PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request please

jazzcat
07-25-2006, 07:24 PM
My friend (she also works for my family helping me take care of my father) called me very upset. Her dog - a 10 month old boxer - ran out of the house, chased a cat into the street and was hit by a motorcycle. The motor cycle was carrying a man and a pregnant woman and they crashed. My friend said the man had at least a broken collarbone and the woman was slipping in and out of conciousness. She said it looked pretty bad.

Her dog is in bad shape with what looks like a broken leg and lots of cuts and abrasions. It may be worse once she is examined.

I'm asking for prayers and good thoughts for the injured couple, the dog, my friend and her daughters. My friend lost her ex-husband who is the father of her daughters in a bad motorcylce accident last year. She and the girls have had such a rough time of it and now this.

K9soul
07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
How horrible for everyone involved. :( They will most definitely be in my prayers.

DrKym
07-25-2006, 07:38 PM
OMGODDESS I am so sorry how awful for all involved. My prayers will go go up with so many others here that I am praying for. I hope that all will soon be well, and there is a little pain as possible for all involved.

chocolatepuppy
07-25-2006, 07:43 PM
How sad. :( I will keep all of them in my thoughts and prayers.

Ginger's Mom
07-25-2006, 07:49 PM
That really is sad for everyone involved. I will pray for their health and peace.

Almita
07-25-2006, 07:50 PM
oh my god that is so horrible! I will keep in my thoughts your friend and her daughters, her dog who will hopefully be ok, and for the woman and the man i hope the woman will be ok and same with the baby. i'm sorry :(

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2006, 08:00 PM
How sad to have an accident happen with a motorcyle so soon after her husband's death on a motorcycle!

Good thoughts and prayers on their way!

Samantha Puppy
07-25-2006, 08:55 PM
I hope everyone involved in the accident is okay but I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "Why on earth would you be riding a motorcycle if you were pregnant?" Wow. I mean, I drive a small SUV and when I found out I was pregnant I was afraid driving over a pothole would hurt the baby. I cannot even begin to fathom why someone responsible for another life would risk riding on a motorcycle. :confused:

Aquamarine
07-25-2006, 09:15 PM
Thats just awful. They'll be in my thoughts and prayers. :(

Soapets
07-25-2006, 09:23 PM
Prayers on the way from Nebraska...........

Deb

Dorothy39
07-25-2006, 09:29 PM
There are several aspects of life that Pet Talk have helped me with. One being, reaching out to others who need me.

I am so sorry that your good friend has been dealt a heavy blow in losing her husband. She is , to say the least, so affected by this incident.

I will pray for her and her dog, along with the couple who were injured, to pull through.

Bless You TOO!!!!

chocolatepuppy
07-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Any news on how everyone is doing? I've been wondering. They have all been in my thoughts.

Vela
07-29-2006, 01:55 PM
Wow that is very sad. I hope everyone involved is okay and I will send prayers for the family and the peple on the motorcycle.

jazzcat
07-29-2006, 02:15 PM
Any news on how everyone is doing? I've been wondering. They have all been in my thoughts.
I just realized I hadn't given an update, sorry.

All we can find out about the couple is that they were released from the local hospital late that night but since that hospital isn't equipped for babies they might have transferred the woman, we don't know and of course the hospital wouldn't tell my friend anything. We are just hoping they weren't injured and went home.

As for the dog, she may have a small fracture in her pelvis and she has severe roadrash on her stomach along with other cuts and bruises but the vet feels she will make a full recovery. Now we are just praying that my friend doesn't get sued. It was a total accident but you never know and people certainly sue at the drop of a hat these days. Hopefully they weren't injured, had insurance and that will be that. Fingers crossed.

chocolatepuppy
07-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the update. I hope everyone is ok, including the pup, and that your friend doesn't get sued. It sounds like she's had it tough enough. Hopefully the couple is ok and are understanding.

Cookiebaker
07-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I hope everyone involved in the accident is okay but I have to admit, the first thing I thought was "Why on earth would you be riding a motorcycle if you were pregnant?" Wow. I mean, I drive a small SUV and when I found out I was pregnant I was afraid driving over a pothole would hurt the baby. I cannot even begin to fathom why someone responsible for another life would risk riding on a motorcycle. :confused:

This was the first thing that crossed my mind too. Don't get me wrong, my heart goes out to the lady, but that was so irresponsible on her part. Best wishes that the incident will be put to rest, and no law suits or anything like that. I hope the pup continues to heal and your friend and her family can move on and get back to normal.

shais_mom
07-30-2006, 11:44 AM
wow how awful.
prayers sent to everyone.
ummm Quite honestly if this was not her first pregnancy she might not have been as worried as if it had been her first. Not sure if I have ever seen a pregnant lady ON a motorcylce but I suppose it takes all kinds.

a girl I work with 2 years ago when she was pregnant with her first baby around 8 weeks along she was driving home from a funeral of her best friends dad and a motorcyclist pulled out in front of her and she killed him. It also happened on her birthday. She has to live with that for the rest of her life. Now she is due with baby number 2 around the anniversery of the accident, her friend's dad's death AND her birthday. I think its only fitting that she has a happy memory for that time.

jazzcat
07-30-2006, 11:54 AM
the first thing I thought was "Why on earth would you be riding a motorcycle if you were pregnant?" :confused:
That was my reaction after I hung up from my friend and started telling my husband what happened. The next day while talking to my friend I asked her and she said "I KNOW!". She said the injured man was saying the injured worman was 4 1/2 months pregnant but my friend said she was a tiny woman and she wasn't showing as far as she could tell. A little strange.