PDA

View Full Version : Meet..

Roxyluvsme13
07-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Panic! Okay, his full name is Panic! At the Disco after the band, but Panic for short :p. They were supposed to charge me $5.99, seeing as he's a Crowntail, but they only charged $3.49, AND the guy asked me if he was a male or female.. :rolleyes:. Yeah, I'll have pictures up of him in a bit.

petslover
07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
oh wow.. congrats on the brand new addition to your family.

can't wait to see pictures!!

Argranade
07-23-2006, 03:48 PM
Wow you got him already :eek:

That shur was fast lol cant wait fir the pics.

**waits for pics**...................

Roxyluvsme13
07-23-2006, 05:06 PM
Pics -

Chilli
07-23-2006, 05:14 PM
He's lovely! O:

Zippy
07-23-2006, 05:26 PM
He is beautiful :)

lute
07-23-2006, 07:21 PM
wow! he's very nice!

BCollie_Kelly
07-23-2006, 10:11 PM
Wow, he is gorgeous!

joanofark
07-24-2006, 03:04 PM
pretty!! I like the name!! And the band! :p

Aquamarine
07-24-2006, 03:48 PM
Ooooh what a gorgeous little dude you got there! :D

chocolatepuppy
07-24-2006, 07:13 PM
He is gorgeous! :D

jesse_3
07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
He is gorgeous!!! I love his name, and of course the band is great too!:D That is kinda sad that the person didn't know if he was a boy or a girl...talk about embarrassing for him! I remember when I got Lomasi, they kept checking to make sure she wasn't this little algae eater dude!!

Steph, Xambi, and Sapphire

bckrazy
07-24-2006, 10:25 PM
Honestly, I have nothing to say. He's a very cute boy... but it is painful to see this again & again.

I'm sorry, in advance. But, let's be honest here - How is it that you cannot afford cat food for Skye or better dog food for Lily & Roxy, or you don't have enough time to walk Roxy more often, but you can afford to keep buying Bettas & doing daily water changes? $5 here and there, $10 here and there for tanks and for water treatments and food, $20 here and there for a hamster and it's cage ADDS UP to money you could've spent on the pets that you orginally had... and you admit need more care & attention.

Please stop. :( It is not fair to your current pets, or your new pets. I would *never* have ventured into Bettas unless I had more than enough time & resources for my dogs, I would sell every last one of my Bettas in a second if I felt my dogs were not as healthy, happy & fed the best food possible. You need to start considering that, and act more responsibly, in my opinion.

buttercup132
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Honestly, I have nothing to say. He's a very cute boy... but it is painful to see this again & again.

I'm sorry, in advance. But, let's be honest here - How is it that you cannot afford cat food for Skye or better dog food for Lily & Roxy, or you don't have enough time to walk Roxy more often, but you can afford to keep buying Bettas & doing daily water changes? $5 here and there, $10 here and there for tanks and for water treatments and food, $20 here and there for a hamster and it's cage ADDS UP to money you could've spent on the pets that you orginally had... and you admit need more care & attention.

Please stop. :( It is not fair to your current pets, or your new pets. I would *never* have ventured into Bettas unless I had more than enough time & resources for my dogs, I would sell every last one of my Bettas in a second if I felt my dogs were not as healthy, happy & fed the best food possible. You need to start considering that, and act more responsibly, in my opinion.
DITTO DITTO DITTO!!!!!
:)

Flatcoatluver
07-24-2006, 10:29 PM

Thank you, I feel sorry for your dogs and Skye. Poor girls. Yes you love bettas, but this is pushing it. Isn't Roxy yours? Shouldn't you care for her because she is your baby and she depends on you? One is a lot of bettas when you are low on money.

Roxyluvsme13
07-24-2006, 11:38 PM
:rolleyes:
Great another argument.
I panic over everything easily, and Skye not having cat food wasn't a big deal at all. We got her some the very same day.. :rolleyes:. You honestly don't know how well my pets are taken care of. You just have my word, pictures, etc.. to go by, and half of their care I don't even talk about on here. I just spent $30 on all of my pets the other day. They all got new treats, toys, etc. I walk Roxy ALMOST every day. It's not my fault about Roxy or Lily's food, and I'm not allowed to buy their dog food. Even if I saved up every last penny I had, I would never have enough no matter what any of you say. I got my hamster a long time before I started into bettas. I already had a cage, and I bought him with some leftover money after all my pets were properly cared for. I do know my limit, and my pets are cared for to the best of my own ability of their control.

I'm so tired of arguing and getting yelled at when you don't know half the story.

buttercup132
07-25-2006, 08:11 AM
I'm so tired of arguing and getting yelled at when you don't know half the story Then instead of us having to go by what you say why dont you tell us the whole story!!??
I dont understand why you wouldnt instead of getting "yelled" at. I dont think your pets are all well taken care of....

