PDA

View Full Version : Dad & Brother saved a lady and dog - REUNITED!

Kfamr
07-21-2006, 09:23 PM
Mom and I had just gotten home from the beach and got a phone call from my brother. My dad and him had been fishing all afternoon.

They had a lady and her dog in their boat that they had just saved from drowning. She was being pulled out by the current. They got her in the boat first and then she asked where he dog was. All they really got out of her was her dog's name, Vince.

The lady is in stable conditon but at the hospital of course. We have her cell phone and her dog.

Her cell phone is dead and we are trying to find a charger so we can get numbers of friends/family.

If/as soon as I find a news story I'll post a link. I've got some pictures of Vince, too. He's a very calm dog and is doing okay. He is very sweet and is starting to settle down, although still pacing. I've got my dogs put away for now.

They've given the lady our number and address for when she gets out of the hospital. We're calling the hospital now.

Whew... my heart is still racing.

Here's a quick picture of Vince.

DrKym
07-21-2006, 09:25 PM
Kudos to yur Dad and brother! It is stories like this that help restore faith in humans! Blessed Be!

Soapets
07-21-2006, 09:31 PM
WOW! They went fishing and they caught a lady AND her dog!?!?!?!? Now that's a fishing trip to remember!

I'm glad they were where they could help. Keep us posted.

Deb

Logan
07-21-2006, 09:46 PM
Oh my goodness, Kay. I think that lady lucked up on the right family. Vince is adorable. I'm so glad your dad and brother were there.

Logan

Kfamr
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
Vince has now met Kiara. They are fine.

We called the hospital and the lady is stable. We still have no contact with any of her family. No one was at the hospital yet.

Vince, Ki, and I went for a walk and Vince is much more opened up. He is now laying on our couch.

I forgot to add that this was all in the most intense part of our afternoon thunderstorms. It was raining, dark, windy, and very wavey.

Dorothy39
07-21-2006, 09:48 PM
you've got my heart racing!!

You're closer than the 11:00 news, on Channel 6!!!!

You swept me away!!!! Wow!!! Great Journalism know how!!!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-21-2006, 09:52 PM
W:)W!

WAY to GO, Guys!!!!! :D

Vince and his Mom don't know how lucky they were!

A Salute to the Rescue Team! ;)

/s/ Phred

Dorothy39
07-21-2006, 09:53 PM
Everyone is safe and sound, because of your family!!!

WOW!! Vince is so lucky to have been rescued by such a great family!!! Sensational!!!!

Your Journalism is impeccable!!!

animal_rescue
07-21-2006, 09:57 PM
Awww kudos to your family!!

The dog looks like a vizsla, poor guy must be wondering where his momma is. :(

I hope she recovers soon and I'm glad he's doing well in your home.

buttercup132
07-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Scary
cute dog , looks like a Vizala

Kfamr
07-21-2006, 10:07 PM
Yes, he's a Vizsla. My family kept asking what kind of dog he was, none of them have heard of his breed.

I'm so worried about his owner... I hope she's okay and knows her dog is okay. Everyone send a thought or two her way, okay?

Kiara joined him on the couch. He has his eyes closed but wakes up as soon as I move.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-21-2006, 10:12 PM
Kay! You father and brother are HEROS!!! (I'm sure you've already figured that out, lol) Bless your family's hearts for saving the poor lady, and taking in her beautiful Vince. Vince is just adorable, and I love the picture of him and Kiara laying on the couch together.
Keep us updated!

Dorothy39
07-21-2006, 10:14 PM
You're better than the evening news!!!

WOW!! What a Great Report!!!! You saw it here first , on Pet Talk, on a monitor near You.

Sensational coverage!!!!!

Bengalz
07-21-2006, 10:28 PM
Vince and his mommy sure are lucky to be here thanks to your Dad and Brother. Poor pup must be so confused. He is in the best place for now and things will work out fine. I'm guessing your puppers will have him smiling in no time.

Kay, you and your family are wonderful to assist this lady. I'm sure she will be forever grateful. :)

Take care and try not to worry so much - everyone is safe now.

Hugs,
Betty

Dorothy39
07-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Vince and his mommy sure are lucky to be here thanks to your Dad and Brother. Poor pup must be so confused. He is in the best place for now and things will work out fine. I'm guessing your puppers will have him smiling in no time.

Kay, you and your family are wonderful to assist this lady. I'm sure she will be forever grateful. :)

Take care and try not to worry so much - everyone is safe now.

Hugs,
Betty
that was a great response!!!

