PDA

View Full Version : May I ask for positive thoughts for Rocky?

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 12:25 PM
He's not doing well, my mother and Reinhold are really concerned. He seemed to be lethargic today and didn't want to eat, and seemed to be too exhausted to walk. Maybe it's only because he played with a ball yesterday, and that he's just too old for these kind of games. But he also threw up his food this morning. Now they fear that whatever has enlarged his spleen gland (most likely a tumor) has returned.

When I saw him later today, he was already doing better. But it could be that this is the beginning of the "ups and downs" the vet has foreseen (as only a couple of days ago, he wasn't doing too well either), half a year ago. In fact, he wouldn't have thought that Rocky would still be around this summer. He surprised us all by recovering so well, and we're just not ready...

Rocky this afternoon:

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky26.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/rocky27.jpg

And here's little Emma. Even though she has grown a lot already (just look at her long legs! :)), she's still a baby, and needs him around. She adores him, and copies everything he does. He just cannot leave her alone!

http://www.catmom.de/pix/emma40.jpg

http://www.catmom.de/pix/emma41.jpg

Please keep this big boy in your thoughts!

Kirsten

*LabLoverKEB*
07-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Oh, poor big boy! :( I will definetly keep Rocky in my thoughts, and in my prayers. Emma is as cute as ever! And of course, Rocky is just the handsome boy he is!

Chilli
07-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Oh no. :( Positive thoughts headed your way for Rocky and everyone whos in his life. Hopefully it'll pass. He'll be in my thoughts either way.

Just look at those legs! Emma seems bigger everytime we get to see her, its so cute how she adores her big, handsome brother. :D

caseysmom
07-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Hopefully he was just having an off day. Was it hot that day? I will keep that sweet boy in my thoughts.

IRescue452
07-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Poor Rocky. Make sure to spend lots of time on him. No time like the present to get as much spoiling in as you can. I'll keep you in my thoughts. Emma is adorable and very leggy.

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 12:39 PM
Thank you very much, it's very appreciated!

Yes, it was hot today, but not hotter than the last 5 weeks, even less humid than usual, which made the heat more bearable.

Regarding Emma: I'm sure these long legs will grow out sooner or later. ;) She's looking really funny atm. LOL

Kirsten

Daisy and Delilah
07-15-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh no!! Not Rocky again! I'm hoping it's just the heat making him like this and he gets back to his old self quickly. Get Well Rocky---We all need you and so does little sister :)

IRescue452
07-15-2006, 12:46 PM
Emma isn't docked is she? Is Rocky? I'm sure he was born before all the docking controversy. I'd love to see a good picture of Emma with her beautiful tail.

luvofallhorses
07-15-2006, 12:49 PM
handsome Rocky will definately be in my thoughts and prayers. please keep us updated. Emma is just beautiful! :)

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 12:53 PM
Thank you! :)

Emma isn't docked is she? Is Rocky? I'm sure he was born before all the docking controversy. I'd love to see a good picture of Emma with her beautiful tail.

No, Emma isn't docked, but Rocky is. He was born before docking became illegal here.

Here's a picture of Emma with her tail:
http://www.catmom.de/pix/emma28.jpg

Kirsten

molucass
07-15-2006, 01:03 PM
Aww! I'll send lots of good thoughts for Rocky.

Give both of them kisses from me.

mustlovedogs
07-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Oh no! Poor Rocky! :( He will definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!

Rocky is so handsome, and Emma is so beautiful! :D

Ginger's Mom
07-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Positive thoughts going out for that ever handsome Rocky. I agree with IRescue, now is a good time to get all of that extra spoiling in. Hugs being sent from New Jersey.

Bengalz
07-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Aw ... dear Rocky, I'm sorry to hear he's feeling poorly again. Thoughts and prayers coming your way for better days.

Emma is just darling - I can't stop smiling at her cuteness :D She looks so innocent and obviously smitten with her big handsome brother :D

Betty

cyber-sibes
07-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Saying prayers for Rocky & family.
Gosh, that little Emma is cute!

Corinna
07-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Rocky you just take it easy and calm. Emma needs you around for a long time more.

Danegirl2208
07-15-2006, 04:34 PM
oh poor boy!! :( I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers for you, he is such a handsome guy

lizbud
07-15-2006, 04:55 PM
Big prayers for Rocky. I hope he enjoys many, many more good days.
Kisses to little Emma too. :)

K9soul
07-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Please know that Rocky is in my thoughts and prayers. What a magnificent dog.

anna_66
07-15-2006, 09:15 PM
Kirsten,

It breaks my heart to hear that Rocky is not feeling well again:( I do hope it's not the tumor returning (I get all choked up and teary eyed just thinking it might be). Lots of well wishes and prayers being said for this handsome man.

If he's anything like my Angus was he's a great teacher and that little girl needs him around to learn from;) Roxey (my husky) is the best dog ever, and we owe it all to our boy.

Thank you again for gracing us with pictures of the both of them. It really makes my day.

Kirsten
07-16-2006, 05:01 AM
Thank you everyone! :)

I called my mother this morning, and she told me that Rocky is doing better today. Guess now we have to wait what the next days will bring, if he was only "under the weather" yesterday, or if he starts declining. I hope not!

Anna, your Angus looks like a great dog in your avatar! You must miss him terribly!

Kirsten

Dorothy39
07-16-2006, 05:47 AM
Rocky is gorgeous, of , What would little Emma do if not for him!!!

My prayers will include "hopes" that Rocky has more UP days than DOWN days.

Your pictures were wonderful Kirsten.