I have an extra soft spot for bi-eyed dogs though!

I'm heading to bed early tonight! My boss is going to fall over when I beat him to work tomorrow. I am chronically 15 minutes late, tomorrow I'll be 2 hours early! :p

lute
07-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Cloud is so pretty! he's so sleek. love his eyes!

Lori Jordan
07-28-2006, 02:23 PM
He is very precious!

Chilli
07-28-2006, 02:33 PM
How gorgeous! :D I'm glad he's doing fine at your place, too bad he can't stay, though!

Toby's my baby
07-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Wow, Cloud is gorgeaus!! I'm glad you were able to help!

Glacier
07-28-2006, 06:16 PM
I just got an email from Cloud's new family. He arrived safely just a little while ago. He's busy stretching his legs and playing with his littermate! :D