PDA

View Full Version : Question - Rash Using Belly Bands?

kufan
07-22-2006, 10:04 PM
As some of you may remember, I just added another precious boy to my family named Snoopy. You can read his story here:
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=109031

He is doing a lot of marking (peeing) in the house - it is constant.

We plan to get him into the vet ASAP for a regular exam to make sure everything is OK with him and get him routine. AND to set him up an appt. for a neuter since he was never neutered by his previous owner.

In the meantime, we use Belly Bands. I am not sure if some you have heard of them or not. They are a band that goes around the dogs stomach area and use an absorbent pad in it to catch his pee.

I use them on my other Chi who still likes to mark in the house even though he is fixed. He does just fine with them - I have never had a problem with him using them.

But Snoopy is having a reaction. His private area and the skin around it looks like it is rashing up red. He keeps peeing a lot, and we do try and change them every time we think he peed so his urine is not rubbing up against his skin. We do not know if the uring or the band itself is causing him to rash!

Does anyone else use these or has anyone else had this problem who does use them?

I feel bad making him wear them if this is going to cause him to have this problem!!

Any advice? :confused: