PDA

View Full Version : What will you name your kids?

CagneyDog
07-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Or if you already have kids, what are their names?

Right now for a girl I love Adrienne, and for a boy I like Luke.

Miss Z
07-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Lydia or Venetia are names I would love to call a daughter someday :)

Flatcoatluver
07-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I love the names Madison and Preston. But I know that Madison is getting really popular, so it will change for sure. I also love Bridget.

buttercup132
07-20-2006, 03:48 PM
For a girl Bambi

I like different names.

For boy I dont know

JenBKR
07-20-2006, 03:52 PM
I like Madison or Morgan for a girl, but like Flatcoatlover said those names are becoming popular now, so not sure. When I do get pregnant I'll probably pour over one of those baby name books :D

Funny side note...my friend and her husband had names picked out for when they had kids, and the name for the boy was going to be Tye....and their last name is Pennington lol

sparks19
07-20-2006, 03:57 PM
For a boy, Caleb.

I don't have anything picked out for a girl

The_Duck
07-20-2006, 04:04 PM
Not planning on having kids unless I adopt them, but... Here are some names I like.

Boys
- Levi
- Tucker
- Landon
- Cole
- Silas
- Elijah
- Colton
- Wesley
- Malachi
- Blake

Girls
- Micah
- Skylar
- Jordan
- Riley
- Taylor
- Jme (pronounced Jaime)
- Harley
- Kyle
- Hayden
- Mackenzie

animal_rescue
07-20-2006, 04:06 PM
For a girl I love
Charlotte
West
Sophie

For a boy I love
Carter
Dominic
Landon

Danegirl2208
07-20-2006, 04:35 PM
Ive always loved the names Dante', Aiden, and Devon (pronouced de-von) for a boy..not planning on having kids though

lute
07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
The_Duck, you are either gonna have a lot of kids or you better narrow them down.lol

i personally will never have kids, but i've always liked the name Jenna or Daisy for a girl and i've never really thought of any boy names.

Aquamarine
07-20-2006, 04:38 PM
If I ever have a girl I will name her Melody...but I am clueless on boy names. :p

cocker_luva
07-20-2006, 04:50 PM
for a boy - Alan Edward the III
for a girl - Molly Serene

rizzy
07-20-2006, 05:36 PM
The girl name I like is Andrea; the rest are taken in my family. (Carissa, Becca, Steph, Emma)

The boy names I love are Logan Wallace, Landan Clark, and Lance (middle name I do not know)

Chilli
07-20-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't plan on having kids. :/ But I can always use these names for dogs or cats or others of the such.

Males:
Zeb, Gideon, Paul...

Females:
Ada, Ophelia (already in use by one of my rats), and... thats all.

jenluckenbach
07-20-2006, 06:21 PM
I have no children (by choice) and won't be having any:

but for a boy it would have been David John Charles.

I like so many girl names it would be hard to choose,
But I think Monica Anna Catherine for a daughter.

Pam
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Already have two and don't plan on any more because, after all, I am a grandmom now. :o My children's names are Ryan Wade and Robyn Christine. My grandchildren are Christian Lee and Jeremy Lee. :)

dogzr#1
07-20-2006, 06:31 PM
For a girl I like the name Mary Elizabeth. My mom was going to name me that, but my dad wanted Monica Marie. He ended up winning because my mom named all my brothers.

Not to sure about a boy though. I want to name him some out of the ordinary though.

The_Duck
07-20-2006, 06:44 PM
LOL, lute. The sad thing is that there are more that I like. I don't know... there's just so many. :p Oh well. As I said, I don't plan on having kids. I just like the names. :D

jackie
07-20-2006, 07:19 PM
Stella for a girl

Javier for a boy

IRescue452
07-20-2006, 07:45 PM
There's only a 3 in 10 chance I can have kids, and if that ever happens I best have a girl. She'll be Lydia Royelle. If by some chance I'd have a boy it would probably be Rowan or another Gaelic name.

.sarah
07-20-2006, 07:46 PM
At this point I'm not planning on having kids, but that could change. The main reason I don't want kids is because teenagers these days are so ignorant, imagine what the next generation will be like! Not sure if I want to put myself through parenting someone like that.

But if I change my mind, I like Noah and Jake for a boy. I don't have any favorite girl names.

If I stick with not having kids, those names will go to pets ;)

k9krazee
07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
I never want to have kids. Nope, no way.

However, for boys I like the name Aiden and Tegan (pronounce Tay-gan)

Don't like girl's names, lol.

wolfsoul
07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Girl names - Hunter and Lorelai
Boy names - Lee and Blake

cyber-sibes
07-20-2006, 07:58 PM
LOL! I'm amazed how many of you don't ever want to have kids. :rolleyes: Well, you've got lots of years to rethink that decision when the right guy comes along. It was fun thinking up names for my two. I really love my older son's first & middle names - Daniel Orion. Long before having kids I wanted to name a boy Chrysogenies Damian - yikes, there's a mouthful! Never did have a girl, but I like the names Phoeboe, Abigail, and Gabrielle.

.sarah
07-20-2006, 08:04 PM
LOL! I'm amazed how many of you don't ever want to have kids. :rolleyes:
I think we've all realized that pets are much better ;) :p

carole
07-20-2006, 10:01 PM
My children are named Scott and Melissa.

molucass
07-20-2006, 10:23 PM
I have some girl names picked out... :p

I've always liked Ryan Alexander, Kyler James, or Zachary Blaine for a boy... But not really sure if I still like those or not.