Roxyluvsme13
07-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Then instead of us having to go by what you say why dont you tell us the whole story!!??
I dont understand why you wouldnt instead of getting "yelled" at. I dont think your pets are all well taken care of....
Because it's none of your business, especially yours.

CagneyDog
07-25-2006, 11:06 AM
I love its colors!

Anita Cholaine
07-25-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm so tired of arguing and getting yelled at when you don't know half the story.

Honestly Bri, I don't think anybody is yelling at you. Maybe, instead of feeling attacked, you should try to understand why Breanne or Alicia are telling you this. If one day you say that you can't afford good food for your pups, and the next day you're getting more bettas, of course people will worry about your pets.
And, I'm not trying to argue, I just wanted to say what I think...

buttercup132
07-25-2006, 05:48 PM
Honestly Bri, I don't think anybody is yelling at you. Maybe, instead of feeling attacked, you should try to understand why Breanne or Alicia are telling you this. If one day you say that you can't afford good food for your pups, and the next day you're getting more bettas, of course people will worry about your pets.
And, I'm not trying to argue, I just wanted to say what I think...Thank you!!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-25-2006, 11:00 PM
And, I'm not trying to argue, I just wanted to say what I think...
I know that's what they're trying to get across, but they're not doing a very good job, and it's just making me feel extremely offended when I'm doing the best I can for all my pets, and new additions don't make any difference. I still try my best to get Roxy inside, on a better food, and whatever else you people think is wrong with her, but honestly arguing is just getting me grounded. It's not going anywhere no matter how hard I try, but nobody seems to believe that.. :rolleyes:

zoomer
07-26-2006, 09:58 AM
He's really cool! I love his coloring.

bckrazy
07-26-2006, 06:22 PM
Honestly, Briana, I do not want to argue with you! But when you are constantly posting about how crappy Roxy's food is, how crappy her health is, how much you hate her being outside, etc, etc... why wouldn't some of us be concerned? 7 Bettas *do* make a difference. Being at least $15/Betta, including tanks & such, that is over $100. And, I know that I spends hours on WC's, and you do too.

I'm sorry... but one short walk "usually" is sad. It is. You can't expect that to be mentally or physically satisfying for your dog. And you've admitted that. It just gets old when you complain a lot (and I totally understand why you're complaining), but it seems like nothing is getting done! I can only go by what you've told me, and that doesn't settle well with me, I apologize for caring. I just feel, that if you put in the hour per day instead of feeding/staring at/cleaning fish tanks, and put that into your dogs it would benefit them greatly. Or helping out around your house. Or buying a crate so Roxy can sleep indoors. =( It's sad that you just feel "we are not doing a very good job" trying to convince you to dedicate more time, effort, & money to your current pets before adding more to your life. IMO, we shouldn't have to convince you, and you are making up excuses and turning a deaf ear to what you don't want to hear.

Aspen and Misty
07-26-2006, 06:31 PM
I walk Roxy ALMOST every day.

:( Poor Roxy. I can't imagine what it would be like to stay on a chain my whole life and the person who cares for me think that being walked ALMOST every day is enough. I'm not trying to be mean. I just feel for her :(

Ash

Zippy
07-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Roxy is chained outside all day everyday. :confused:

Jadapit
07-26-2006, 07:00 PM
:( Poor Roxy. I can't imagine what it would be like to stay on a chain my whole life and the person who cares for me think that being walked ALMOST every day is enough. I'm not trying to be mean. I just feel for her :(

Ash

I agree, I own a pit and a pit mix so I know first hand how much energy they have its a LOT. My dogs do have a fenced yard and they are allowed in the house BUT I still walk them every day 7 days a week. I walk them for an hour and a half up to two hours. I take all three of them at once. If I can do it Bri, so can you. I'm not trying to be mean to you at all but I also feel so bad for sweet Roxy. When you post pictures of her she is often looking off in the distance with such a sad look on her face, like she just wants to be free of the chain for awhile. It really makes me so sad. :(

CagneyDog
07-26-2006, 07:20 PM
Honestly guys, you all know my stance on this issue but really, give it a rest. Bri knows that there is an issue with Roxy and her other pets, she has been told that a million times. It's now up to her to change it, nothing we can do over the internet will be able to help that. Instead of trying to drill the same facts into her head over and over again lets put that past and either A) don't look at the threads if it bothers you or B) Reply in a postive manner. Is it right whats going on? No, but repeating the same "Roxy lives outside stuff" is getting tiring.

