PDA

View Full Version : Playing? Or Hating?

Toreo
07-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Well I have to Cats... Oreo and Tuxedo..(tux or tuxie for short).
Tux (he's about one) And Oreo(she's about 3 and a half) DOnt get along very well.We got tux last year..Since then if Tux Goes by Oreo she hisses and Growls..I dont know why.And sometimes Tux pounces at her in lets just places..She growls realy loud when he does that and runs.He's usaly always
behind her chasing.I realy Want these Pouncing and Hissing to stop!
But i dont know how.. It dries me crazy when they do that!
Help? :eek: :(

MyCatXander
07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
it's the same reason I can't get another cat!!! It's because Oreo is jealous and thinks he will be abandoned so he's trying to show that he's better than tux! So it's all just jealousy! :D

audrey613
07-30-2006, 04:57 PM
I had a cat, Naomi who was 4 years old when we brought home a tuxedo kitten named Elvis. They never got along. She hissed at him her last day on earth, when she was over 18 years old. They never seemed to hurt each other and always stayed in the same room of a 4 room apartment. They had a choice and seemed always to be in the same room. So that was just the way they were and we got used to it. The next time, I will get two cats who get along from the start. I think that Elvis chasing her around kept her young. But I don't know how you can convince them to like each other.

AmberEyes
07-31-2006, 04:41 PM
I agree with MyCatXander, it's jealousy. Try showing Oreo a bit extra attention to show her she's not being replaced. Try getting them their own food/water bowls, so they're not forced to share.
That's exactly how Bella was with Max when we bought him.