Kfamr-- Please let us know , the rest of the story!!!

caseysmom
07-21-2006, 11:23 PM
Kay, I am so glad your Dad and Brother were in the right place at the right time, thank god. Give them big hugs.

slleipnir
07-22-2006, 08:23 AM
OMG, thank god for your dad and brother!!! How scary for the lady! I'm glad they were able to save her. Who knows if anyone else would have found them? The dog looks like such a sweety, too.

ChrisH
07-22-2006, 08:37 AM
Your dad and brother, hero's both, many kudos to them.

cyber-sibes
07-22-2006, 09:12 AM
Wow, sounds like a close call! A round of applause for your dad & brother - God bless them both for their heroic deed! Will keep sending good vibes and a prayer for that poor woman and Vince. He must think he's landed in some kind of doggie haven, but he sure wil be glad to see his mom again. :D

Pembroke_Corgi
07-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Good thing they were there to help her! I'm hoping she makes a speedy recovery. I'm sure she will be so grateful that she was saved, and her dog, who I'm sure she must have been frantic about. I know I would be!

Corinna
07-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Any word today on the owner and family? Ki looks like she wants to keep her new freind.

wolf_Q
07-22-2006, 09:46 AM
Wow, thats wonderful that your dad and brother were able to save her and her dog! I hope she's doing better now. Vince looks happy to be at your house, he sure is cute.

buttercup132
07-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Any news? I hope the lady is ok.
Kiki and Vincent make a cute couple:)

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 10:11 AM
We've been calling around all morning trying to get some information about this lady and her dog.

The hospital can't give us anything because we don't even know the lady's name. They did last night, but it's a whole different crew this morning. Mom's trying to fire department right now.

Vince slept on my bed all night - took up the whole thing but I didn't want to bother him. He's been playing this morning and acting like he lives here. :p

He's laying next to me right now. I want to feed him but I don't know WHAT to feed him. What if he has allergies or something? What if he gets incredibly sick from whatever I feed him?

Anyways.. going to go talk to my mom and see if she's gotten anywhere.

Here's a few pictures from this morning.

ramanth
07-22-2006, 10:18 AM
What a sweet baby Vince is! Your dad and brother are heros!!! What great thing they did.

Was Vince swimming with her?

I hope she's okay and recovers quickly.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Yes, according to my dad Vince was swimming circles around her. He swam to shore after they got her in the boat. If he hadn't been there she probably would have been far worse... I bet he was helping to keep her up.

We still cannot find anything out. We've called about 20 different places, spoke with 10 different people and 10 different recordings. Everyone keeps directing us to someone else and that someone has no clue what we're talking about.

I forgot, today I've got to watch my sister's boyfriend's parent's dog, Moose, today.

caseysmom
07-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Kay I would feed him whatever just to get some food in him he must be hungry.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 10:36 AM
I just fed him a sample I had of California Natural Chicken Meal & Rice.

He gobbled it up and is now drinking a bowl of water. He wouldn't take any kibble last night. I gave him a handful and he didn't want it.

caseysmom
07-22-2006, 10:38 AM
That food shouldn't bother him Casey does fine with that and she has a sensitive tummy. He was probably out of sorts last night now he probably feels comfortable. So is the lady coherent or is she in a coma?

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 10:41 AM
We don't know. We can't get ahold of anyone like I said.

zoey
07-22-2006, 10:45 AM
That's a wonderful story! Your dad and brother have done a wonderful thing by saving these two. As a near-drowning victim, i know how terrifying it is. And what a miracle it feels like when to be rescued. Then, to care for the dog too, well you all should be applauded!!! :D :D :D

Cataholic
07-22-2006, 11:19 AM
WOW! Great job to your brother and dad, and to you for taking care of Vince. I sure hope someone contacts you soon. Do you think you could call any of the numbers she has stored in her cell phone, or recently dialed ones, to get any more info?

lizbud
07-22-2006, 11:26 AM
Your Dad & brother are life savers for sure. :) I wonder if the hospital
has told the woman about where Vince is now.When the lady recovers,
I'm sure she would be worried about her dog. I hope your Mom can explain
things to the hospital & relay a message for you.

Zippy
07-22-2006, 11:30 AM
Thank God your dad and brother were fishing in that spot.They are Heros.I will send prayers for the dog's owner

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Her cellphone is dead. My brother first called the most recent dialed and recieved number. It was some guy and he acted like he didn't care.
We tried finding a charger compatible with it - we have lots laying around - but none worked.

We called the pet beach she was at and they so far are the only ones who knew what the heck we were talking about. They are going to call us as soon as they find something out.

Vince has now met all of The Muttlies and they are fine. We're going to have 5 dogs in the house today!

