PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Snoopy to the family...

kufan
07-15-2006, 05:39 PM
Hi Everyone!

I just added another dog to our family. His name is Snoopy. We renamed him because he never had a proper, permanent name. He is supposedly a pure bred Chi, but we think he may be mixed with something else. We will be getting him to the vet soon for a routine exam to make sure he is OK and current on everything and so he can start taking heartguard.

A friend of a friend of my grandmother's was going to put this dog up for free in the paper or put him to sleep. She wanted to get a NEW dog because this dog PEED to much.

I wasn't about to let this woman put him up for free in the paper. That only causes potential bad people getting him and doing the same thing to him. So, I just had to take him in and make him dog #4.

He has finally arrived to his forever home where he will receive the most love, respect and attention no matter what problem he has! :) To control his pee problem, we use belly bands on him and they work just great. It is just a bit more work, but they are so worth it.

He is finally coming around and starting to love us and our other dogs. He is attached to me, his new mommy! He follows me all around the house. He is sleeping at my feet right now.

I just wanted to share a photo of him we took today:

http://www.customrim.com/personal/snoopy.jpg

He reminds me of my mom's dog named Mac. They are the same coloring almost!! He got a new collar and dog tag with his name and info! :-)

We just love our new Snoopy!! Thanks for letting me share!

lute
07-15-2006, 05:45 PM
congrats on the new dog! Snoopy is adorable! Zoomer i don't think that was acceptable. you should PM kufan.

kufan
07-15-2006, 05:47 PM
Congrats!

Is the Boxer part just to make Sarah and I mad or is that actually true?

No, she really did mention that she was getting a boxer actually. :) I didn't even think of the Boxer connection with the other mishap, oops.

I really think the lady just wanted a reason why to get a new dog. She wanted a new dog and this dog had to go. It does have a pee problem, but it was no reason to pass him on.

lute
07-15-2006, 05:51 PM
lots of chihuahuas have peeing problems. the owner should have researched this befor getting Snoopy. i hope she's more responsible with her next dog.

kufan
07-15-2006, 05:54 PM
I actually wish she wouldn't even get a new dog, she doesn't deserve to have one. It's so hard to look at Snoopy and wonder what he is thinking. I am so glad that he is finally perking up and acting happy. :)

I will post more photos later as well! He is a bit camera shy still.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Kufan, your new furbaby is just darling!
I'm thinking he might be Chihuahua/Miniature Pinscher. Just my guess. :) ;)

4 Dog Mother
07-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Your new Snoopy is very cute! I am glad you took him in so he would have a good forever home! I am sure it won't take long for him to "cheer up" and become a member of the family and for him to know he is well loved and cared for.

K9soul
07-15-2006, 07:26 PM
He's darling, bless you for giving him the home and life he deserves. I too can't stand the "replacement" mentality that ends up with the suffering and loss of life of so many innocent creatures :(. He is just a darling pup! Congratulations!

kufan
07-15-2006, 09:37 PM
He is really starting to come out of his shell. He has started playing with the dogs and eating treats. He is getting much more perky and excited about things.

He was so excited to see me when I came back from the grocery store. I think I'm his favorite person and my fiance isn't so happy about that, ha ha! ;)

I am very blessed to have him! I sure hope he starts to realize that HE IS LOVED and he is finally forever home!

jackie
07-16-2006, 10:38 AM
Cute, I can't wait to see more pictures!

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2006, 11:26 AM
Congrats on the new doggie!!!
Btw, I love your name-choice ;) (look at my signature, lol)

luvofallhorses
07-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Congrats! :) I am glad he finally found the home he deserves with you! :D

Danegirl2208
07-16-2006, 10:12 PM
congrats! He is a little cutie! Glad he found a good home :)

elizabethann
07-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Snoopy is so cute.

cloverfdx
07-17-2006, 12:11 PM
Aww what a cutie pie, welcome "home" Snoopy :D. I too cannot work out replacement mentality, it is beyond me :(.