PDA

View Full Version : Diets

Muddy4paws
07-16-2006, 07:25 PM
I'm fed up of looking like a beached whale.. No offense to whales of course :p :D I've been looking online at some dieting sites like slimming world and weight watchers but I really dont have the money to go spending like £90 for one that doesn't actually work I guess it just all confuses me! Has anyone tried any of these? Have you had much sucess? Idealy I want to lose 2 stone because I think I would definatly benifit from it but I dont want to go to a diet class/ meeting because I have no one to go with and I just dont have the confidence to walk into a room of strangers and get weighed infront of one! :rolleyes: Sad I know.. :o Anyway any suggestions?

G535
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
From my experience with friends on diets the ones that worked are the diets that they didn't pay for, they just cut down on the amount of food that they were eating and gave up some but not all of the junk food. A bit of exercise helps too. Will power is also needed.

I've never been on a diet so I can only go by what others have done. :)

christa
07-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Have you visited PT's Fitness Friday's Health Club??? You should! :)

And for the record, just forget about the word "diet" . . . it never works. Consider changing your lifestyle. Change your eating habits & the way you live - become active, and you'll loose weight! Trust me, I've lost 54 pounds from changing my lifestyle!!!

There is NO NEED in spending money on any dieting gimmicks when all you have to do is cut back, eat better, MOVE!!! Cut your calories, eat more fiber, less processed food, more veggies, more water, less sugar. It's not rocket science. Just like someone said before, it just takes will power - you just have to WANT IT!!!

But seriously, come and join us in the PT Health Club "Fitness Fridays" . . . we're open all week ;) . . . we motivate each other to keep at it - living healthy, staying active . . . maybe that's what you need - a kick in the pants! LOL

Laura's Babies
07-16-2006, 09:21 PM
Lean, green, broiled or boiled.....that is what a doctor told my ex years ago and he lost a lot of weight following that.

Muddy4paws
07-16-2006, 09:48 PM
Thanks everyone!

Have you visited PT's Fitness Friday's Health Club??? You should! :)

And for the record, just forget about the word "diet" . . . it never works. Consider changing your lifestyle. Change your eating habits & the way you live - become active, and you'll loose weight! Trust me, I've lost 54 pounds from changing my lifestyle!!!

There is NO NEED in spending money on any dieting gimmicks when all you have to do is cut back, eat better, MOVE!!! Cut your calories, eat more fiber, less processed food, more veggies, more water, less sugar. It's not rocket science. Just like someone said before, it just takes will power - you just have to WANT IT!!!

But seriously, come and join us in the PT Health Club "Fitness Fridays" . . . we're open all week ;) . . . we motivate each other to keep at it - living healthy, staying active . . . maybe that's what you need - a kick in the pants! LOL

I've got a good goal which is my motivation! Trying to at least look nice in a bikini for my first holiday abroad :p I really do need a kick in the butt your right! I also need someone who I can .. I dunno talk to or something to keep me motivated so yeah I'll defiantly join it! :D

wolfsoul
07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
I often go on cleanses and eat as healthy as possible inbetween. Lots of veggies and fruits! I allow myself one bad thing" a day but rarely actually eat that bad thing. As long as I know the option is there, I'm usually good. When I eat healthy I feel so good about myself and happy --- give it a try, you'll love it. :)

Catty1
07-16-2006, 10:37 PM
"Eat, Breathe and Move"

Susan Powter

Also, you might go to Beliefnet.com and sign up for Spiritual Weight Loss with Norris. Free daily emails and thoughts from someone who lost a lot of weight.

Food for the mind and soul - and good stuff!

Catty1

Uabassoon
07-16-2006, 10:51 PM
I did weight watchers and I love it, I lost 50 lbs on the program. It wasn't bad going to the meetings alone, I found that they really helped to keep me on track. You also don't get weighed in front of everyone, only you and the person in charge of the meeting know how much you weigh, they don't announce it to the room!

RedHedd
07-16-2006, 10:58 PM
I did Weight Watchers and loved it. I was already used to going to meetings for other things so this was just one more. They taught me how to eat right; I lost the final 14 lbs. that I needed to lose and for the most part have kept off. If my weight ever got back to where it was before I went to WW, I would join again in a heartbeat. Fortunately for me, the things I learned there have stuck with me and served me well for MANY years.

K9karen
07-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I stopped Dieting years ago. I've had to watch every morsel that went into my mouth up until 3 years ago, when both parents got ill. Stress and 3 surgeries are not a good way to lose weight, believe me. But I've begun to drink LOTS of water. Either flavored or with lemon or lime. I also cut out all "white" starches. I eat brown rice and pasta and rarely bread. If I do, it's whole grain. If I want chocolate, I eat 1/2 a candy bar now. It's all moderation. Yep, you have to willingly change your lifestyle. Not always easy, but worth it in the end. Good Luck!

BTW.. I did go to Weight Watchers on my own. I thought I'd be embarrassed, but I made lots of friends. The counselors will never announce your weight outloud, unless you want them to. Of course, when you lose 5 pounds, you want the world to know. Nobody was berrated for gaining anything either.