PDA

View Full Version : demo derby??

lute
07-22-2006, 03:12 PM
anyone like demo derbys? i LOVE them! :D

Toby's my baby
07-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I haven't even been to one before!! :eek:

They have TONS of them around here, every weekend. There was one at our county fair last weekend, and I didn't get a chance to go because we had to bring the horses home, and then I got invited to go to a demo last night, but my parents wouldn't let me. :o One day, I swear, I will get a chance to go... I even have friends that have cars in the demo's....how pathetic of me...:o

k9krazee
07-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Yep!!! My dad's been doing if for 5 (?) years now! He absolutely loves it, maybe because he's really good at it, lol (he drives for a living ;) ) I've always been involved with the destruction/construction of the cars but I can never see myself actually participating. Years ago I really, really wanted to, but the time came when I was old enough, and now I don't want to :o But they are a lot of fun, I don't like the demoliton derbys where you're closed in a little area with a bunch of cars to smash as much as I like the figure eights.

Lady's Human
07-22-2006, 08:54 PM
I love demo derbies. I probably wouldn't go out of my way to watch one, but love them when they are the between race entertainment at a track.

davidpizzica
07-23-2006, 08:44 AM
I haven't been to a good demo derby in ages! I alwys like to watch them on t.v. (on ESPN). I think it would be a ball to drive in one. Aren't most of the older cars being used up?