DrKym
07-20-2006, 10:41 PM
we have Jesse Nicole (21) Tiffany Tanya (20) their kids Gabriel Michael (3) Bella Marion (8 months) and Tiffs daughter Llywellen (1) our sons Adrian Michael (9) and Alexander William (6) if we had another we would go with Nephythys Marie and a boy would be Jeddidiah Lee

finn's mom
07-21-2006, 01:35 AM
I want children, but, the names I like change all the time...I heard the name Renton for a boy the other day, I like that a lot. I love the name Julian for a boy. Girls...I think Renton would also be cool...I like super feminine names, too...like Lily. I love the name Grey for a girl...Violet Grey is a name I've recently started thinking of, too. I'm all over the place.

Argranade
07-21-2006, 01:46 AM
This is a early time to think about it but I have never wanted kids as far as I can think of I keep telling my mom Im not having kids so I wont know what it feels like having those things crying and running aorund lol.

Hopefuly no one is crazy enough to name there kid Apple or blanket lol. :rolleyes:

Aquamarine
07-21-2006, 01:55 AM
Ooooh but someone did name their daughter Apple! I cant think of who it was at the moment.

.sarah
07-21-2006, 02:21 AM
Gwenyth Paltrow is the one who named her daughter Apple.

Aquamarine
07-21-2006, 02:38 AM
Aha! See I told ya! Someone was crazy enough to name their kid Apple! Gosh...I should have known it was Gwen lol. :p

sparks19
07-21-2006, 09:59 AM
When I was young I swore I would never have children. Now that I am with my husband I cannot WAIT to have children together. Everyone says it's weird to hear me talk about having kids after all my talk of no kids lol.

Teenagers are ignorant and unrespectful because of parents. You need to teach them from day ONE how to behave appropriately. To say please and thank you etc. Also most parents don't set an example for their kids. If you are telling your kids to say please and thank you and hold doors or whatever you better be doing it yourself. Monkey see monkey do. :D

I like the name tegan someone mentioned. Thats really nice for a boy.

Someone also mentioned Ryan for a girl. LOVE IT. if I have a girl (I want all boys lol)
I want to name her Ryan.

Maresche
07-21-2006, 10:11 AM
We already have a girl, Miriam Evelyn (Mimi for short), but if we have another we are tossed up between Bridget or Abigail. Abigail is fairly common at the moment so we probably won't go with that.

For a boy, Ian Oliver is #1 on our list. Hubby's name is John Oliver and Ian is Russian for John I've been told so Hubby would have his Jr. without the Jr. :D

Rie Rie
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
I have two kids and a grandson......son's name is Cory James and my daughter's name is Ashley Marie, grandson's name is Dakota Kade.

kuhio98
07-21-2006, 10:14 AM
No kids for me either. But, when I was little, I decided I was going to have triplet girls. Their names would be April, May and June. :p

A few years later I decided I would have 1 girl and her name would be Cathryne (after my Mother) Anastasia. :rolleyes: With my last name, that would make her initials CAT. :rolleyes:

dab_20
07-21-2006, 10:21 AM
For a boy I like Luke and Morgan... and Jake. For a girl I like Gracie.

My cousin is going to have her baby August 2nd and his name will be Hayden. I really like that name.

prechrswife
07-21-2006, 12:11 PM
Our first daughter (whose picture we are hoping to see any day now) will be Mary Joyce. She will also have a second middle name, to be determined after referral.

Other girls' names: Catherine, Emily

Boys' names: Malcom (family spelling), David, Grant

Samantha Puppy
07-21-2006, 12:32 PM
My son is Aidan Joshua. Not sure what we'll name another boy. Possibly Gabriel. Or I may bite the bullet and use Benjamin and not give a rat's @$$ what anyone else says.

For girls, I love Lila Elisabeth, Rachel Victoria and Katharine Grace (Kate for short).

gemini9961
07-21-2006, 12:54 PM
Olivia for a girl, possibly Olivia Lynn.

Boys, can't decide.

.sarah
07-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Teenagers are ignorant and unrespectful because of parents.
I disagree. Friends have a lot to do with it. My brother and I grew up with the same parents in the same house, but we are polar opposites. He did/does drugs, drinks, parties, gets arrested, etc. Two years ago he went to a party and got gang beaten and now he's got a brain injury.

Me, I do none of that stuff. My parents did all they could for my brother (and still do now for his injury), but friends and environment have so much to do with it. Parents can only do so much without sheltering their child.

sparks19
07-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I disagree. Friends have a lot to do with it. My brother and I grew up with the same parents in the same house, but we are polar opposites. He did/does drugs, drinks, parties, gets arrested, etc. Two years ago he went to a party and got gang beaten and now he's got a brain injury.

Me, I do none of that stuff. My parents did all they could for my brother (and still do now for his injury), but friends and environment have so much to do with it. Parents can only do so much without sheltering their child.

first, I am a moron lol I can't believe I said unrespectful. I know it's disrespectful.

I am sorry about your brother. While I do agree that friends influence teens A LOT there still has to be a moral center built and supported by the parents. Sometimes bad things happen to good people. Really though when drugs come into play it really doesn't matter about what they were taught they aren't in any right state of mind to think about anything other than the drugs. Outside of drugs I think parents can do A LOT to keep their kids on the right path.