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Here's a picture of all four. STILL no info on the lady.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/Ohio230.jpg

caseysmom
07-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Your dogs are so mellow just accepting another guy like that, I am glad you aren't having any issues with that, I think my Casey would have a fit.

jazzcat
07-22-2006, 12:07 PM
Wow Kay, that's an amazing story.

Have you guys tried calling the police? They would be able to find out who she is if they will help. Or if nothing else call the newspaper and tell them the story, they would probably find out for you and love to print the story. Just a thought.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 12:51 PM
My neighbor works for the news station - she has a news crew coming over at 4 today.

Pam
07-22-2006, 12:56 PM
In all of Florida this couldn't have happened in a better place (that is, if it had to happen at all). If I was in that lady's situation I would most definitely want you taking care of Bella and Ripley. I hope she will be fine. Your dad and brother are heros and I hope they get to be on TV. Woohoo! Please update us when you can about the lady's condition.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 01:30 PM
We still have no information on her health, however we found out that she is from Hondouras. :eek: The cell phone's area code lead to there. My mother
& sister are out shopping for a charger for the phone to see if we can call someone she knows.

The police are no help - all they asked is if we wanted them to come and pick up her "property" (the cell & "Vince.") We told them no as we'd rather the dog stay here now that's he's comfortable rather than being tossed around.

We don't even know if Vince is his real name - my dad told me that he wasn't sure, the lady may have been saying Vizsla. He doesn't pay much attention to it, but he does come whenever I talk to him. He knows English - sit, lay, shake is what I've gotten out of him.

We don't mind caring for Vince - we just want to get in touch with this lady and make sure she is okay.

Toby's my baby
07-22-2006, 01:51 PM
It is so great that you guys are so helpful, and that your dad and brother were in the right place at the right time.

Thoughts and prayers comming everyones way, I hope you can find some info out about the owner! It's good to know "Vince" is in good hands.

Ginger's Mom
07-22-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh Kay, you and your family really are heroes. How nice of you to take such good care of Vince. I can't think of anyone I would rather have caring for my baby.

Kay, I know they probably aren't sharing a lot of information with you, but have the police tried to trace the cell phone? They can find out who the lady is and where she lives through the cell phone company (if it isn't a pay as you go phone). Was there a car that was left at the dog beach overnight? :confused: I just can't believe they aren't interested in helping to identify the woman. Oh well, I wish I lived down there so I could see all of you on the news. Pet Talk Heroes!!! :)

ETA: Oh I forgot to say I love the picture of all four of them on the couch. How cute!

Corinna
07-22-2006, 02:54 PM
This is starting to sound like that Signfeld episode. The one with Farfull.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 03:00 PM
Well, we got a charger for the phone and got in contact with the ladie's father. He lives in Cape Code, she lives down here alone with Vince.

Apparently, she released herself against doctor's orders. She got picked up by the police and arrested for some charges that we don't know about at the moment.

The dog's name is indeed Vince - Vincezo.. or something. I'm not sure how to spell it but it's pronounced Vin-cess-zo.

Wow.. could it get anymore bizzare? We don't know what we're going to do, but apparently there's a news crew in a few minutes.

Bengalz
07-22-2006, 03:18 PM
Kay,

Have you thought about Photo Journalism as a career / profession. With your talent and skills and your compassionate nature, you would make an inspiring journalist :)

It's sad to hear the woman may have been involved in some problems or is perhaps ill. I hope you can get the situation cleared up soon.

As for Vincenzo - I repeat myself .... he is one lucky pup to have landed in your household with your family. Your doggies are amazing and so gracious.

Betty

.sarah
07-22-2006, 03:59 PM
Wow, what a neat story! Vince looks very comfortable with the Muttlies. Hope everything is going well with the news crew. Can't wait for another update! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-22-2006, 04:01 PM
Wow. That's horrible that she was arrested... I wonder what she did. Hmmm....
Tell us everything about the news story, if you can!

king2005
07-22-2006, 04:49 PM
I hope all works out.

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Well, he's with mom now. They were very excited to see eachother.

We talked for a bit, she said thank yous, and then they headed off.

We were on the 11 news but they have not posted anything online yet. I will post the link as soo as they do.

Mom told me she didn't feel right about it "He would have been happier here."
Do I smell a 4th dog? LOL Yeah right.

caseysmom
07-22-2006, 11:17 PM
Well he looked like he was healthy so hopefully he is well taken care of. You need a black dog to even out the bunch anyhow :p

Kfamr
07-22-2006, 11:24 PM
Well he looked like he was healthy so hopefully he is well taken care of. You need a black dog to even out the bunch anyhow :p

Just a small hint to my dad... I've been watching this girl online:
http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=6468901
She's full grown and only 35 lbs.
I know he's reading. ;)

My mom feels like a part of her is gone, she said. We really did grow attached to him in such a short amount of time. He started getting protective of me the past half hour or so. He didn't like when one of my dogs came near to me.

