PDA

View Full Version : Rest In peace, my dear sweet Zsa-Zsa

Miss Z
07-19-2006, 02:17 PM
If you haven't seen Zsa-Zsa's story, please see it in cat general.

Words can't really express how I feel right now, but I must say this : I feel priveliged to have had a wonderful, gentle companion by me for my whole life, who has grown up with me and never left my side. It was her time to go, I wish there had been something we could have done, but she had to go on. She is resting in peace now and can be with her brother. I must try and stay positive, she would not want tears and sadness but she would ant celebration that she lived with me. She can be with me forever in my thoughts now.

I just wrote a very quick poem, to just dedicate to her

A Tribute to Zsa-Zsa, a friend and the most wonderful companion
Copyright © to Miss Z.V.H 2006

Her eyes were a gentle golden glow
The peaceful gaze I used to know
Would never let self-pity show
She was from Heaven sent
Her coat in proud and shimmering grey
Ultimate beauty on display
Was kept in check to the very last day
Then softly, away she went

How pretty was her angel's face
How youthful was her placid grace
How could I ever replace
Perfection quite like that?
Even though I did not doubt
The candle flame was nearly out
Now I must try to live without
My love, my life, my cat.

Rest in peace Zsa-Zsa
24.03.90 - 19.07.06
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/Zsa-Zsaandthegarden012.jpg (http://s75.photobucket.com/albums/i287/Miss_Z_rat_luver/?start=40#imgAnch44)

.sarah
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
Oh Zara, I am so sorry. Tears are flowing here. That poem is so sweet. Please accept my sincere condolences.

RIP Zsa-Zsa :(

catlover4ever
07-19-2006, 02:21 PM
I'm so sorry about Zsa-Zsa but she is at peace and free from pain now. You made a beautiful tribute to a very beautiful girl.

RIP Sweet Zsa-Zsa, you are are now restored to new health and your sight has returned. Play hard at the Bridge and keep good company with all of our wonderful furry friends that have passed before you.

smokey the elder
07-19-2006, 02:24 PM
I'm so sorry about Zsa-Zsa. There's room for another Princess at the Rainbow Bridge.

Flatcoatluver
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
Oh Zara (((hugs))) words can not express the sorrow I have for you and your family. Rip sweet Zsa-Zsa you lived such a wonderful life, play hard at the bridge.

DrKym
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
RIP Zsa-Zsa :(

Barbara
07-19-2006, 02:32 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Zsa-Zsa's passing. She will have a place in your heart furrever.

I like that poem very much. It is a wonderful tribute to her and in itself a work of art.

Logan
07-19-2006, 02:33 PM
Sweet Zsa Zsa, you are peaceful now, and pain free, but you will be missed, sweet girl. :(

Logan

Aquamarine
07-19-2006, 02:48 PM
Awww...*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss...she was a beautiful girl.

midget gem
07-19-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm so sorry about Zsa Zsa. RIP, little cat. At least you know that she has had a wonderful life with some of the loveliest people I have ever met. My thoughts are with her.

Lori Jordan
07-19-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm so sorry Darlin,It is sad loosing a loved one but be happy for her she has now crossed over and is no longer in any pain.She is now your Guardian Angel Zara she will always be there for you!The love of an animal is like no other they are faithful right until the end!
Hugs
Lori

Queen of Poop
07-19-2006, 03:03 PM
Please accept my deepest sympathy for your loss of Zsa-Zsa.

Toby's my baby
07-19-2006, 03:28 PM
I am so very sorry for your loss of Zsa-Zsa. {{Hugs}}

Craftlady
07-19-2006, 03:45 PM
So sorry for your loss, may it be a comfort to know Zsa-Zsa is playing at the bridge and no longer in pain.

Chilli
07-19-2006, 03:47 PM
Words can't express the way I feel. I want to feel happy for her, as she is free of pain, but the same time, such a sadness lurks.
The poem was oh so beautiful.... I can't think of what else to say, as now my mind is messed up from crying.
((((hugs))))

CultureJunky
07-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Rest In Peace Zsa-Zsa, you will now play at rainbow bridge with your brother and all the other pet talk cats. You are forever in the Zara's thoughts as I'm sure she is in yours

Karen
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
Rest in peace, Zsa-Zsa. Oh, Zara, as you said, you are so lucky to have grown up with such a lovely example of love and devotion, independence and grace beside you all the way, as an example to aspire to. She is lovely, and will always be a part of you, curled into a purring ball in the corner of your heart, for those moments when you most need her.

Donnaj4962
07-19-2006, 05:05 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that you loved Zsa-Zsa, and she knows that also.

RIP little one, and play hard at the RB.

ShylanHal
07-19-2006, 05:15 PM
It is a wonderful Eulogy that you made for the obviously most beloved family member I could even have heard of.
I hope that as me and Clover grow older together, we can be as close as you were to Zsa-Zsa.
Rest in peace, little one, and know that you were loved.

