PDA

View Full Version : Who will it be????

jenluckenbach
07-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Who will it be????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who will be Luckenbach cat #16?????? (yes, I am weakening AGAIN)

I will be writing 5 stories below, one is the truth (the others, although based on fact, are not the ENTIRE truth). Which cat will I be adopting??

(alphabetical order)

1- Carolyn......Since her buddy DaVinci will be getting his new home, I decided that Carolyn should stay with me, since she trusts me and seems to be learning to love me. And she loves other cats!

2- DaVinci......I truly love DaVinci, and he seems to have bonded with me. I figure Carolyn can always remain here as a permanent foster and this way they can stay together but I only have the added vet expense of 1.

3-Hamlet.......A wonderful and highly adoptable cat, one who could easily get a home with ANYONE. But he fits in HERE! Why can't I have one of the sweet ones?

4-Nova.....This shy little black boy does not get enough "publicity" but he is a very nice boy. For some reason I am drawn to him.

5- Simba.......Well, it is no secret that I love Simba. I actually said (several times) after he was adopted that "I want Simba BACK!" And here he is. Can I really let him leave again??

OK.......Now remember, only 1 story is true. And this is NOT a trick question, I am not adopting 2 or 3 or 4 or 5......only 1. Can you guess who?????

catnapper
07-25-2006, 03:20 PM
You forgot a category: All of the above!

catnapper
07-25-2006, 03:22 PM
Ok, ok I went back and read the choices thoroughly. Since Simba wasn't at the adoption event, I'm going to guess him. Though Hamlet seems nice (for me?) and Nova sounds real sweet too.

Lizzie
07-25-2006, 03:35 PM
I ignored the stories and voted for Simba because that's what I want to happen. Naughty me!

jazzcat
07-25-2006, 04:15 PM
Another vote for Simba.

You know the say - if you love something set it free, if it comes back, it's yours... :D

Chilli
07-25-2006, 04:24 PM
I haven't been following many posts here in Cat General for some time, but from what I can see, I do agree that Simba sounds like the guy you're going to go with. ;)

kb2yjx
07-25-2006, 05:00 PM
Sounds like a landslide for Simba!!! Lucky kitty!!

GreyhoundGirl
07-25-2006, 05:04 PM
Simba !!!

'Cuz his story was sorta sad.

Hamlet sounded nice, though.....

catmandu
07-25-2006, 05:14 PM
The Tubby Angels whispered that it was Simba, although I was thinking Da Vinci.
But hes Cat 17.

jenluckenbach
07-25-2006, 05:30 PM
OK............first hint............a lot of people are WRONG!

bbbbwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaa ;) ;)

catmandu
07-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Was my hunch on Da Vinci right?

jenluckenbach
07-25-2006, 05:55 PM
no more hints yet. :D

Lizzie
07-25-2006, 05:57 PM
OK............first hint............a lot of people are WRONG!

bbbbwwwwwaaaaaahhhhhhaaaaahhhhhhhhhhaaaaa ;) ;)

You're making me cry, and I'm at work, this won't do.

I guess it's Hamlet. Poor Simba!

jenluckenbach
07-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Oh, please don't cry. Simba is safe and loved with me for as LOOOOOOONG as needed to find a PURRfect place for him (and who knows, he could one day be a full fledged Luckenbach cat). But I am simply not allowed to adopt them ALL. :( (but have you ever heard of the 20 year foster plan???) ;)

G535
07-25-2006, 06:03 PM
It's either Hamlet or it's a trick question and you're adopting all of them! :)

K & L
07-25-2006, 06:04 PM
I vote for Nova. So Jen who is it??

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-25-2006, 07:47 PM
Drat I guessed wrong. ;)

Corinna
07-25-2006, 08:13 PM
I vote Nova just sounds like a Jen kind of story to get her.

catnapper
07-25-2006, 08:35 PM
Hmmmm...... I have an inside tip: she apparently was nervous whenever anyone looked at Hamlet on Sunday. Probably much like I was whenever anyone looked at Abby.

Is the tip right?

carole
07-25-2006, 09:01 PM
I also voted for Nova before looking at any replies because if he exists it sounds like he needs someone just like Jen to love him and bring him out of his shy nature.

orangemm
07-26-2006, 04:49 AM
I was pulling for Simba........what went wrong? :eek: I thought he was a 'shoo-in'! ;)

jenluckenbach
07-26-2006, 04:56 AM
I actually feel GUILTY now! I have dissappointed SO many people. :(

catnapper
07-26-2006, 07:37 AM
Jen, I'm gonna bop you on the head!

Nobody's heard much of Hamlet or Nova. We all know Carolyn and Davinci should go together in order to be totally happy. We've heard lots of stories about Simba and how much you love him....... so guess what we voted? Yes, I too voted Simba but only because thats the boy I heard most stories of.

So please, do not feel guilty! We know you take adopting a cat very seriously, especially with so many wonderful fosters to choose from. Don't adopt Simba instead of the cat YOU want because you feel that's what everyone thought was the best choice... they have not personally met the cats or seen how they fit into your home. Their thought was based upon the info you provided not just here, but in previous threads. I personally wish I had voted for Hamlet, but I second guessed myself and picked Simba because that's what I thought you'd do (guess I was wrong! :p). He was SO sweet when I saw him, such GORGEOUS tabby markings and that lovely dusty color.

