PDA

View Full Version : Ritzy's Mom

Tuxluvr2
07-15-2006, 12:00 PM
If you have been a fan of "Cat of the Day" for some time, you might remember a woman who posted as Tuxluvr, and her tuxedo cat named Ritz. I am sad to inform you that Tuxluvr lost her battle with cancer and has died. One of her great joys was posting stories and pictures of Ritzy and sharing her great love of animals with all of you here at Cat of the Day. She is greatly missed.

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 12:31 PM
I remember them (Tuxluvr and Ritz), and OMG, I'm shocked to read these news.

I'm very very sorry and my heart goes out to her family and those who love her.

Kirsten

Laura's Babies
07-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Awww! My sympathies to her family.

Bengalz
07-15-2006, 02:45 PM
To Ritzy's Dad,

I do remember Tuxluvr and her wonderful photos and stories about Ritzy. I am so sorry to hear about your loss and want to thank you for being so kind and thoughtful in letting us all know.

My sincerest condolences to you and to Ritzy :(

Betty

jazzcat
07-15-2006, 03:29 PM
My condolences to you and your family.

I remember Tuxluvr and Ritz well. How very sad to lose a member of our PT family.

Killearn Kitties
07-15-2006, 03:41 PM
I am terribly sorry to hear this. I was very fond of Tuxluvr and her wonderful stories and Photoshoped pictures. She had a great sense of humour, and it is always sad to lose a great character.

My condolences to you and your family. We would be very happy for you and Ritzy to stick around here.

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm back to this thread because I also wanted to thank you for letting us know... it must have been very very hard to post this.

My condolences to you and your family!

Kirsten

Catty1
07-15-2006, 04:52 PM
Thank you for posting this...I didn't know her, and went searching for posts. I found what seems to be the last posts by her (when she visited the 5 member Tuxie family!) and she sounds just delightful!

My condolences to you...what a wonderful lady!

hugs
Catty1

catmandu
07-15-2006, 05:08 PM
That is a shock that we have lost one of our Pet Talkers.I remember Tuxlvr with a great deal of fondness .
I am sending my condolences to her family, friends and Ritzy.
The Pet Angels are taking her to the Rainbow Bridge where she will be reunited with her Family and Pets that have gone on before her.
It is now Tuxlvrs
One Fine Day.

Prairie Purrs
07-15-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm so sorry. Thank you for thinking of us at this sad time. My condolences to you, and comforting pets to Ritzy.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
07-15-2006, 05:25 PM
OMG!!! I had no idea she had cancer! If you remember, she met Sara (Edwina's Secretary) and I for dinner.....twice I think it was(?)....when she was in Chicago on business. Last I heard you two were building a new house and she was so excited about it. I am SO sorry we didn't keep more in touch. :(

I had NO idea and am I'm so sorry to hear this tragic news. I loved all her funny stories about Ritzy - have to admit that Ritzy was one of my favorite PT tuxies - and I have missed seeing her posts.

I'm so very sorry, but I'm so glad you were able to come here and let us know. Like Killlearn Kitties says, I hope maybe you will be able to come back now and then and let us know how you and Ritz are doing. Richard is another member here who lost his girlfriend to cancer, and I believe he has found great comfort in posting stories about the cat that used to be his girlfriend's cat - Eddie - but who is now so thoroughly ruled by this cat.

My deepest condolences to you and your family. :(

Pam
07-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Oh my goodness! I had to read this twice to make sure I was really reading what I thought I was reading. I am so sorry for your loss. I had no idea she was ill. Her real name was Wanda as I remember, and I loved her posts. My deepest condolences. :(

Catty1
07-15-2006, 07:50 PM
And thank you to whoever revived some of her wonderful posts - Karen, I presume?

:)

Catty1

krazyaboutkatz
07-15-2006, 11:45 PM
I'm in shock and so sorry to hear this terrible news.:( I remember Wanda very well and she had such a great sense of humor. I didn't know that she was battling cancer. I wish I had known so I could've prayed for her. She will be missed.:( Ritzy is also missed here so I hope that you'll be able to occassionally give us some updates on her and post a few pictures too. My deepest condolences to both you and Ritzy.:(

zippy-kat
07-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Oh I'm so saddened and stunned by this news! :( I had no idea she was ill, either.

