PDA

View Full Version : Ugh.. No... =( *rant*

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:15 PM
Photoshop died. It said there was some sort of error that was unrecoverable. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, didn't work. So I had a back up version of CS, and installed it. It was working fine until today when it did the same thing. So now I can't make graphics. I guess I can go back to using PSP, it's better than nothing, but gah.. I want Photoshop :(.

mustlovedogs
07-17-2006, 12:19 PM
Ugh...that really has to stink! I'm sorry it happened...

I'm still figuring out how to make graphics, lol...I can't even import a brush right :(

I_luv_rusty
07-17-2006, 12:24 PM
That stinks. :o Can't you complain to the company and some how get it back, didn't you have to buy it?

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:25 PM
That stinks. :o Can't you complain to the company and some how get it back, didn't you have to buy it?
Nope.. *cough*downloaded..*cough* :o

I_luv_rusty
07-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Sorry... I didn't know it was downloaded i'm stupid, I use Photofiltre so I know nothing about any other photo programs :o

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
Sorry... I didn't know it was downloaded i'm stupid, I use Photofiltre so I know nothing about any other photo programs :o
lol, but you're supposed to buy it.. :rolleyes:. I think it's illegal to download =x
Suppose that's what I get for using cracks and not paying $1000 for it.

Cookiebaker
07-17-2006, 12:31 PM
Maybe you could just go swipe one off of Walmart's shelves next time instead of downloading it, and maybe it would work better for you. :mad: Stealing is stealing :rolleyes:

luvofallhorses
07-17-2006, 12:33 PM
Maybe you could just go swipe one off of Walmart's shelves next time instead of downloading it, and maybe it would work better for you. :mad: Stealing is stealing :rolleyes:

I agree. I would never do that.

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Everybody else downloads it, I got it from someone. (Although it didn't work, so I went and downloaded it myself) Not very many people at all are going to go pay $1000 for a program when it's right at downloadable access. And besides, I haven't actually seen any place around here selling it.
And it's the same as downloading music..

luvofallhorses
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Everybody else downloads it, I got it from someone. (Although it didn't work, so I went and downloaded it myself) Not very many people at all are going to go pay $1000 for a program when it's right at downloadable access. And besides, I haven't actually seen any place around here selling it.

you could purchase it off ebay.

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:35 PM
you could purchase it off ebay.
I don't have an ebay account.. (and I can't get one due to the fact I don't have a credit card)
Edit: I may just go buy Photoshop Elements with my birthday money. It's basically the same thing, right?

Cookiebaker
07-17-2006, 12:37 PM
Oh, so somebody else's wrong makes it right for you??? Wow!!! So if I murder someone, then you can also murder someone and it would be ok. Because after all *I* did it first. That way of thinking is just so wrong. What happened to personal responsibility??

Karen
07-17-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes, downloading software is just as illegal as downloading music without paying for it. I download music from ITunes, I get their free downloads, and sometimes pay 99 cents for a song I really want. THAT is legal. I wouldn't download music from the "filesharing" services as, not only is it illegal, it is also a good way to get lots of viruses (if you're on a PC - I use a Mac).

"I don't see it for sale around here" is no excuse for someone who uses the Internet. Amazon.com, adobe.com, the aforementioned eBay - there are many places online where you could order Photoshop, or Photoshop Elements.

Yes, Photoshop is expensive. It is a powerful, professional-level application. Photoshop Elements is a very limited version, which is why it costs less.

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:39 PM
Oh, so somebody else's wrong makes it right for you??? Wow!!! So if I murder someone, then you can also murder someone and it would be ok. Because after all *I* did it first. That way of thinking is just so wrong. What happened to personal responsibility??
That wasn't what I was saying. But I know other people who download it, so I did, too. It's a mistake, and it's my fault, and I'm getting what I deserved for it.

catnapper
07-17-2006, 12:50 PM
Don't justify yourself. Why do you need Photoshop in the first place? There are penty of legally free photo editing programs out there. Just because you can download something like programs and music doesn't make it right. Imagine you posted something here that you were really proud of... say a photo you took. Someone else came along and said "oh, what a great photo!" and they simply clicked "copy" and pasted it to their own computer. Then they entered it into a contest and won thousand bucks. Thats YOUR photo. They got it FREE from the internet and justified stealing YOUR work by saying it didn't matter because it was easily obtained. Wouldn't you feel they stole your property? Wouldn't you feel they had no right and should have paid for the image, especially since they were taking it for the purpose of entering a contest or using it to show others as their won work? You took Photoshop not to just enjoy photo editing in your own privacy, but to make images that you now share with the world.

Why is Photoshop $1,000? to offset the cost of people who steal their program. The people who pay for it have the pay the price for those that steal it. Adobe is really starting to crack down on people who put the software up for downloading purposes and those that download it. I have Photoshop -- legally obtained from a client who bought it for his company and he gave me a copy since I am a designer and would do an occasional job for him. I never use it because I no longer do work for him... in fact a few weeks ago I contemplated taking it off my computer to free up some memory. Ironic, huh?

Roxyluvsme13
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
Don't justify yourself. Why do you need Photoshop in the first place? There are penty of legally free photo editing programs out there. Just because you can download something like programs and music doesn't make it right. Imagine you posted something here that you were really proud of... say a photo you took. Someone else came along and said "oh, what a great photo!" and they simply clicked "copy" and pasted it to their own computer. Then they entered it into a contest and won thousand bucks. Thats YOUR photo. They got it FREE from the internet and justified stealing YOUR work by saying it didn't matter because it was easily obtained. Wouldn't you feel they stole your property? Wouldn't you feel they had no right and should have paid for the image, especially since they were taking it for the purpose of entering a contest or using it to show others as their won work? You took Photoshop not to just enjoy photo editing in your own privacy, but to make images that you now share with the world.

Why is Photoshop $1,000? to offset the cost of people who steal their program. The people who pay for it have the pay the price for those that steal it. Adobe is really starting to crack down on people who put the software up for downloading purposes and those that download it. I have Photoshop -- legally obtained from a client who bought it for his company and he gave me a copy since I am a designer and would do an occasional job for him. I never use it because I no longer do work for him... in fact a few weeks ago I contemplated taking it off my computer to free up some memory. Ironic, huh?
Why I needed it was because PSP didn't really fit my expectations, and Photoshop did. So I downloaded it. I legally own PSP though, got it for a gift for good grades. But I've learned my lesson, and I'm saving up my money to get Photoshop Elements.

zoomer
07-17-2006, 01:02 PM
Ugh now stupid...:( I'm sorry that happened to you.