PDA

View Full Version : Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

L-A.
05-19-2002, 06:26 AM
That's it.. I am now.... childless..

They took Sassy off the antibiotics last night... They called me this morning about 20 minutes ago (it's taken me twenty minutes to stop acting like a mad fool, yelling & screaming & crying hysterically...) to say she didn't make it through the night... They found her gone this morning, and they figure they missed her by about 10 minutes as she was still very warm.. There was discharge from her eyes and nose... They tried CPR JUST IN CASE, but nothing...

So that's it... Four cats gone in two weeks... and all because of her, the effing c*****g c*********g b*itch...

Sorry for the cursing, but I think I am allowed, in this case..

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY!!!!

Logan
05-19-2002, 06:41 AM
I'm so sorry, L-A, for the loss of your Sassy. :(

Pam
05-19-2002, 06:52 AM
LA, I don't even have the words to tell you how sorry I am. They are useless at a time like this. What you have just gone through is much more than I could bear. This is just horrible news. :( :(

Sara luvs her Tinky
05-19-2002, 08:40 AM
OH L-A,
I am so sorry words can not express the sadness I feel for your loss.... I couldn't even imagine what you must be feeling.. **hugs to you** :( :(

Karen
05-19-2002, 08:50 AM
Our sympathies, this has been a trying time for you. At least poor Sassy isn't feeling pain any more, she is reunited with the others, playing at the Rainbow Bridge ..

When you are sure your house is clear of the virus, I know there will be a kitty at the shelter waiting for love.

gini
05-19-2002, 10:04 AM
I am so, so sorry. I know that I could not endure what you have gone through in these past two weeks. Believe me, I feel your pain.

Please, when the time is right, consider Karen's words and offer another kitty all of your love, devotion and care.

Again, I am so sorry this has happened to you.

sasvermont
05-19-2002, 10:23 AM
L.A. - I am so sorry to hear about your Sassy cat too. From what I read about what she had, it was inevitable that she would pass away. I know you had to give her the best chance - but I think the Vet may not have been so up front with you. Seldom, so seldom does a cat live through that illness....maybe for a few weeks...but not very long.

I know this must be so very hard on you. Something in your surroundings has to be adjusted - sounds like to me anyway.

It is not very common to have this illness - but it does spread quickly.

I hope you can get through this episode with the least bit of anxiety about ever having pets again.

I would do some research on the disease and how it is contracted and how it spreads.

You will be in my thoughts for days to come, because it could happen to ANYONE of us.

Don't be hard on yourself LA.

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGSSSSSSSSSS to you.

SAS

lynnestankard
05-19-2002, 12:06 PM
L.A. I feel so sad for you - how are you coping? It must be so hard. My heart goes out to you. Just know I'm keeping you in my thoughts. {{{{{{{L.A.}}}}}}}

Lynne

rg_girlca
05-19-2002, 01:11 PM
Oh my gosh this is to sad for words. I am so sorry L-A.

Big hugs for you.

tatsxxx11
05-19-2002, 04:39 PM
I don't know how to adequately express my sorrow over your incredible, unimaginable loss. No one should have to endure such sorrow. I hope that one day, when your broken heart has had some time to heal, you will able once again, be brave enough, to open your huge, loving heart to another kitty who needs the tender love and devotion you have to share. My family and I extend to you our deepest sympathies on the loss of your beautiful furkids.:) Love to you. You will be in our prayers. Sandra

Spacely'sMummie
05-19-2002, 04:58 PM
I am so sorry to hear that :( :( :( :( :(

Ann
05-19-2002, 05:25 PM
Oh God... this is too awful :(

L-A.
05-19-2002, 05:33 PM
That's it...

I am now literally falling apart...

A family of 6 down to a family of two... three if you take into consideration Cookie the Mouse..

The house is.... empty... No litter box scratching... I even put down fresh water and food for her this morning, and I can't even bear to look at it... I can't even bear to.. to pick up her toys...

I'm a good person, the only drugs I take are those prescribed to me, I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't do drugs, I'm kind, I help people... and it's because I was KIND and allowed someone to bring a strange dog in to the house instead of leaving him out in the car for 2 hours or so that killed my cats...

Maybe I should turn into a heartless bitch.. at least I'd keep my animals then.

krazyaboutkatz
05-19-2002, 05:48 PM
I'm so sorry to here about Sassy. Please don't change L-A. That's not the answer and it certainly won't bring your animals back. I don't know why this happened to you but it did. I sure hope that the dog is treated or taken away from your neighbor so it never happens again. This could have happened to any one of us. In time I hope you can open up your heart and love another kitty. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

dragonchilde
05-19-2002, 09:10 PM
The only thing I can advise at this point is its times to call the Humane Society on this woman. Its obvious a lawsuit for the deaths of your babies would serve no purpose other than to hurt you, since this woman doesn't have anything anyway. You need to call the authorities, and have her animals taken away. Its obvious that she can't take care of them.

