PDA

View Full Version : is Happy allowed to be this smart? lol

cali
07-23-2006, 12:25 PM
well? is she? last night I tried teaching Misty to hold an object, instead of dropping it immedietly, but then Sdaie came home and Misty got distracted and Happy butted in lol so I figer hey why not have another go and teaching her "left" and "right" first I tried throwing the toy to the right and saying "go right" but Happy just looked at me like "thats not my command for fetch" lol so I tried something else. I took 2 hoola hoops placed one on the right and one on the left and I sat front and center, show happy a couple times whch was right and whicj was left, within minutes I could say "left..center...left..right..center...right...left. .right" etc... and she would do it, so then I said "left of center"..and she moved to thje left of the center lol then I side "far right" and she moved far to the right... ok so she has got it down in this spot, so I moved and switched directions on her so the previous left was now my right, and I gave the commands again... and to my suprise even with the directions flipped she still moved to MY right and MY left, so then I moved to the front yard and stood up and gave the commands still no problems at all lol I could not believe it, I mean with Misty if I switched directions on her she would be like "huh?" and I would have to retrain it in all directions, as would be the case with most dogs lol so tell me, is Happy is alowed to be this smart? should I teach her to read next? lol

DrKym
07-23-2006, 12:31 PM
WOW she learned quicker than my kids! I am still teaching the oldest to CALL me more often! WTG ! what a treasure to have such a quick learner.

lute
07-23-2006, 02:35 PM
what a thinker! good girl! :D ...WAIT! i think i missed something. who is the cutie in the middle of your siggy? did you get a toller?

buttercup132
07-23-2006, 03:34 PM
what a thinker! good girl! :D ...WAIT! i think i missed something. who is the cutie in the middle of your siggy? did you get a toller?Theres a couple threads about her getting a Toller lol.

What a smart girl.

cali
07-23-2006, 05:39 PM
lol thats Electra and she will be here in early september :)

cyber-sibes
07-23-2006, 07:51 PM
That is impressive, what a smart girl! Well, brains and a keen desire to listen & please are supposed to be strong border-collie traits, no?

lute
07-23-2006, 08:14 PM
Theres a couple threads about her getting a Toller lol.

where have i been?!?! Electra is really cute. :)

Suki Wingy
07-24-2006, 12:47 AM
wow, I'm still having trouble with my left and right when I have to make quick decisions.

cali
07-24-2006, 01:15 AM
lol same here, the only way I know my left from my right is I wear jewlery on my right hand and my left hand is bare lol so if I forget my jewlery I get confused :p

Suki Wingy
07-24-2006, 01:36 AM
It gets bad when I'm riding a misbehaving horse and she tells me to fix it by lifting the left rein and I do the right! :p