I'm just sad that I only recently discovered Pet Talk, for I might have been able to have heard more about her earlier on, when such things were of a happier note instead of this heartbreaking experience.

But she is away from pain now, and I'm sure she is looking after you wherever she is, waiting to be reunited when your own time comes many years from now.
She would not want you to be sad, but instead to look back on the memories you had of her with fondness, to know that you were truly loved by such a wonderful creature.

kb2yjx
07-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Please accept my sympathy(and empathy, too) on the loss of your dear Zsa-Zsa. Thank you for sharing her story and the lovely poem with us. She will always be with you. Zsa-Zsa knows that it was a heart breaking decision to make on her behalf and loves you ever more than you will ever know. Take care of yourself. Sleep softly sweet Zsa-Zsa...

Sevaede
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
R.I.P. Zsa Zsa, you will be forever missed by all of us. Soni, Isis, and Lily all meow and hope that you are getting a plentiful nip supply at the bridge. :(

Oh Zara, tears flow for your sake. I am glad that you are holding up. Maybe, in time, Zsa Zsas memory can be honoured by another kitty?

carole
07-19-2006, 05:30 PM
The poem is a beautiful heartfelt tribute to Zsa Zsa,and very well written might I say, I am very sorry to hear that she has gone to the RB, but she will be at peace now,playing alongside all the other wonderful RB kitties,my deepest sympathy to you, i know how hard it is for you and how heavy your heart feels right now, but treasure those special memories of your beloved companion, HUGS.

animal_rescue
07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
I'm so sorry hun, RIP Zsa-Zsa

jenluckenbach
07-19-2006, 05:51 PM
I am so very sorry to hear about Zsa Zsa. :( Such sad news.

The poem is lovely. Keep her memories close to heart, they will eventually heal the pain.

lizbud
07-19-2006, 06:15 PM
Just wanted to say how beautiful your tribute to Zsa Zsa was.I'm sure
she will be forever in your heart. Rest in peace sweet girl.

catmandu
07-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Zsa Zsa is with all the Pet Angels as they are touring Northern Canada.
They are in a great place with salmon ,char fish and Caribou.
She knows that what you did was hard,but she is now no longer in pain, and theres lots of good things in store for her.
And you will join again, and the friendship will never go away.
One Fine Day.

Kater
07-19-2006, 06:25 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Zsa-Zsa. I know she will forever live on in your heart. Thank you for sharing your wonderful poem. {{{HUGS}}}

RIP always, Zsa-Zsa.

Daisy and Delilah
07-19-2006, 08:08 PM
How heartbreaking to lose your lifelong friend, Zara. She was a very beautiful girl and so very loved while on this earth. Rest in Peace dear sweet Zsa Zsa and play really hard at the bridge sweetie :(

Bengalz
07-19-2006, 08:34 PM
Zara, your Zsa-Zsa was a beautiful girl and your tribute to her is, as Barbar expressed, a work of art. She will be with you in spirit forever.

Rest in Peace Little One.

Betty

moosmom
07-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Sweet Zsa Zsa, godspeed to the Bridge. You were so loved and will never be forgotten.

RIP baby. :(

jazzcat
07-19-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm so sorry.

Rest in Peace sweet Zsa-Zsa.

Dorothy39
07-19-2006, 11:14 PM
You already know how beautiful that poem was. , because, you knew her !!!! Your reflection upon her passing was hard for me to read!!! Your words made me feel so heavy with sorrow for someone other than myself!!!!

Yes, Your Zsa-Zsa purred loudly and signaled an end of an era for you when she passed . She will, trust me, be with you forever!!!!! Even when you are much older and perhaps, wiser? She will still be in your heart . She was your gift in this life.You have a profound "grace" that has captured her for all eternity.

I've thought about her a lot today, since reading your poem. I am so very touched with your ability to paint a picture of Zsa-Zsa with words.

Go forth and enrich mankind with your God Given Talent!!!!

krazyaboutkatz
07-20-2006, 01:05 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this sad news.:( You gave her a wonderful tribute and I'm sure that she knows how much she was loved. Now she's at peace and I'm sure you'll meet again some day. RIP sweet Zsa-Zsa.:(

Miss Z
07-20-2006, 06:20 AM
Thankyou everyone.

It's tough and sad, but time does heal. Zsa-Zsa will never be forgotten.

If anyone could make a memorial signature for me that would be much appreciated. I will pm the person pictures.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your supportive words. You're all what makes PT a lovely place to be.

rosethecopycat
07-20-2006, 06:46 AM
She was the cat of your youth. She had a life well lived. You will always have her in your heart, even many years from now, when you are old, someday.

I had a cat for 16 yrs, the cat of my youth. I remember him fondly now.

You will see your Zsa-Zsa again. One Fine Day.

Godspeed to the bridge. Zsa-Zsa.

