PDA

View Full Version : I have a LITTLE foster too!!!

ramanth
05-20-2002, 10:19 AM
A Salamander that we found in Andy's parent's garage last night. She was so dirty and nearly dried out and could barely move. I brought her home with me (they live in the subburbs and I in the country) and I'm going to let her go in our pond after work today. :D

I dug her up a worm last night but she didn't seem interested. I checked on her this morning and she was crawling very quickly over my hands. I suspect she'll make a full recovery. :D

DoggiesAreTheBest
05-20-2002, 10:27 AM
Good luck nursing the lil salamdandor back to health!

aly
05-20-2002, 11:27 AM
How sweet of you to save the little baby's life! Maybe I should start fostering salamanders instead of kittens so I can get a decent night's sleep :D

tatsxxx11
05-20-2002, 01:52 PM
Awwwwwwwwww!!! What a kind thing to do. Hope little Sally-mander makes a full recovery and is scurrying about very soon!:)

CountryWolf07
05-20-2002, 01:58 PM
Reminds me of something I did a long time ago.. probably 3 or 4 years ago. I fostered two wild baby bunnies. I saw four in the nest, but two were killed by the crows, so I just decided to save the other two from them, so I did. I named them Peter and Paul.. Peter was tiny, but Paul was fat, hehe. I fed them, and let them go when they were ready. I kind of felt bad about having to do that, but I had to let em' go. I wonder where they are, anywhoo. Probably somewhere in the woods. - Rachel

anna_66
05-20-2002, 02:48 PM
That is so sweet of you!

CountryWolf07
05-20-2002, 03:16 PM
Thanks :) I couldn't just leave the poor lil' guys there all alone, the mother left the babies, I thinks she knew they were dead.. I couldn't resist, so I had to take them.. hehe, that shows how much I love animals, I've always loved them since I was born. My mom said that when I was a baby, I never did anything to Benny (first dog), and we were like glue, we could never be apart. - Rachel :rolleyes:

Ann
05-20-2002, 03:25 PM
Aaaw, that's so sweet of you (both of you)! :)

ramanth
05-20-2002, 03:43 PM
my family has done the same thing Countrywolf! Isn't a great feeling to save something. :D

The neighbor was tilling his field when he found the nest of babies hopping around. He tilled around the nest but the mother had already abandoned them. We went out late that night and saved what babies hadn't froze to death (it got cold that night :( )

We raised them till they were big enough and we let them go. Did the same to a nest of painter turtles. :)

I loved growing up in the country