PDA

View Full Version : I'm a bad meowmie...

moosmom
07-26-2006, 09:11 AM
My friend went on vacation and I offered to cat sit for her. She has 2 cats, Tigger, who lives under Stephanie's bed. The other one is a sweet old lady, Sassy, an 18 year old tortie who is a sweet little lovebug.

Anyway, I went up to Hartford (it's a good 40 minute ride from my place) after I got out of work on Sunday (5 pm). I stayed till this morning. I thought I left plenty of food, water and clean litterboxes for my kits. :eek: To my surprize, I walked into the apartment and they had no food left and there was cat litter all over the bathroom. Their boxes were so dirty (I NEVER let them get that bad) that someone peed on the bathroom floor (thank God it's tile!). I felt awful! Last night before I went to bed, my gut feeling was to go home the, but I thought it was crazy to travel that late at night.

The boxes are all clean now, bathroom floor washed and disinfected and, out of guilt, I gave them canned food (I usually save it for the evening). They're all happy now that I'm home, for as brief as it may be (I've got another week to catsit and will commute).

Oh the guilt and shame. *walks away, head bowed in shame*

catmandu
07-26-2006, 09:34 AM
You are not a bad Meowmie.
You Cats were just being nawtee.
When the Meeowmies away, the Cats will play.