PDA

View Full Version : WHere is the......

RICHARD
07-18-2006, 04:33 AM
I am ticked off again.

And I am afraid that I am losing my compassion.
Why are people so helpless?

During Katrina.....Where was the government?

When that girl was killed in aruba...

Where is the government?

Americans stranded in the tsunami?

Where is the government, to help us out? Her mother moans.

This past week, here in So Cal there is the film clip of the woman watching the fires bear down on her home?

"Where is the fire department?", she moans.

Three people gunned down on the streets of Lost Angeles..

Where is the cop and the law? Mothers moan.

A So Cal woman, stuck in Lebanon tells the media..

I call the American embassy and they don't answer-
Where is the government? She whines (thought she was gonna moan, eh?).

It's that same government, that you hate so much and complain about, that you want to race to your rescue.

Pay more taxes and get those vital services that you do not have when the poop hits the fan.

Be ready for the disaster that will one day knock on your door.
Know where all the fire exits are :confused: ;) and have a plan B,C, D and E...

Back in 1971 we were huddled in the driveway of our home right after the Sylmar earthquake....

We were pretty stunned and didn't know what to do....

I told my mom to call the police department and she answered me with this line of wisdom....

"I think they are busy helping people that need it..."

From that day on, I know not to ask for the goverment's help.....

I simply ask....

Where am I?

I got myself there, I can get myself back again. :rolleyes:

momoffuzzyfaces
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Am I the only one who remembers after 9/11 we were told we would not be able to rely on the government after a disaster? We still need to have emergency supplies and plans because you never know what will happen or when.

Who could forget the duct tape and plastic sheeting?

RICHARD
07-18-2006, 10:44 PM
Who could forget the duct tape and plastic sheeting?

A video camera and veggie oil.....

You have a home movie.... :eek: ;)

The cost of evacuation was 150-300 dollars....

What is the price of your safety?

DrKym
07-18-2006, 10:46 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm based on those 4 items is there something we don't know about you 2???? (joking) Richard you are right our safety is up to us, and momoffuzzyfaces we all remember 9/11 but a reminder is always worthwhile.......................

RICHARD
07-18-2006, 10:56 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm based on those 4 items is there something we don't know about you 2???? (joking) Richard you are right our safety is up to us, and momoffuzzyfaces we all remember 9/11 but a reminder is always worthwhile.......................

Sir,

We have always depended on our government to pull us out of the fire.
So we hit a moment when we are on our own and them we panic.. :eek:

I hope and pray that we never have anything happen here that we cannot handle ourselves.

BTW...

Earthquakes are the "terrorist" things that happen here in So Cal...

You never know when they will hit....

I can tell you some stories that will make your hair stand on end..

Like being in the basement of a ten story building when a 6+ quake hits.
You ride it out and then think about the floors above you as an afterthought...

In '71 i went to school with a kid whose father was pulled out of the Olive View Med Center that completely collapsed....he was in the basement... :eek:

Corinna
07-18-2006, 11:22 PM
***Clapping *** here here!!! Richard I too am getting tired of hearing help me oh great government. I blame my frosh government teacher he taught us by example we lived communism for a semester. I donot want it in our country.

Laura's Babies
07-19-2006, 07:20 AM
They thought Katrina was going to come in New Orleans as a catagory 5 hurricane and warned of a 30 foot wall of water to engulf the city. I would have ben WALKING out of there if I didn't have any other way to get out of there.. But yet, there were some that stayed.

.... and if a 17 year old boy was smart enough to steal a school bus and evacuate a bus load to Houston..... kind of makes you wonder why nobody else thought of that..... and there was that picture of all those school buses underwater...

JenBKR
07-19-2006, 08:21 AM
In agreement here! Nobody is responsible for themselves anymore, it's all someone else's fault. :rolleyes: That seems to be how it is with everything anymore.

Lady's Human
07-19-2006, 08:37 AM
This morning on the radio I heard a story about the evacuation. The comment that got my goat was from an American who was in Lebanon and stated "The government evacuation is going too slowly."

Okay, let's see......you were in a middle eastern country that has had a state department travel advisory out for at least 20 years. They told you not to go there, and now you're upset because the people who told you not to go there can't get you out fast enough?

Maresche
07-19-2006, 08:55 AM
A lot of the blame for this mentality definitely resides in the individuals not taking responsibility for themselves.

I think part of it though falls on the government who has taken care of them so much that they don't need to be responsible for themselves a good deal of the time.

sparks19
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
Those who rely on others to save them are setting themselves up for disaster. You can't wait for someone else to come be your knight in shining armour. YOU need to have a plan in case of emergency. YOU need to protect yourself and your family. YOU are responsible for your own safety.

if you sit back and wait for others to save you then you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Edwina's Secretary
07-19-2006, 11:10 AM
Where was the government?

Where is the government?

Is this a test question? I think I know the answer! The government is busy listening to my phone calls, checking on my banking, looking in my bedroom windows, telling me what I must do with my body, trying to change the constitution to protect a piece of cloth sewn in China and rewriting history.

Oh...and starting stupid wars.....

RICHARD
07-19-2006, 06:49 PM
looking in my bedroom windows.

I saw the video on MYSPACE....check it out... ;)

Sparks,

John Wayne is dead so our knights are just the same as our daze now.... ;)

sparks19
07-19-2006, 06:52 PM
I saw the video on MYSPACE....check it out... ;)

Sparks,

John Wayne is dead so our knights are just the same as our daze now.... ;)

He is? OH GOD NO we are all doomed :( :D But I have always been in a daze ;) lol

lizbud
07-22-2006, 07:03 PM
Our fearless leader is a lot of things but humanitarian is not one of them.

moosmom
07-23-2006, 07:16 AM
During Katrina.....Where was the government

RICHARD,

Didn't you know that FEMA during all the chaos with Katrina, was busy spending MILLIONS of OUR TAX dollars :eek: on flat bottoms boats, a total of 20, 9 of which are only accounted for. Then there's the laptops they bought which are also unaccounted for. Not to mention retreats for FBI agents at a Five Star spa.

There are also more things that have been purchased with our hard earned tax dollars that I just can't remember. The story broke in the Hartford Courant. To say I'm angry is an understatement.

jazzcat
07-23-2006, 12:15 PM
From what I've seen when it comes to disasters most people have been taught the way to help yourself is to hold your hand out and get "yours".

After hearing about the people who had a good ole time off Katrina "victim" money I'm sure I'll never willingly donate to such causes. I'm still reeling from the sex change, the cruises and vacations. I don't feel it's a case of few bad apples either. This is more like orchards and orchards! Of course I know most that money was FEMA checks from taxpayers money. GRRRR! :mad:

RICHARD
07-23-2006, 01:54 PM
From what I've seen when it comes to disasters most people have been taught the way to help yourself is to hold your hand out and get "yours".

:mad:

Hey, what are you doing posting in the dog house? ;)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-23-2006, 03:35 PM
Ok, I know I'm weird but I can't help worrying about the animals they walked off and left. You know they did!!! :(

jazzcat
07-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Hey, what are you doing posting in the dog house? ;)

I know I swore off here but sometimes I can only bite my tongue for so long. :D ;) You have no idea for how many things I have typed a reply only to delete it at the last minute.

Your post was just too on the money!

Riptide
07-23-2006, 11:40 PM
I actually have a certain respect for our government. I'm sure if you were in the president's shoes, you would be faced with dicisions that you can't even imagine. The goverment does alot more than some of us think, and just because we don't see results immidiately, doesn't mean they're not coming.