PDA

View Full Version : My folks are coming for a visit!

Donnaj4962
07-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I am so excited! My Mom and Dad are coming to Indiana for a visit! They will start for Indiana next Tuesday. They live in Ft. Myers Beach Florida, :cool: and the rest of the family is here in Indiana. They have wintered in Florida for many years, but about 6 years ago they decided to sell everything in Indiana and move permanently to Florida. So, our visits are few and far between... not near enough for this daughter, the youngest of five!

They try to come back to Indiana 2x a year, once around Christmas and again in the summer. But with airline prices the way that they are, they decided to just stay put this summer..... until now! They need a children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren love fest! And they have a new set of twin great-grandsons that they haven't met! :D

They will stay for, as Mother put it, "2 weeks or until we get bored!" ;) (She was just kidding! They will stay with one of my sisters in Lafayette (about 2 hours from where I am) but will come up for a few days to see me and another sister who lives not far from here. We are hoping to be able to have a family reunion while they are here. It is always hard to find a place for all of us to be, as there are 41 of us in the immediate family! But we will find something, I am sure!

Just wanted to share my excitement!

Dorothy39
07-19-2006, 01:55 PM
Thank-You for sharing your excitement !!!! A family certainly needs to hold reunions as often as they can, especially when they are miles apart.

I hope your parents have a safe trip up to Indiana. Enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!

Logan
07-19-2006, 02:37 PM
How fun for you all!!! I hope you have a wonderful visit!!! :)