PDA

View Full Version : why does my cat keep trying to eat my hair?!

dionne
07-17-2006, 08:10 PM
this is really funny, :D but it IS something i am kinda wondering about...

my cat, angel, keeps trying to eat my hair! i will wake up in the middle of the night to her nibbling on it...i shoo her away, and she comes back and does it some more...this has been going on for about a week, before this she tried once or twice, but in the past week i've woken up EVERY NIGHT to her doing this!!

i shower daily, i haven't changed shampoos, i know something hasn't magically leaked its way into my hair or anything...she just keeps trying to eat it..

any ideas, as i am completely CLUELESS to why she's doing this... :confused:

dionne

AbbyMom
07-17-2006, 08:30 PM
Dionne
Abby does this to me almost every night when she wants to be fed. It HURTS, doesn't it? Abby won't stop until I get up and go downstairs with her so she can eat. Then we go back to bed.

Recommendation: Don't start rewarding Angel for biting your hair by getting up and feeding her. :D :D
:D

dionne
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
hahahha!!! that's hilarious :D ...tho when she does this, i do go get up and check her food and water...usually i feed them right beofre bed, and they still have food when i check... :confused:

Laura's Babies
07-17-2006, 08:38 PM
She might be grooming you (shrugs shoulders).. My neighbors blackie Klinger attacks my head every time I sit on the sofa at his house. He bites down and PULLS hard on my hair... We have yet to figure what that is all about too.

smokey the elder
07-18-2006, 09:15 AM
Ebony needs to wash my hair for me. Sometimes he takes his big old paw and puts it on my head. He's usually good with his claws. As far as I know, he never did that with my parents (I got him from my mom over Christmas.)

jackie
07-18-2006, 09:26 AM
Maybe she is grooming you?

catmandu
07-18-2006, 04:01 PM
Its probably a throw back to thier nursing days with thier Momma Cat.
I am hair challenged so they are out of luck in that respect.

ShylanHal
07-19-2006, 03:49 AM
My mom's cat Fritty used to bite hair. And it was a known fact that he was BITING it, not grooming it, though I think your feline friend is just grooming you. ^_^
Be happy and lucky.
Fritty would bite just about anyone's hair.
He didn't care who, as long as he got a yelp from his prey.

Well.. from anyone but mom. He was her demon-goddess.