PDA

View Full Version : Digital Cameras?

mustlovedogs
07-15-2006, 07:29 AM
I have saved up alot of money and need to save about 100-200 more (I am somehow a GREAT saver, and a really bad spender :o ). My parents have a really, really nice camera. I know it's a Sony, but I forgot what else was in the name ;) I'm sure you have all seen pictures from that camera (whatever pictures I have posted here are from that camera), and they turn out so amazingly clear. I'm thinking about buying a camera like my parent's, but before I make any certanties, are there any other suggestions? :) Thanks!

(The reason why I want my own digital camera is that my mom and step-dad don't like it when I take pictures without permission on their camera and I LOVE to take pictures of Ellie, and I don't have a digital camera at my dad's house. I can finally get pictures of my Rascal now! :D )

Roxyluvsme13
07-15-2006, 11:31 AM
One answer
Canon Powershot S2 IS It's about $400, but it's worth it!

RedHedd
07-15-2006, 12:30 PM
Canon, Canon, Canon - You can get a very nice Powershot for about $200 (Mine was $186 on sale). Just depends how much you're into photography or how professional you want to go. Mine has so many settings, I'm still learning it a year later.

*LabLoverKEB*
07-15-2006, 12:50 PM
MustLoveDogs, I apologize for posting me camera needs in your thread, but I really didn't want to start another thread! I hope you don't mind! :o

YES!!! I NEEDa digital camera badly! I really don't like spending all this money on getting pictures developed.... it really adds up! :D
And my family has a digital camera, that we all share, and I really can't take that everywhere I go.
So, I'm looking for a smalle, compact digital camera, not TOO expensive!
Here are the features i want:
*Good, clear printing
*(not sure how many megapixels I want?)
*Zoom
Anything else you guys can suggest?
Does anyone have any ideas on whats the right camera for me??
Thanks!

momoffuzzyfaces
07-15-2006, 01:20 PM
Just get one that has a zoom lens!!!

I couldn't get this kissie kissie picture without it:
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/th_Leonardo000_0677.jpg (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/MOFF55/Leonardo000_0677.jpg)

I have a Kodak Easy Share and I really love it but love the zoom most of all!!! :D

mustlovedogs
07-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Thanks, everyone! :)

Of course I don't mind, LabLover! :D

I'm really starting to think about the Canon camera. It looks like it takes great pictures! Thanks, everyone! :)

binka_nugget
07-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Canon! Canon! Canon!

I've used Kodaks, Canons, Sonys and Fujis. None of them come close to Canon! I'm not up to date on the newer Powershot models but I've been really happy with my older Powershots. Indoor and outdoor shots are great as well as action shots of the dogs or closeups of the fish.

If you're interested in Zoom, make sure the camera has optical zoom, not digital. Digital zoom is nothing more than stretching out the picture, making it more pixelated.

mustlovedogs
07-15-2006, 01:42 PM
Canon! Canon! Canon!

I've used Kodaks, Canons, Sonys and Fujis. None of them come close to Canon! I'm not up to date on the newer Powershot models but I've been really happy with my older Powershots. Indoor and outdoor shots are great as well as action shots of the dogs or closeups of the fish.

If you're interested in Zoom, make sure the camera has optical zoom, not digital. Digital zoom is nothing more than stretching out the picture, making it more pixelated.

Thank you! :D I think I'm going to look at the Canon's at our local store. I'm pretty sure that's what I'm going to buy. :D

*LabLoverKEB*
07-15-2006, 02:17 PM
Okay, thanks Mustlovedogs! ;) I was pretty sure you didn't mind. :)

momoffuzzyfaces
07-15-2006, 02:34 PM
Also go for as many megapixals as you can afford. The higher the megapixals the clearer the pics usually.

Mine is a 5 but now I've seen them as high as 6 megapixals. They may even go higher by now.

By the way, my Kodak Easy Share has a 10x optical zoom. Deffinately go for a zoom no matter what camera you get. :D (I agree Canon's are great cameras)!

Kirsten
07-15-2006, 03:51 PM
I also own my Canon PowerShot S2 IE for a couple of weeks now, and I'm very happy with the results. It has 5 megapixel and a 12x optical zoom. Several people here have that cam and you can see the results here (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=108264). It's taking phantastic macros, but also landscape shots turn out much better than with my old cam.

There's also a lot of discussion about that cam in that thread. :)

Kirsten

mustlovedogs
07-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank you, everyone! :) I'll talk it over with my parents, and I think I'm going to buy the Canon. :)