Cataholic
07-20-2006, 08:49 AM
I am very sorry for your loss. From your lovely poem, I have a slight sense of the hole in your heart right now. RIP, beautiful girl, RIP.

joanofark
07-20-2006, 10:03 AM
I can't even put into words how how sorry I am. :( Losing a pet you had all your life has to be heartbreaking. I know she had a wonderful life, knowing she spent it with a great person like you. She'll always be watching you....

RIP beautiful Zsa-Zsa, you know you'll be missed!

k9krazee
07-20-2006, 10:23 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, Zara :( Zsa Zsa was a gorgeous girl and lived a long, happy life with you. Rest easy, Miss Zsa Zsa.

ramanth
07-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

RIP Zsa-Zsa.

Edwina's Secretary
07-20-2006, 11:18 AM
So sorry to hear of dear sweet Zsa-Zsa......my condolences for the hole in your heart and life.

Kirsten
07-20-2006, 12:56 PM
Zara, I'm very sorry to learn these sad news about Zsa Zsa. :(
(((HUGS)))
Kirsten

orangemm
07-20-2006, 03:27 PM
I can't think of a more loving tribute to a dear family member.

Hugs to you, and rest easy, little Zsa-Zsa.

Vela
07-20-2006, 03:28 PM
I never come to the cat section so I didn't see this until today, when I noticed your memorial to her in your signature. I'm really sorry you lost her. I know that hurts your heart. It was a beautiful tribute. My best wishes.

Zippy
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
I am so sorry about Zsa-Zsa. :( I didn't see this yesterday.Rest In Peace Zsa-Zsa.

K9soul
07-20-2006, 03:30 PM
What a beautiful poem and tribute to your dear Zsa-Zsa. My deepest sympathies for your loss. You must already miss her terribly :(. Godspeed to the Bridge, Zsa-Zsa.

I_luv_rusty
07-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Your poem is beautiful! I'm so sorry Zara about Zsa-Zsa, you and her will be in my thoughts. :( She had a wonderful life Zara knowing she was with you. If you EVER need to talk you can PM me. Rest In Peace beautiful Zsa-Zsa :(
((((Hugs)))))

Ginger's Mom
07-20-2006, 06:18 PM
Since I never make it over to the Cat side, I did not know about Zsa-Zsa's illness or passing until i saw you memorial sig in another thread. I am so very sorry for your loss. Your tribute to your beautiful girl has brought tears to my eyes and my heart is truly hurting for you. RIP sweet Zsa-Zsa.

Nomilynn
07-20-2006, 08:11 PM
I'm so sorry to read about this. You are in my prayers.

RIP Pretty Zsa Zsa.

Soapets
07-21-2006, 12:15 AM
This is just so, so sad and heartbreaking! Your poem is a beautiful tribute to Zsa Zsa, and your memories will live on forever. My thoughts and prayers are with you................

Deb

Anita Cholaine
07-21-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm so sorry Zara, I've just seen this thread :(

RIP beautiful Zsa-Zsa, I'm sure you're in RB now....

((((hugs))))

ChrisH
07-22-2006, 07:55 AM
What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl.

Rest in peace Sweet Zsa-Zsa.

wolf_Q
07-22-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your Zsa-Zsa. :( Rest in peace sweet girl.

zoey
07-22-2006, 10:19 AM
Bye-bye little Zsa-Zsa. ..::HUGS::.. Miss Z. I'm so sorry for your loss. She must have been a special one to inspire such a beautiful poem. God bless.

Alysser
07-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Zara, I can't even express how sad I am right now. Tears are flowing like a river down my face as I think of Zsa-Zsa being gone. She had a WONDERFUL life with you, Zara and you were a great owner. I really don't think this will express my sadness enough but I want you to know that Zsa-Zsa was my favorite cat on PT and still is. I loved looking at her pictures and hearing her stories. I'm SO sorry, I doubt that will help you at all but I want you to know Zsa-Zsa will always be grateful that you gave her a wonderful home and life. She went peacefully! PM me ANYTIME if you need to talk. I will always be here to listen.
((((HUGS))))
Alyssa. :(

Miss Z
07-23-2006, 03:45 PM
Thankyou so much everyone. I'm sure Zsa-Zsa would have been very flattered to know that she is regarded with so much fondness throughout the world.

It's been tough without her, but Tia has been there for me when I feel sad. At least I am lucky to still have her in my life.

I have been talking with my dad, and when we get back from Greece, we will look for another kitten. Zsa-Zsa won't be replaced, but life is not the same without a cat!

Russian Blue
07-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I have been talking with my dad, and when we get back from Greece, we will look for another kitten. Zsa-Zsa won't be replaced, but life is not the same without a cat!

I've been away and just saw this. I'm sorry for your loss :( but what a wonderful poem Zara!

I know exactly what you mean about life not the same without a cat. Hopefully another wonderful soul will grace your life soon. ;)