PDA

View Full Version : :( :( Trouble :( :(

Cookiebaker
07-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Well, as most of you know, we just found out that I am pregnant. Unfortunately, I started bleeding last night, and bled for close to an hour before it stopped. I called my Dr right away, and he wanted me in first thing this morning to do another ultrasound. It was a really hard time not panicking really bad. Part of it is that Mark is on a business trip, and no way to contact him. He finally called a couple of hours later, and we cried and prayed together.

I went to the Dr. this morning, and the baby looks fine. That was great news!! (s)he was doing summersaults and jumping and kicking. That's my baby! :)

The bad news is that I have a weak spot in the placenta and am on complete bedrest 'til Monday, and then extra careful for 6-8 weeks.

Mark will be home in just a couple of hours, and I am so thankful for that.

Anyway, please cheer me up -- I'm feeling kinda blue. :( :(

Maresche
07-19-2006, 02:08 PM
How terrifying! I'm glad that all is well though and that precautions will be taken for the future. I hope this resolves quickly so you don't have to spend the rest of your pregnancy in bed.

I'd go absolutely stir-crazy!

Karen
07-19-2006, 02:11 PM
Baby's okay! You'll be in our prayers, of course, for healing and patience.

Logan
07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Anna, do what you need to in order to protect that baby. Emerson and Malone will be fine and of course, Marigold, too. Cats are so easy. LOL!!

I'm glad your husband will get home soon. I'm sorry I'm not closer to do something to comfort and help you.

Logan

Dorothy39
07-19-2006, 02:13 PM
I went through a pregnancy like yours , a long time ago.

However, my bleeding did not last for as long a time as yours.

We were building our garage, and, I was stupid enough to think that I could carry cement blocks from one place to another. This was back in 1974!!!! About 12 weeks along!!

My bleeding did not occur right away, rather, a few weeks later. It really scared me to death!!!!

I was told to take it easy for 4-6 weeks, and like you, I feared the worst!!!!

I made it, and so did my daughter, Laura. !!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts during this blessed time in your life!!!!

Hugs to you and your husband!!!!!

JenBKR
07-19-2006, 02:22 PM
Wow that's pretty scary! I'm so glad that everything's ok, what a relief! Just take it easy and do what the doctor orders. I'll keep you and your baby in my thoughts and prayers ((((hugs))))

sparks19
07-19-2006, 02:27 PM
You have all of our thoughts, well wishes and prayers. I'm so glad the baby is OK and lively as ever :D

prechrswife
07-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Glad to hear you and baby are okay. I know that had to be scary. Take care of both of you. Praying for you in GA.

animal_rescue
07-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Prayers on the way! Maybe you should send Emerson and Malone to kara for a bit, I hope everything goes really well! :)

Later I'll post a story for ya, that may cheer you up. I just have to type and remember the whole thing first. :p

sirrahbed
07-19-2006, 03:08 PM
How frightening!!

But, cheer up because your hubby will soon be home AND the baby is fine!! :D

((((HUGS)))) to you - so glad that the doctor assured you that the baby is fine - and the weak place in the placenta will be monitored. Isn't is good that this was discovered now? Please rest just like you were told and take good care of yourself!!

more ((((HUGS))))

Toby's my baby
07-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Wow, how scary!! I'm so glad you both are ok!! {{hugs and prayers}} Comming everyones way, I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly!

Anita Cholaine
07-19-2006, 05:12 PM
Great to know that you and the baby are ok! Just stay calm and wait to see how everything goes... It's good that hubby will be with you soon....
Prayers and good thoughts on the way... ((((hugs))))

My Peanuts
07-19-2006, 05:19 PM
Very scary, but not to terrible news. Do what the doc says and I will pray that everyone is ok. Don't feel blue. The baby is fine! :)

carole
07-19-2006, 05:26 PM
I know just how scarey that can be, when i had my first child i had a bleed one month before he was due, i had to stay in hospital until he was induced, i had lost some of my placenta,and they were worried baby would not do well in the last month, but he came out a very healthy big lad,infact he looked so nicely covered he was more like a 3mth old than a new born, so they are not always right are they?Just wanted to tell you my story to help re-assure you, hope it helps. :)

Just take that bed rest and I am sure all will be well for you and baby, I am so happy bubs is ok.,now cheer up and try not to worry. :)

Pam
07-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh Anna you will go to the top of my prayer list. (((hugs))) I never had any bleeding but my Robyn did with both of her pregnancies. Thank God your little one is happily bouncing around inside you. Do exactly what the doctor tells you (hopefully it's OK to hang out on the computer :p ) and keep us posted. ((((more hugs))))

Pembroke_Corgi
07-19-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm glad your baby is ok! I'm sorry to hear about the bedrest though. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly. :)

*LabLoverKEB*
07-19-2006, 06:43 PM
I'm sure this cute little Labbie girl will make you smile! :) :) She sure does make me smile!
http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h196/KaitlynEB/DSCF0001.jpg

I will keep you and the baby in my thoughts, and in my prayers! Hope all is well, keep us updated!