Vermontcat
07-26-2006, 10:39 AM
Well, I just voted for DaVinci because he is the one that I would keep if it was me. If your story is true then you would keep Caroline as a foster and she could stay at your house too. Kind of a two for one deal. ;)

Maybe if you post photos of all of the kitties so we can see their beautiful faces then that would help us guess which one you chose.
(At least post a photo of MY DaVinci because I really want to see a photo of him whether he is the one you chose or not.) :)

Lizzie
07-26-2006, 11:31 AM
I think it's time you posted a new thread introducing Hamlet to those of us who don't know him, and re-introducing him to those who don't remember him well. That way, those of us who were rooting for Simba will see "your" new cat and know just why you had to choose him. I agree, sometimes you want one of the "nice" ones for yourself.

jenluckenbach
07-26-2006, 01:49 PM
Before I introduce ANY new cat let me say this.................Who says it's Hamlet?? :p My only hint so far was that it was not Simba. (at least not THIS time)

I truly do not mean to play with all your feelings (I would NEVER do that) but right at this moment I am rethinking my decision to take in #16. I debated for a good long time with myself and finally thought I would give myself permission to be selfish. But now I am not so sure. :( again.

I sure wish I had never posted this..........I was so happy and now I am depressed again. Give me some time, OK? I am truly sorry.

You see, I WANT them all. I love DaVinci with my WHOLE heart. I have since he came to me the first time as a kitten. Simba is truly one of the nicest cats I have ever met. I DID want him back after he was adopted. Carolyn means so much to me beacuse of all that we've been through. And all her wonderful progress and all the progress I am certain she will have in the future. Nova, he is simply hard to describe. Anyone else might find him a "boring" cat, but there is just a WAY about him. And Hamlet.....although quite vocal for my taste, is kind of like a Godsend to me. He pushed his way into not just MY heart, but Charlie's, AND 15 other felines (OK 14, Mickey doesn't like hin YET)

But I can't HAVE them all! YES, they can live here indefinitely while 1by1 pays for their medical costs. (I still buy food and litter for them with the exception of some donations we get). But I am already over my head if multiple medical expences occur simultaneously.

heavy SIGH. How about some more feedback?

Lizzie
07-26-2006, 02:04 PM
Well you sure lobbed that heavy glob guilt right back at us - no, I'm not trying to toss it back! I do respect the fact that you have thought long and hard, and that you need to do more thinking since I let my heart rule my head over the past few months and I'm definitely in over my head. I thought of food, litter and basic medical costs, but I didn't expect 5 of them to need extended vet care all within a few weeks. Of course, you should take your time and we need to stop teasing you.

Consider the fact that we are so involved to be a compliment to your ability to make us care so much for cats that most of us have only read about.

orangemm
07-26-2006, 04:58 PM
Go with your heart. Do what makes YOU happy, not us. I was just voting because I was rooting for Simba; doesn't mean you love him any less, just that someone else might need your love and care a little more.

I would never presume to make you feel guilty about ANYthing, esp. adopting a kitty! You are doing so much more than a lot of us could handle.

No matter who it is, I know the others will find wonderful furrever homes!

jenluckenbach
07-26-2006, 06:35 PM
OK...............I sent in my application. Do you think they will approve me to adopt...............

HAMLET

You see, it was not only MY choice. I have 15 4-leggers and 1 2-legger to please as well. And it was just TOO coincidential how Hamlet THREW himself at the divider door on his first moment in the house.........waltzed his way into the living quartes among the fabulous 15, and never caused as much as an eyebrow to raise. :confused: It was some sort of miracle. No hissing, growling, fighting, hiding OR pee-ing outside the box. (unlike the other day after the foster crew crossed the living room on the way to the adoption event :rolleyes: Pee everywhere later that day :mad: )

So fate has brought me back to that number (16) that I swore I would never reach. :p

So congratulate me............I am a new mom. :D

Prairie Purrs
07-26-2006, 07:04 PM
Congratulations! It's a boy! :D And a very handsome boy, too!

It sounds like you truly had no choice in the matter. Sometimes we adopt the cat, and sometimes the cat adopts us. :D

krazyaboutkatz
07-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Congrats on your new addition Jen!!!:) I also thought it was Simba but like others have said you should go with your instincts and your heart.:)

DrKym
07-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Ok I don't do guilt (unless I am giving to my daughters so I get more grandbaby time) so I think keep all of them as 20 yr fosters! I will personally pledge a 20lb bag of kitty chow a month..................... thereby relieving you of the guilt and you get all and they get YOU ! win win! I love win win situations. :D

orangemm
07-27-2006, 04:26 AM
Do we think you'll be approved? Does the sun come up every morning? Are cats enigmatic? :confused: ;)

How about a picture????

cloverfdx
07-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Goodluck with the application Jen :). Hamlet sounds like the perfect match.

Glacier
07-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Congratulations! Hamlet sounds like Boots. Boots walked in like he had always lived with us. Not so much as a hiss from the other cats!

jazzcat
07-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Aww Hamlet, how sweet.

Jen I think you know the reason so many of us thought it was Simba was because that is the one you've talked about recently since he just came back. I should have know that was a little too obvious. ;)

Congratulations!

catmandu
07-28-2006, 09:21 AM
The Found Cats are all cheering for Hamlet, and the fact that he has a good furr ever home now.
And the Other Cats have a home where they can be safe and happy , all a Cat can ask for in a home.
You are too good a Purrson Jen, for us to make feel guilty.
We know that you will do whats best for the Cats in the long run.
You, after all are OUR HERO.