PDA

View Full Version : I lived in a chicken coop....

Pembroke_Corgi
07-15-2006, 06:49 PM
I haven't been on in a few weeks due to our move- it was so exhausting!

We made the 16 hour trip from Iowa to find our new "house"- it was literally a renovated chicken coop!!! It was awful! It had only baseboard heat, no phone line (cable modem only), and I knew I was NOT going to live there, since the yard was too small for our dogs and it was clearly not a house. I could have never imagined anything like it.

This was our bedroom window...cozy, huh?
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IMG_3576.jpg

And this was the side of the "house," the gate was going to come off and I feared the dogs would get loose.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c312/pembrokecorgi/IMG_3568.jpg

To make a long story short, I found out the building was not up to code, so we moved out and didn't pay that filthy landlord a dime. We found a much nicer place with a huge yard for the dogs that we've lived in for about a week now- but unfortunately it's also a lot more expensive- but worth it!

Despite the complication, I really like living in Colorado! Plus, I'm just glad to be out of that chicken coop and into our nice house! Just thought I'd give everyone an update. :)

Karen
07-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Yikes! But congratulations on the move to the better place, and we're glad you like it there!

Prairie Purrs
07-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Oh, my! I'm sorry your move got off to such a bad start! But at least you were able to get out of there and find a nice place.

A belated welcome to Colorado! :D And given the temperature today, it's definitely a warm welcome! :eek:

Prairie Purrs
07-15-2006, 07:57 PM
Also, feel free to PM me if you have any Denver-related questions. :D

cyber-sibes
07-15-2006, 10:31 PM
:eek: Oh my! that's supposed to be a house? It's true that you get what you pay for -- glad you found a much nicer place, even if it is a little more!

elizabethann
07-16-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm so glad you found something nice.

It's amazing what some people will try to rent to others. I actually knew someone who rented an apartment above a garage that was in a fire! The stove was melted and when you rub your finger on the wall, your finger had soot all over it! Can you imagine? As far as I know, those people are still living there! It can't be legal!

Glad you got out of the chicken coop!!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Glad you found a better place!! Didn't that st*** landlord send you a picture of his "castle" before accepted to rent it? It must have been such a disillusion
to find this "coop" after a 16 hour trip.... :eek: