PDA

View Full Version : my friend got a new puppy *pics*

cali
07-26-2006, 12:18 PM
yup, last night my best friends mom came home with a 5 week old "scottiepoo" aint that a great mix? intelligence combined with stubborness, and a wire coat combined with a poodle coat. nice eh? ya guess who their groomer and trainer is? lol I gave them one of my rabbits crates for him to use, when he grows out of that one he can use my other rabbit crate. I am going over today so I should start work on touching his paws and teaching him to stand, and I will bring my cam lol he is nameless last I heard. I attached a few pics I took with my cell last night.

Sparklecoon
07-26-2006, 12:22 PM
Cute pup. I love scotties (not too fond of poodles though). 5 weeks is awfully young to be taken away from his Mum and siblings.

lute
07-26-2006, 12:25 PM
congrats on getting to help with the grooming and training. not too fond of desighner dogs, but he is pretty cute. where did they get him that he is away from him mummy at 5 weeks? :(

lv4dogs
07-26-2006, 12:28 PM
I'm glad she (he?) has you to help, I'm not to fond of the designer breeds or the fact that he's so young and away from his parents & siblings but he is cute.

cali
07-26-2006, 12:50 PM
he came from an ad in the paper, and turned out to be placed by my best friends friend, who I was with last night, believe me I was not exactly silent about the designer dog thing lol I was also expressing concern over his age to my friends mom(who bought the pup) she was like "well he's on solid food" so I tried to explain to her that its not the solid food thats the problem, I mean even her youngest daughter knows the correct age before a pup should leave its mom.

lute
07-26-2006, 01:07 PM
atleast you made an effort. i don't have anything against your friend or her mother. but i just wanna scream any time a hear of someone breeding, buying, or talking about designer dogs. if i see someone looking at them in a petstore i go out of my way to explain to them they will be buying a mutt. i've even been kicked out of petstores for this. but i hate the thought of designer breeds! :mad: there was a "schnoodle" at the local animal control for over a month. the little dog wasn't even a year old! he was killed last week because i home wasn't found for him. his adoption fee was only $65, but people want to spend thousands of dollars on the exact same mix. :mad:

sorry bout that little spout. i just couldn't stop typing. :o

pitc9
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
Wow... 5 weeks?!? Geez back yard breeders will shove a dog out the door as soon as they have money in their hands in order to make room for the next litter of "Expensive Mutts" How sad is that?!
I hope the puppy has a long happy and healthy life.

critter crazy
07-26-2006, 01:16 PM
WOW!! % weeks is so young!! Was there a reason why he was sold so young?? He is a cutie, but i do agree with everyone else, I am not a big fan of designer breeds! My MIL has a cockapoo, and I gave her a lashing when she got it, not to mention te fact that she got it froma pet store!! Arghhh, people never learn!

Flatcoatluver
07-26-2006, 01:38 PM
Wow 5 weeks, sorry I got to tell a story....
When I was volunteering for a no-kill shelter, somebody was looking for a labradoodle. I told her about designer breeds, and I got in trouble by an adult volunteer, I was as polite as I could possibly be! Then the adult volunteer tells her what city the breeder lives in!! :mad:

lute
07-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow 5 weeks, sorry I got to tell a story....
When I was volunteering for a no-kill shelter, somebody was looking for a labradoodle. I told her about designer breeds, and I got in trouble by an adult volunteer, I was as polite as I could possibly be! Then the adult volunteer tells her what city the breeder lives in!! :mad:

that's terrible! why doesn't the adult volunteer just offer to buy the dog! :mad:

critter crazy, my grandmother was going to buy a designer dog from a petstore too. i told her if she doesn't listen to anything i ever say listen to me now. "DO NOT BUY A DESIGNER DOG! especailly from a petstore!" she listened...halfway. she got a shih tzu from a petstore instead.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-26-2006, 02:33 PM
That's such a upsetting story, Flat-Coat lover. :mad: :eek:
I agree, 5 weeks isn't even CLOSE to being old enough to go to a new home.