PDA

View Full Version : Beau's appetite...

Glacier
07-20-2006, 09:33 PM
I don't think tapazole works this fast, but Beau's appetite is returning with a vengance. I've been offering him some canned food a few times a day. All the cats get a few tablespoons of it in the mornings, but since Beau seems to prefer canned over kibble, I've been offering him extra. Last week, he would just sniff and walk away. Over the weekend, he would eat a few bites and then wander off. Yesterday he ate a bit more in the middle of the afternoon(I was home sick).

I work from 8-6. When I got home tonight, I was met by a yowling ball of hungry tabby! Beau ate almost a full can of Fancy Feast whitefish and tuna flavor. He left maybe a quarter of the can for the other cats. Then an hour later, while I was getting the dogs' dinner ready, Beau was at my feet screeching--he ate a bunch more canned food. None of it is the low protien stuff he's supposed to be eating, but I think it's probably more important that he just eat at this point! He weighs 7.5 pounds and really at double that he wouldn't be a fat cat!!

ShylanHal
07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
I'm glad Beau is eating more!
I read the last thread about all the confusion with the doctors, I would have hated to have put up with that with ANY cat! I would have done it, of course, but for it to be an older cat, new to my home, it would have been a heartbreaking experience, to find I was losing a friend so soon.

I'm so glad you'll be spending more years with what seems like a wonderful cat!

Bengalz
07-20-2006, 09:48 PM
Beau is making up for lost time (and lost hunger) :D So great to hear he's doing so well. You will have feeling like a youngin' in no time at all ;)

Great to hear such good news.

Betty

Catty1
07-20-2006, 09:58 PM
I can see it now - Big Bouncy Beau!

Yowling Tabby - that sounds like health and feistiness! Go Beau!

Catty1

G535
07-20-2006, 10:19 PM
Good news, glad he's feeling better! :)

orangemm
07-21-2006, 04:41 AM
Looks like you'll have to go grocery shopping this weekend! Beau will want his 3 squares ON TIME!

My Binky LOVES FF. They have a new "gourmet" variety that he scarfs down without hesitation (of course, it is more $$).

Keep on keepin' on, Beau! We want you fat & sassy! :D

Maresche
07-21-2006, 07:17 AM
I'm very glad to hear he's eating again and much more at that. ^_^ Next thing you know, he'll be eating you out of house and home.

Queen of Poop
07-21-2006, 07:51 AM
Awesome news!!! So glad he's come around to eating again. That can only be a good sign. Guess you'd better stock up on the canned food, sounds like he won't take wait or no for an answer.

catmandu
07-21-2006, 08:32 AM
The Pet Angels have put Beau on thier Wheels On Wings program where they will bring Beau some treats from the Restaurants they visit and put them on Beaus Fancy Feast , to give thier friend Beau an appetite.
Last night it was grilled char as they are touring the Yukon.
We are all praying that Big Beau will be all right.

catnapper
07-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Go Beau! My tabbies had a little talk with him and told him that its a tabby's job to scream for food (just wait til I get that phone bill! :eek: ) It seemed Beau listened to what they said and he asked lots of questions. Allen said he was hesitant at first, not sure he had it in him to demand food like that from his wonderful new meowmie... he worried she would think he was rude. Harry assured him that yowling actually makes meowmies love them more! Sounds like their little chat helped! :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-21-2006, 09:12 AM
What wonderful news! Sounds like Beau would fit right in at my house these days. :D

Keep eating, Beau! :D