PDA

View Full Version : Hey Guys!

areias
07-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Hey everyone, how are you all doing? I'm just wondering if anyone remembers me and my crew. My computer died a little while before Valentine's Day, and I didn't have internet for the longest time, until about a month ago. All of mine are doing great, I have my permanent 4 dogs, Sam, Casey, Boomer, and zoie, plus a rottie puppy name dallas that I have until I find her another home. My paint horse, Molly, started having problems with arthritis, so I ended up doing a trade with the neighbors, she is going to a pet home with some kids, and now I have an appendix qh named Ava. My cockatiel, Tiki, is doing great and so are my fish. Here is a pic of the crew and of Ava. I will post more pics later on. :)
http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/df5af81511ee2e09a7e588c69f80c580-.jpg
http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/ac27b5811e1d528f3f4286d7dbf4c1ad-.jpg

One of the main reasons I came here today, other than to resume posting with all you wonderful people, is to reach out for help. A friend decided to take a puppy about 3 days ago, even after much discouraging on my part. After having it for only a night, she called me the next morning and asked if I knew anyone who wanted it, because she "couldn't keep her". I'm not totally sure the reason, but I think it has something to do with the fact that it was cute at first, but then she had to deal with the puppy antics. I called some people I knew, and asked if she could keep it at least until the next day. She said no. She decided that she would probably take it to animal services, a county-run kill shelter, in which any dog dropped off, has a 50% chance of being euthanized. So, after some hurried phone calls, I called her back and asked if she could keep it until after I got off work, at about 9pm, maybe another 5 hours. She said maybe. She was going to give it to another friend of ours, until I could pick it up, but the friend wasnt going to be home for another hour. I was talking to her on the phone, and I heard her sister in law ask if she was ready to go to animal services...after a few more hurried phone calls, I called her back to ask once again, if she could keep until 9pm (at this time it was 3pm, only another 6 hours), and she said no, shes going to get rid of it. :mad: I made her meet me and I took the puppy home right away.

So, to sum it up, I am looking for a home for an 8 week old female Rottweiler mix puppy. She is just about housebroken! It seems that she has an accident every morning though, but just one (kind of wierd, I know) but other than that she whines to go outside. I took her to the vet yesterday and got all her shots and her worming done. I did hear that she got stepped on by her mom when she was little, so she wobbles sometimes when she walks. She is learning about the leash, but she is also content to just follow you around, she does not have a tendency to run off. She loves kids and other dogs, and she plays all day with whippet mix, Zoie. I know there are a few PTers around Florida, I would be more than happy to drive her if someone has a home for her. The most important thing, though, is that she finds a permanent home, we are her fourth home.
[oops, forgot to put the picture of dallas in...]
http://areias.zoto.com/img/45/9a11e347e7e573ce5fa3ef645dd22d6a-.jpg

Sorry for such a long post. :o But thank you for any help. I also look forward to being on here again!
Thanks,
areias

pitc9
07-27-2006, 09:19 AM
Welcome Back!
What a great group shot you got there!
Oh the puppy is too dang cute!
I hope she is found a forever home soon!
Did you post her on Petfinder yet?

Dorothy39
07-27-2006, 09:22 AM
Your most recent thread on Pet Talk was wonderful to read.

Glad to meet you, areias.

I am quite certain that when other members read your great post, you will receive a hardy welcome back party!!!

Your pictures were all great, and worth the wait I might add.

Dallas is so adorable, the hightlight of your story. Bless Your Heart!!!!!

Ginger's Mom
07-27-2006, 09:26 AM
Just sent a link to this page to someone I know in Florida, who had to have their 12 year old Rottie-mix put down last week. To be honest I think they will say no (it's too soon, plus they have a five month old Boxer/Lab pup already), but it is worth a try.

It is nice to see your gang again.

Logan
07-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I wish I could help, but I can't. I will say a prayer in hopes that you can find a perfect home for her. She is adorable. How sad that she has been bounced from home to home so many times in her short life. :(

k9krazee
07-27-2006, 10:32 AM
Welcome back, its nice to "see" your crew again!

Dallas is ADORABLE!! Hope she finds a home soon!I think she'd fit in with a certain Muttlie crew that's in dire need of another black and tan ;) :p

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2006, 10:37 AM
No help, but I was just wondering where you were. Welcome back :).

JenBKR
07-27-2006, 10:55 AM
Welcome back, we missed you! That poor puppy, that's so sad :( I wish I could help, but maybe someone else here can.

lv4dogs
07-27-2006, 11:03 AM
Of course we remember you & your crew. it's so nice to see you here again.

Sorry I can't be of any help with the pup, I wish you the best. I'm sure someone will take her in, who could resist a face like that?

buttercup132
07-27-2006, 01:40 PM
Maybe Kay will take her.
Hasnt she been wanting another black and tan dog and shes in Florida..:)
Welcome back!

areias
07-27-2006, 01:47 PM
!I think she'd fit in with a certain Muttlie crew that's in dire need of another black and tan ;) :p

:D Exactly what I was thinking...Kaaay?! lol.

I'm in Riverview, FL, near Tampa. Thanks for the warm welcome back. :) Today I rehomed a dachshund that my vet had, with another friend of mine, and it worked out very well..but no luck yet for Dallas.

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
I think she would fit in nicely with the Muttlies.. :D

Flatcoatluver
07-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Welcome back!! We missed you!
Sorry I can't help, but what a cutie she is!! I love that group shot also and Ava is also gorgeus!

Kfamr
07-27-2006, 02:09 PM
MY HEART IS GOING *THUMP*THUMP*THUMP*THUMP*THUMP*THUMP*

Oh my gosh. She is totally what I've been wanting. I've had my heart set on getting another dog to add a fourth the The Muttlies.

If there is anything at all you could possibly say to convince my parents to say yes... please, please, please say it!

I was very excited to see you post but even more excited now! I've been wondering where you were. :) You're about a hour away from us. :)

areias
07-27-2006, 03:37 PM
I will PM you. ;)

wolf_Q
07-27-2006, 11:46 PM
Yes I remember you, nice to see you back. Your dogs are beautiful!!

The first thing I thought of when I saw the pup was KIARA!! Kay you need to take her!! :D Oh, and when you figure out what you need to say to convince your parents please let me know the secret so I can adopt another husky. :P

Tollers-n-Dobes
07-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Welcome back! I remember you aswell :)

As soon as I saw Dallas, I was immidiately reminded of Ki. It would be wonderful if Kay could add Dallas as her fourth Muttlie!