Wanda and Ritzy were a duo I held especially close to my heart. As others have said, she had a wonderful, wonderful since of humor and wit. I absolutely adored her posts and all the Miss Ritzy pictures that were shared.

I know she is in a better place and free from pain but my heart still aches for your loss. May the many memories of this beautiful soul forever bring a smile to your face.

I am so, so sorry for your loss. She was a large part of this board and will be deeply missed.

shais_mom
07-16-2006, 01:43 AM
So sorry for the loss of a dear family member for Ritz and his dad and the rest of the family.

smokey the elder
07-16-2006, 07:25 AM
I remember tuxluvr very well! I'm so sorry for your loss.

sirrahbed
07-16-2006, 07:34 AM
Yes, I remember Tuxlvr and Ritzy.

I read this last night and it made me feel so sad...kept thinking about this as I fell asleep. Well, it just confirms that this place (PetTalk) forms ties with folks we know so little about.

I did not even know Tuxlvr's real name - but now read that her name was Wanda.....

Thanks you Tuxlvr2, for taking time to let us know.

moosmom
07-16-2006, 08:44 AM
:eek: OMG! I had no idea!! My sincere condolences. :(

Rachel
07-16-2006, 08:46 AM
This is such sad, sad news. My heart is aching for you and Ritzy. When you come to this board, you will be among friends.

catnapper
07-16-2006, 09:00 AM
I am so sorry to hear this! I do remember seeing her posts. I offer you and your family my most sincere condolences.

elizabethann
07-16-2006, 09:39 AM
My deepest sympathies.

Maya & Inka's mommy
07-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Of course I remember Wanda!! I am so sorry, Ididn't know at all that she was sick... . She was only 1 month older than me..... :( (my birthdate: July 21st 1956)

Thanks for posting this! We all appreciate this gesture VERY much !!

Rest In Peace dear Wanda!!

Cinder & Smoke
07-16-2006, 10:37 AM
If you have been a fan of "Cat of the Day" for some time,
you might remember a woman named Wanda who posted as tuxluvr,
and her tuxedo cat named Ritz.

I am sad to inform you that Wanda (tuxluvr) lost her battle with cancer and has died.

One of her great joys was posting stories and pictures of Ritzy and
sharing her great love of animals with all of you here at Cat of the Day.

She is greatly missed.

http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif

Wanda's birthday was June 29, 1956 - she died at age 50.

She joined Pet Talk as tuxluvr on 5/20/2001 ...
and Posted 1,498 times.

Her Signature Line reads:
"Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Ritz >>>

http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?u=16690&dateline=1152985473 http://petoftheday.com/talk/image.php?u=16690&type=profile&dateline=1152980373

Wanda last postings were in March of 2005 in the thread
"It might not beat Phred's numbers...but, here is 5 on the bed!!!"
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=74254

Wanda joined in on March 18, 2005, and again on March 23, to Tell Her Tail of
Visiting Johanna and Jonah's Tux Farm while in Cincinnati.

To Tuxluvr2 (Ritzy's Dad) ~

You've lost a Soul Mate, and we've all lost a Dear Friend ... http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif
Please accept our Heart-Felt Condolences.

Come back and visit with us ... I'm sure you can Tell a Ritz Tail or two.

Big {{{Hugs}}} of Sympathy,

/s/ http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/frown.gif Phred

gini
07-16-2006, 10:54 AM
How painful it must have been for you to come here and post of your great loss.

But it is a compliment to all of us here at Pet Talk, including Karen and Paul, that you knew we would care and want to know.

This is a very caring forum and we do get involved with each others lives, here on the board and in person when the opportunity comes our way.

It is with great sorrow that I read of your loss and I extend to you my deepest sympathy.

It would be an honor for all of us if you could visit from time to time and share more Ritzy stories.

Karen
07-16-2006, 11:02 AM
Rest in peace, dear lady. And an army of tuxies surely have greeted you at the Rainbow Bridge. Your battle is over, the pain is gone, you will be missed, but we wish you peace.

