PDA

View Full Version : What would you name your pet after an celebrity?

CountryWolf07
05-20-2002, 02:04 PM
What would you name your pet after a famous or favorite actor/actress/singer? I'd name my husky (light red/white with blue/brown eyes) , or golden retriever .."Indiana Jones" or "Indy"..after Harrison Ford's character in the movie "Indiana Jones", which is my ABSOLUTE favorite movie that Harrison Ford has starred in!- Rachel

ramanth
05-20-2002, 02:09 PM
I once had a Fighting Fish, I named Corgan's Siamese Dream.

I was big into Smashing Pumpkins at the time. :)

I'd probably name a pet after any Star Wars character... whatever name fit. :D

jennifert
05-20-2002, 02:30 PM
I would name a pet Clemens...as in Roger "The Rocket" Clemens. I'm a huge fan of baseball, the Yankees and Roger....

mugsy
05-20-2002, 02:36 PM
I already have one!! Our Aussie/German Shepard mix is Sox after the White Sox!! I am also a big Robin Ventura fan (yep jennifert...we can sort of root for the same team now), so possibly Ventura, but I hesitate so that people don't think I'm naming it after that moron Jesse Ventura! lol

anna_66
05-20-2002, 02:46 PM
We already have one too! Angus is named after Angus Young of AC/DC, and Roxey from the Sting song Roxanne.

kobieeli
05-20-2002, 03:20 PM
I gotta admit this for anyone who suspected that our Kobie was named after Kobe Bryant....well, it's true. :) The DH and I are basketball fans, and when we saw our little shelter mutt jump about 4 feet straight up the first day we brought her home, we knew we had the right name! She's got Kobe's style, too.

Eli isn't named after any celebs, although I've heard that Peyton Manning (QB in the NFL) has a younger brother who's gonna be quite a star soon...named Eli, of course. :D

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2002, 06:26 PM
If we ever get a male dog, I would like to name him "Satchmo" after the great Louis Armstrong! (and if we had a female at the same time she may have to be named Ella, for Ella Fitzgerald).

Cincy is named after the University of Cincinnati, where Ralph and I met :)

Rachel
05-20-2002, 07:28 PM
In 1981 when I named my Bailey there was a character on a TV sitcom named Bailey Quarters. (WKRP in Cinncinati) I loved the name. Back then Bailey was an unusual name. Now lots of dogs seemed to be named Bailey.

Cincy'sMom
05-20-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Rachel
In 1981 when I named my Bailey there was a character on a TV sitcom named Bailey Quarters. (WKRP in Cinncinati) I loved the name. Back then Bailey was an unusual name. Now lots of dogs seemed to be named Bailey.

Two dogs in my neighborhood growing up were named Bailey..a doberman (RB) and an australian shepard mix (now about 5 years old) There was also a spaniel behind the house I live in now named Bailey...but we aren't sure what happened to him :(

jackiesdaisy1935
05-21-2002, 10:03 AM
We had a Rottweiler named "Kate" after Katherine Hepburn and "Daisy" is named after the charactor in the movie Driving Miss Daisy.
Unfortunately Perry was named by the breeder and he was named after the famous champagne "Dom Perignon"
Jackie