GreyhoundGirl
07-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Honestly guys, you all know my stance on this issue but really, give it a rest. Bri knows that there is an issue with Roxy and her other pets, she has been told that a million times. It's now up to her to change it, nothing we can do over the internet will be able to help that. Instead of trying to drill the same facts into her head over and over again lets put that past and either A) don't look at the threads if it bothers you or B) Reply in a postive manner. Is it right whats going on? No, but repeating the same "Roxy lives outside stuff" is getting tiring.

Ohhh. Ditto.

P.S. --Real cute fish, Bri !!!

Roxyluvsme13
07-26-2006, 11:16 PM
Honestly, Briana, I do not want to argue with you! But when you are constantly posting about how crappy Roxy's food is, how crappy her health is, how much you hate her being outside, etc, etc... why wouldn't some of us be concerned? 7 Bettas *do* make a difference. Being at least $15/Betta, including tanks & such, that is over $100. And, I know that I spends hours on WC's, and you do too.

I'm sorry... but one short walk "usually" is sad. It is. You can't expect that to be mentally or physically satisfying for your dog. And you've admitted that. It just gets old when you complain a lot (and I totally understand why you're complaining), but it seems like nothing is getting done! I can only go by what you've told me, and that doesn't settle well with me, I apologize for caring. I just feel, that if you put in the hour per day instead of feeding/staring at/cleaning fish tanks, and put that into your dogs it would benefit them greatly. Or helping out around your house. Or buying a crate so Roxy can sleep indoors. =( It's sad that you just feel "we are not doing a very good job" trying to convince you to dedicate more time, effort, & money to your current pets before adding more to your life. IMO, we shouldn't have to convince you, and you are making up excuses and turning a deaf ear to what you don't want to hear.

Her health is basically fine, seeing as she has no joint, hip, eye, problems, it's just her teeth, but I'm working on that. I've never spent $15 per betta supplies.. Things are really cheap around here. The most I've spent on ONE betta was $12 + $4.99 tank, $1.99 plant, but I got that as a birthday present from my dad. I never spend hours on water changes either.. :confused:. It only takes me about 20 minutes or so. I don't have a choice of walking Roxy every single day, because we would both get heat stroke on some days, and I do have medical problems where somedays I can't walk. As said, I never ever spend an hour staring at, cleaning, or feeding the fish. I mean hey it's only 7. I do help out around the house. Even if Roxy had a crate my mom wouldn't let her sleep inside. She would cry all night, and I literally don't have the time to spend crate training her, AND she chews through them. She gets stressed and panics in a crate.. I think she's had bad crate experiences before we adopted her. The reason you're not doing a good job is because as I've said and I'll say again, my mom's never going to change her mind. Roxy is basically housetrained (I've just learned so recently), She's a good dog, and she has manners, but that doesn't phase my mom one single bit. She always says Roxy is meant to be an outside dog, she has fleas and she stinks.
I even offered to give her a bath, and buy her a crate, but I'm not allowed to. I'm not making up excuses, it's just the honest truth. :rolleyes:. aND I'm also listening to every single word typed in this thread, but my mom's never going to change her mind.

bckrazy
07-27-2006, 01:39 AM
"I literally don't have the time to spend crate training her..."

But you do have the time to post 15+ times on Pet Talk per day? You mentioned that Roxy's weight is erratic, as well as her teeth & overall health being poor. I'm just the type that gets easily concerned when, one minute you act like there is a HUGE problem here and people are pouring out 10 pages of information & answers for you, spending tons of time... then the next minute it is down-played as nothing, and you're doing nothing wrong, and your Mom is the only one to blame.

"I'm tired of the kibble crap. It's gross and it's destroying my babies."

Please print this out and put it on the fridge or something for your Mom: http://dogfoodproject.com/index.php?page=costfactors

I'm done with this. I hope you are trying, at least. You aren't a child, honestly, I was taking care of Gonzo as a puppy when I was 13... that includes paying for premium kibble, even if I did not have to, because I earned money. And you *should* be able to change some things about how YOUR pets are kept. You are 4 years away from being an adult. Honestly. If you choose to acquire more Bettas or spawn them, I can't promise that won't basically make me sick.

JenBKR
07-27-2006, 08:50 AM

Ditto. Honestly guys, haven't we been down this road before? Why oh why do we keep having to do this? Remember, she's 13 years old. Not everyone matures at the same rate...I can honestly say I was not mature enough at all to take care of an amimal at 13. I just wanted to go hang out with my friends and act cool. Maturity comes with time, and everyone's different. So give it a rest already, she's heard all the arguments.

Beautiful fish, by the way :)

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2006, 09:44 AM
She always says Roxy is meant to be an outside dog, she has fleas and she stinks.

I think its her Mum we should be advising................

Roxyluvsme13
07-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I already said nothing's going to change my mom's mind, and I don't see why nobody gets that through their head. If you want to tell my mom all this stuff then that's fine with me, but I've done everything I possibly can.