PDA

View Full Version : Paint Shop Pro/Photoshop Questions and Advice

mustlovedogs
07-21-2006, 11:55 AM
I know that the title looks alot like Kirsten's camera thread, and I'm truly not trying to copy her, but I thought that she had a great idea and I hope no-one would mind if I made a PSP/Photoshop thread like the camera thread. I really hope no-one minds!

The reason I made this thread is because I am still very new to my Paint Shop Pro, and I need some help...and I thought that many others would need help with things, too. :) I know that alot of people have PSP or Photoshop. :) I have a couple questions...

How do you perfectly cut around something in a picture, say like a dog, so you just have the dog and not the background?

How do you put more than one picture into a signature?

Thanks very much! :)

Roxyluvsme13
07-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Ooh yay this could be useful. I truly miss Photoshop so I'm back to PSP. Basically the same things as Photoshop except for a few minor details.

How do you perfectly cut around something in a picture, say like a dog, so you just have the dog and not the background? You use the freehand selection tool. It looks like a little lasso, and its from the dropdown menu of the rectangular marquee tool. You'll want it set to smart edge, edge seeker, or point to point, DON'T use freehand or you will end up with a huge mess.

How do you put more than one picture into a signature? You copy and paste them, lol.

Anymore questions? ;)

Some of my own personal tips..

I adjust hue and saturation ALOT, as I do brightness and contrast.
Some fonts just work, some don't. :p
That's all I got right now. Hope I helped someone.

mustlovedogs
07-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Ooh yay this could be useful. I truly miss Photoshop so I'm back to PSP. Basically the same things as Photoshop except for a few minor details.

How do you perfectly cut around something in a picture, say like a dog, so you just have the dog and not the background? You use the freehand selection tool. It looks like a little lasso, and its from the dropdown menu of the rectangular marquee tool. You'll want it set to smart edge, edge seeker, or point to point, DON'T use freehand or you will end up with a huge mess.

How do you put more than one picture into a signature? You copy and paste them, lol.

Anymore questions? ;)

Some of my own personal tips..

I adjust hue and saturation ALOT, as I do brightness and contrast.
Some fonts just work, some don't. :p
That's all I got right now. Hope I helped someone.

Thank you so much! :D Sorry about the overload with questions lately, I just haven't been understanding my PSP very well, lol!