I know for sure I'll miss him. When we came in from handing him off to his owners, I kissed each of my three and told them how wonderful they are. They truely are amazing to just let another dog in our home.

caseysmom
07-22-2006, 11:27 PM
Well Kay's Dad...(sorry don't remember your username) bless you for helping that woman and her dog.

Now go get Jerry! hehe

Karen
07-22-2006, 11:51 PM
Oh, we so love a happy ending! :) He did look like a healthy, loved dog, and because your Dad and brother were there to save her, and then took him, too, she survived AND they got reunited. Happy Day! Happy! Happy Day!

molucass
07-23-2006, 12:42 AM
I havent been around all day long, so I'm just now reading this.

I'm so glad your dad and brother were able to save the lady and Vince.
He's a beautiful dog.

Good for all of you for working so hard to do everything you could for him and his Mom.

Rachel
07-23-2006, 09:08 AM
It is so awesome that your dad and brother saved a life and rescued a dog in jeopardy. What a meaningful accomplishment! I'm certain that you are very proud of them. It is not a surprise that you and your family stepped up to the plate to take care of this dog in need. We, as your extended Pet Talk Family, are very proud of you.

Zippy
07-23-2006, 09:15 AM
I saw your dad on the news!!!!!!
I am happy everthing worked out.

sirrahbed
07-23-2006, 10:01 AM
Kay I agree with Bengalz - that we may someday follow your career as a Photo Journalist. This thread has been compelling to follow. This story had heroes, intrigue, adventure, human/canine interest, and YES, a happy ending!! :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-23-2006, 10:38 AM
Now that's a very happy ending! It's amazing how you can get attached to someone else's dog, isn't it? :D Glad everything worked out for Vince!

cyber-sibes
07-23-2006, 01:00 PM
:D A happy ending! All the pups looked quite cozy together on the couch, maybe Vince wil come back for a visit sometime. Good job, Muttlie Crew!

gemini9961
07-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Hey Kay,

I have been following this but am just posting now. Having met your Dad I know he wouldn't have done anything else but what he did. Well done to him and your brother. And to the Muttlies, how nice of them for being so gracious and sharing their couch and toys. I'm glad it all worked out and as for the little shelter pup you have your eyes on......I can see her being your "Mom's girl". :D Hint, hint. She is awfully cute and looks like a good size/playmate for Ki.

Amber

Russian Blue
07-23-2006, 07:42 PM
Wow...what a story. It's always nice to hear a happy ending and that you may get an additional furkid as well! ;) I also love the fact that your dogs took on the new addition so easily. What a wonderful furfamily!

ramanth
07-23-2006, 09:48 PM
Bitter sweet indeed. I'm happy the lady is okay and was reunited with Vince.

Dorothy39
07-23-2006, 10:34 PM
kfamr,

Without a doubt, this thread was absolutely captivating!!! I tried to google the article on WFTV Channel 9 in Orlando, as well as channel 4!!! :confused:

You are a budding journalist!!!!!!

I know I got the real story here on Pet Talk, so I need to congratuate you and your family for such a display of heroism!!!!!

Well done!!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-24-2006, 09:58 AM
Wow, Kay, what an exciting weekend! I'm SO glad your dad and brother were there at the right time to save this lady, and I'm glad everything turned out ok for her and Vince. :)

Kfamr
07-26-2006, 05:39 PM
We got a letter in the mail today.

It was from her parents - they thanked us for saving their daughter and taking care of their precious Vicenzo. They also sent along a gift certificate for a restaurant. They seem very grateful.

CagneyDog
07-26-2006, 05:48 PM
How did I miss this!

That's great that the dog is back with it's owner. Is the women doing okay?

My Peanuts
07-26-2006, 06:08 PM
How the heck did I miss this!?! Kay, you and your family are truly good people.

Mom told me she didn't feel right about it "He would have been happier here."
Do I smell a 4th dog? LOL Yeah right.

Yeah right? That's what I said when I wanted Harley (2nd dog) and now I have 4! :p :D

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-27-2006, 05:00 AM
Awwww , just saw this thread (I was in France last week!). Thank you so much for what you your folks did for Vince and his mommy!! You all deserve a medal, including your dogs!!

Pawsitive Thinking
07-27-2006, 05:03 AM
Fantastic - well done Dad and Brother!!

JenBKR
07-27-2006, 08:55 AM
I somehow missed this thread - wow Kay, that's just amazing. Vince sure is a handsome pup. You must be very proud of your father & brother, that was very courageous of them :)