Cataholic
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
I am so deeply saddened to learn Wanda has passed on. I so enjoyed meeting her here, personally, where she could re-Tux while away from Ms. Ritzy. I am just so shocked. I had no idea she was ill. I am very sorry for your loss. My sincere sympathies.

Johanna

Freckles
07-16-2006, 11:34 AM
I'm so sorry to read this. Wanda was a faithful contributor to PetTalk and will be missed.

mustlovedogs
07-16-2006, 11:45 AM
I am so, so sorry to hear this terrible news. I know that I never visit Cat General, so I never really knew tuxluvr. She sounds like she was an amazing lady...it's horrbile that she had to go through cancer for a terribly long time. I send lots of hugs and prayers to Ritzy's Mom, Ritzy, and the family and friends of this amazing lady. Rest In Peace, and know that you ae in our thoughts and prayers.

Randi
07-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Dear Tuxluvr 2! It is with a very heavy heart I read about Wanda's passing. :( I didn't know she was ill. Wanda had a great sense of humor and her writing was simply excellent. I so enjoyed her posts and I miss her very much here.

I lost my husband John (Jonza) in february 2005, he was also a member of Pet Talk. I mention this because he started a thread, where Wanda joined in and we had a lot of fun - she posted 27 replies to this thead. I will post the link below. When/if you are feeling up to it, take a look at the following posts, I think you will enjoy reading them. It helped me smile through my tears to read John's posts.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=42305&highlight=tuxluvr

Post no. 24, 30, 66, 74, 132, 328

... and the ones with Photoshopped pictues Wanda posted:

No. 162, 163, 164 192, 344

In post no. 96, there is an "ID card" with Ritzy present. :)

Know that when you come here, you are among friends.

My deepest sympathy to you and Ritzy.

Rest in Peace, dear Wanda! You will be in our hearts.

RedHedd
07-16-2006, 12:09 PM
TuxLuvr2 - deepest condolences to you and yours. Having battled cancer myself I know it's not easy. Thank you for coming back to PT to let us know that one of our own has passed on. Like others have said, perhaps you will drop into PT every once in a while to let us know how you and Ritz are doing.

Barbara
07-16-2006, 12:59 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Wanda's passing. She was one of the persons I missed at Pet Talk but I had no idea she was so ill. I send all my best wishes to you and Ritz. Come here if you feel like it and I hope you can get a little bit of comfort here.

momoffuzzyfaces
07-16-2006, 01:45 PM
Tears are flowing for our dear Wanda. She was always a favorite of mine and I loved hearing about Ritzy!

I had no idea she was sick.

Prayers on the way for her family and all who love her.

Somehow, I think she is spoiling all our pets rotten in Heaven right now!

Miss Z
07-16-2006, 01:47 PM
I did not know Wanda, but I am sad to know that she has passed on. Condolences to you and the rest of your family, tuxluver2, she's looking down on all of us now and I bet she's happy that she's remembered with such fondness.

cyber-sibes
07-16-2006, 03:37 PM
Heartfelt condolences sent to her family. Blessings to you, Wanda, on your journey.

slick
07-16-2006, 04:24 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of Wanda's passing. My prayers go out to the family and friends. :(

Daisy and Delilah
07-16-2006, 06:39 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragic loss to you, your family , and Pet Talk. :(

Laura's Babies
07-16-2006, 09:14 PM
My heart felt condolences and prayers in this difficult time.

Matthew 5:4: “Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted.

Remember her friends are here and we are here for you if you need us.

prechrswife
07-16-2006, 09:23 PM
I am so sorry for your loss... :(

Nomilynn
07-16-2006, 09:50 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I misunderstood the post at first and thought it was Ritz who had passed, so I'm sorry for my confusion also.

You are in my prayers.

AbbyMom
07-16-2006, 10:11 PM
I'm sorry for your loss. Thanks for letting us know and thanks to the others for the links. I did go though and enjoy her posts about Ritzy. Prayers for you and your family.

rosethecopycat
07-16-2006, 10:32 PM
Thank you for remembering us out here in cypberland.
I remember her and Ritzy. I think Ritzy was sweet on my Mr. Jones.