Its heartbreaking to read your stories. Its horrifying that this woman can be so well, stupid! Ignorance is no excuse for a refusal to learn and better yourself. For the animals' sake, you need to do what you can to see these poor furbabies taken away from her, because a dog carrying something so deadly to cats is a menace, and needs to be treated immediately. Its obvious he isn't being contained, and its miraculous that her own animals have survived this long.

We are all here for you. Do NOT let this harridan ruin your kind and gentle heart. To do so would be to make the loss of your furbabies in vain. Let their memories live on in your deeds.

Love can be harsh, if need be.

lynnestankard
05-20-2002, 03:11 AM
Oh L.A. I'm in tears as I write - PLEASE don't let this horrible experience change YOU. Your love and caring is what your furbabies knew - don't change that. The house must seem so empty and of course you'll be listening and watching for the sweet furbabies. It's a real hard time to get over - and get over it YOU will. One day at a time.

Lynne

L-A.
05-20-2002, 05:57 AM
Lynne, how can I get over 4 deaths in 2 weeks, starting with Smudgie?? Smudgie was my PRINCE, we used to dance together, I used to have to share my scrambled eggs with him..

Sassy I had to share my yogurt with, fruit bottomed or not.. She heard the foil being pulled back and she came running!

All I had to do was open a can of hash or peas and carrots and Shu and Ash came running.. they thought it was wet food.. (Wet food is a treat, I had my cats on straight kibble..)

Now I have NO ONE to share my eggs, yogurt or can-opening experience with...

No one sits on my lap..
No one watched Survivor with me last night..
No one snuggles at my back..
No one comes out on the patio with me..
No one lays on the edge of the tub when I'm in it..

My husband and I are now ALONE.. it's the worst feeling ever, and I don't like it AT ALL...

tuxluvr
05-20-2002, 08:09 AM
It is impossible to find any words that would do justice to what you must be feeling, other than to say my thoughts are with you.
Reading of your recent losses made me realize how wonderful and fragile life on earth is...and I hugged my spouse and kitty and found myself appreciating both perhaps a little more as a result.

It is also a painful testament to the importance of proper pet care, and an example to all of what can happen. I agree with Sasvermont - educate yourself on why this happened and educate others so that there is a greater awareness....I had never heard of this virus before, so you have already educated one person, and I am thankful now to have this new knowledge, but heartbroken that it had to be at such inconceivable loss.

Keep your heart open, it is evident from the stories of your beloved pets that you have an enormous amount of love to give, and many find this kind of love in such short supply these days. Don't let the sad ignorance of others take away something so precious as a kind heart.

My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Stenograsaurus
05-20-2002, 08:21 AM
I know that there's nothing that I can say to help ease the pain you are feeling right now. I just wanted you to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Lachesis
05-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Im thinking of you and your dh right now (((L-A)))

Kirsten
05-20-2002, 01:45 PM
My God, L_A, this sounds like a very, very bad nightmare; I would never know how to deal with that... :( :( :(

May you find something that gives you all the strength you need now in this difficult time. I know, there are no words that can take away the pain. Losing one cat is horrible enough, losing all cats within two weeks is beyond my imagination. Terrible! :(

You're in my thoughts, (((HUGS)))

Kirsten

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-20-2002, 05:04 PM
I am speechless. I thought there was hope for Sassy at least, but now she is gone too. :(

The only thing I can offer in the way of consolation is that through the years I've found that things always work out for the best, even though we can't see it at the time. For some reason this was meant to happen to you, and maybe the good that is to come of it is the education to others. I, too, had never heard of this, or any bacteria/virus/disease that would kill so many so quickly. I do thank you for bringing it to our attention, although I really, really wish it had been under better circumstances.

I agree with everyone else though, that you should not, and cannot let this change you for the worse. You sound like you have much love to offer, and I, too, know there are many needy kitties out there who would be more than happy to help ease your pain. Hopefully that can happen soon without risk to them also.

I know this isn't much of a consolation, as nothing really can be, but hugs to you and your husband and we'll have you in our thoughts and prayers also.

Gio
05-21-2002, 10:03 AM
I have only read your post today. LA I'm heartbroken for you. I don't know what else to say. We are all here for you.