Daisy and Delilah
07-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Take it easy hon. Do what the doctor says. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the little one. (((((HUGS)))))

luvofallhorses
07-19-2006, 10:42 PM
(((hugs))) I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

captain
07-20-2006, 12:23 AM
So glad everything is OK so far.

Rest up .............. and I have you in my prayers .....

shais_mom
07-20-2006, 12:24 AM
thoughts and prayers on the way for you, Mark and little one!

K9karen
07-20-2006, 01:13 AM
{Hugs} and prayers, that itty bitty continues to practice for Circ Du Soleil and that you do exactly what the doc ordered, relax, rest and please try not to worry,

Cataholic
07-20-2006, 08:52 AM
How very scary!!! Take to the bed, woman, and do exactly what the doctor orders. There is a greater good to focus on. Hugs to you.

Pawsitive Thinking
07-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Rest up sweetie - we are all thinking of you

ramanth
07-20-2006, 10:08 AM
Think positive and just relax. I know it's harder than it sounds, but you must for you and your baby!

*HUGS*

Good vibes sent!

Pam
07-25-2006, 06:43 AM
Anna I am thinking that *no news is good news.* :) I'm looking forward to updates on your pregnancy as you go along. (Yep, the Pet Talk water is dangerous stuff! :p )

Cookiebaker
07-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Pam, thank you for thinking of me. :D

Yep, no news is good news. I was in bed all last week until yesterday. I am feeling so blessed -- ladies from our Church have brought us hot meals every single night; and one lady is going to vaccuum for me on Fridays. How sweet is that?

It is sooo great to be out of bed, and out of the same four walls. I spent most of the time in the recliner in the living room, but it got so monotonous after a while. But that was OK, because I just wanted everything to heal properly.

No problems since last Thursday (I was warned of 4-5 more days of bleeding so it was expected) and for that I am so thankful. :D My belly is already getting bigger :eek: and waistbands are just so uncomfortable.

So things are going fine, and my next appt. is on August 14th. They are hoping to hire someone for my position at work by tomorrow, and that will be a relief. I can start training them, and then not feel obligated to work so many hours.

Thanks again for asking, and for the thoughts and prayers. I appreciate them soooooooo much!!! :D

catnapper
07-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Whew, I am so relieved to hear this update. I'll keep praying for you and the little one, the kitties will keep paws and whiskers crossed for good luck.

Vermontcat
07-25-2006, 11:47 AM
Anna, I'm sorry I didn't see this until now.
I had to be on bed rest briefly during my pregnancy with my daughter and it is for the best, you have to put you and your baby's health first.
That is great that you have had lots of people helping you and that you are doing better.
It's good that you will be able to cut back your work hours too so you won't be so stressed.
Are you over your morning sickness now?
Make sure you have Mark go out for a couple of midnight runs to the store for your favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. ;)
Also make sure that you get out to eat at Fire and Ice at least once during your pregnancy. ;)
I had dinner there about a week ago and the food is so good!
Sending gentle hugs your way. :)

Pam
07-25-2006, 01:53 PM
I am so glad that all is well. :) My mom had bleeding in her 7th month when she was pregnant with me and the doctor made her go to bed until she was ready to deliver. Of course that was back in the Dark Ages. :p As you can see, I am fine. :)

It sounds like you belong to a super church. After Robyn had Jeremy, each night their dinner was delivered by a church member for, I think, a whole week! What a break for a new mom and, in your case, a mom-to-be who has been banished to her bed. :)

My Peanuts
07-25-2006, 01:56 PM
:) Thanks for updating us. I'm glad things are going better.

gini
07-25-2006, 03:02 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, ANNA!!! :) This is SO exciting for you and Mark! Yay!!! :)

I'm glad you're feeling better and all healed up. Just do whatever our PT Family tells you as well as your doctor. :)

I'm just so happy for you. I haven't been around PT for a while and miss you all so greatly. Its soooo wonderful to see news like this. Congrats!!

Love, Kelly :)

P.S. I'll keep you and the baby in my prayers.

jackie
07-25-2006, 03:31 PM
So happy everything turned out to be ok!

Enjoy your bed rest! Get loads of good books and videos, and have a little PJ party every day!