I am sorry to hear that Ritzy and her mama are now temporarily separated.

My condolences to you and her loved ones.

RIP Tuxluvr, Godspeed to the RB

Edwina's Secretary
07-17-2006, 06:14 AM
How she loved her Ritz....and her Mr. Ritz...the school teacher! Debbie and I had dinner with her when I still lived in Chicago...and she bragged the whole time about her wonderful cat and her wonderful husband (not necessarily in that order!)

Her posts were always fun....she will be missed....

anna_66
07-17-2006, 09:33 AM
First of all I'd like to offer you my deepest condolences. How hard it must have been for you to post here, but we thank you so very much for doing it.

I'm not a regular member of the cat board but I do remember Wanda and her posts. She had a way of making you smile.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

jenluckenbach
07-17-2006, 09:40 AM
I am so sorry to hear this. :( Prayers for you and your family (including, of course, Ritz).

Logan
07-17-2006, 11:22 AM
Recently, I cleaned out my "inbox" of private messages, but I came across the correspondence that Wanda and I had in March 2005, and something told me to leave it there. I'm glad I did. I'm glad I messaged her when I did and that she came back here and saw Johanna's picture of the wonderful tuxedo cats and that she got to meet Jonah and Johanna in person. In our "back and forth" discussion, she talked about meeting Sara (Edwina's Secretary) and Debbie, and spoke so fondly of both of them. We had hoped that we would one day be able to meet, too, as her work brought her to NC sometime.

I always thought that Wanda was one of those quiet, special people, who you don't really get to know, but love. She was supportive and happy and positive in her posts and that always made me love her even more.

I will miss her. I know we all will. Thank you, and God Bless You and Ritzy, for bringing so much joy to Wanda's life, therefore to ours.

Sadly, but fondly,
Logan

aki
07-17-2006, 12:15 PM
How sad to find out that we have lost a friend from PT. I remember her and her pics of Ritz. RIP Wanda. And God bless.

Catsnclay
07-17-2006, 12:55 PM
My heartfelt sympathy goes out to you and her family.

I sort-of remember posts by her, but there are so many wonderful people here is is hard to keep track of who's who, and when they haven't posted in a while.

We all need to do a better job of keeping in touch with each other, so news like this isn't such a shock to us all. We would have been there for her (and anyone else) at their time of need.

Please keep in touch with us!!

Vio&Juni
07-17-2006, 01:11 PM
I couldn't believe the sad news about Wanda's passing. I missed her on Pet Talk, I had no idea she was so ill. I just thought she was very busy with work and other stuff.

My condolences to you, Tuxluvr2 and to Ritzy.

AmberLee
07-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Oh my! Wanda (Tuxlvr) was so special to so many of us, with her quick wit and humor and joy of life... Thank you for letting us know, Tuxlvr2.

Rest in peace, {{{Wanda}}}. My sympathy to all who are missing you.

Donnaj4962
07-17-2006, 03:58 PM
I am sorry to hear of Ritzy's Mom's passing. I never had the privilege of knowing her (she was on PT before my time started on here) but I have gone back and looked at some of her posts. Her kitties are adorable, and I am sure that they will miss their Meowmie. May her family know that she is no longer suffering and that she is watching over them.

Corinna
07-17-2006, 04:13 PM
As one of the older members I too remember her fun posts . So sorry to hear of her passing. Prayers for you and Ritz.

Vermontcat
07-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I couldn't believe the sad news about Wanda's passing. I missed her on Pet Talk, I had no idea she was so ill. I just thought she was very busy with work and other stuff.

My condolences to you, Tuxluvr2 and to Ritzy.

I thought the same thing, that maybe she was too busy for Pet Talk.
Wanda was one of my favorite Pet Talkers and one of the first ones I chatted with when I joined Pet Talk several years ago.
I loved the photos she would post of Miss Ritzy, especially her Sumo Kitty photo and her adventures on the Feline Princess cruise.
She was a very special lady with a wonderful sense of humor who touched many lives here at Pet Talk.
She will be greatly missed.