PDA

View Full Version : Crazy neighbor

slleipnir
07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
My mom has this crazy neighbor. She has 2 dogs. One is sort of aggressive. It barks like mad ALL day, and through the night, too. It's VERY annoying getting woken up every morning by this dog.

The dog will chase down people if it is off leash. Like, it will charge at you and bark its head of. It's kinda scary cause you don't know if it's going to attack or not. (I doubt it will...but my sister has her kids over a lot, and I'm worried the dog will bite them) The dog has bitten someone before. My moms friend. All the lady could say was "that's why we call her sneaky maggie, cause as soon as you turn your back, she'll bite" or something.... :eek: The other day I was sitting out on moms deck, and I see her walk by. She lets her dogs off in a field (like...RIGHT where everyone lives!!) and sure enough, the dog charges a family. The lady keeps walking as if her dog isn't doing anything...

Seriously, can you believe this?! I can't imagen how someone could be like that?! My mom even called the humane society to come out and talk to her...either they haven't yet, or she just doesn't care. Someone someday is going to make her put that dog to sleep, how can she not care?! Urg. It's so annoying, and we're out of ideas...!

(I know what it's like to have an aggressive dog...and let me tell you, I would NEVER!!!! let her off leash in an area like that...urg. Not only for other dogs safey, but for HERS. I would HATE for someone to talk her away....infact, I couldn't live with it..._)
why doesn't she atleast care about the dog? She needs to run it everyday, so she must LIKE the dog? Or why would she bother walking it?

IRescue452
07-18-2006, 08:34 PM
The dog must be outside all day and night? You could call the police for a noise violation. That might get her a fine and certainly would get the police to take notice. I'm sorry, but if the dog is dangerous and the lady is doing these things I think it may be best for it to be taken.

K9karen
07-18-2006, 11:21 PM
Ahem. I won't repeat my situation. The owner needs to learn a lesson. You must call Animal Control. It's going to be the dog that suffers in the end. How can that lady not care or take it so lightly? I hate this stuff. It's not sunny and somebody will get seriously hurt. I live in terror 24/7 with my neighbors' dogs. I'll know by the end of the week what happens to them.

slleipnir
07-19-2006, 07:53 AM
She did call animal control. They were/are suppose to come out. Either they didn't yet, or she doesn't listen. (wouldn't suprise me)

elizabethann
07-19-2006, 08:00 AM
Has anybody called the police?

sanford8916
07-19-2006, 08:24 AM
My husband is an Animal Control Officer and sometimes they are limited what they can do, because they didn't see it! They are quicker to react with pictures of the dog running, a video would be great too and call every single time the dog is running lose, remind them that the dog has biten before. I know your frustrations too, my husband is a county AC officer but we live in the city limits, so we had to let our city take care of the dogs in our neighborhood running all the time. 2 of the 10 dogs(6 differnt owners) were very aggesive when they were in my yard. I called several times at the beginning and gave up because nothing was happening. Then I got really pissed that I couldn't be in my yard with kids without worrying about other peoples dogs. I started calling every time someone's dog's were out with date, time, were they lived and pictures, finally we have no dogs running. Of course it helps when the county AC truck is parked in our driveway and the City knows that if they won't take care of it and the county has to, then that comes out of the City's budget! Keep calling and complaining and have proof!

Good Luck,
Heather