PDA

View Full Version : had a scare tonight

davidpizzica
07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
I was going out tonight to get cat food and I had to go up this windy two lane road. Pendot had just finished tarring the road and putting stone chips down, and some of the chips were loose. I have an almost brand new Cobalt and I was going slow as to not have any chips hit my windows. All of a sudden some kid in a beat up old four by four truck almost rear-ended me and went past me doing at least sixty! He knocked chips toward my car, but no dents (YAY!)I'm still a little shaken up as to how close it was.

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Why, I would think you would be!!! :eek:

Sorry about that DavidP.

No , you would think, that since you have the vision of Superman, you would have noted his license number, then, using your cell phone while driving, alerted the authorities, and, then speed off in hot pursuit!!!!

All kidding aside, I'm glad you are alright!!!!

Daisy and Delilah
07-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Wow David!! That was a close call and pretty doggone scary. I'm glad to hear all is well. Kick back and relax for awhile ;)

Laura's Babies
07-18-2006, 10:32 PM
Idiot drivers! There are to many of them out there and everuybody is in a hurry! I just had to have a new windshield put in my car last week..

ashleycat
07-18-2006, 11:39 PM
I almost got into a head on collision today. The driver was going wrong way on a one way. Fortunetly there was an opening he could escape.

It was one of those roads where there is a grassy median. :eek: My heart was racing. More so for the safety of my daughter. Even tho she most likely wouldn't have been hurt. She was in the back.

caseysmom
07-18-2006, 11:48 PM
David I am glad your okay, and ashleycat I am glad you are okay too.

People get so busy in their lives they forget about safety I guess.

JenBKR
07-19-2006, 08:43 AM
Whew that must have been pretty scary! I know how good Penndot is about keeping the roads safe :rolleyes: People can be crazy on the road!

moosmom
07-20-2006, 10:59 AM
Hey Honey,

Glad you're okay. Some people don't belong behind the wheel of a car. Like Dorothy said, with your super x-ray vision, you should've gotten the plate number! :p