PDA

View Full Version : Gender confusion?

zoomer
07-14-2006, 10:47 PM
I think Georgia is really confused. She pees like a boy. She lifts her leg on plants, mail boxes, and everything, just like Alaska. I know it's no big deal but it bothers me SO much :rolleyes: And it's so embarrising when people see her do it when she's actually a girl...

How do I stop it!

DrKym
07-14-2006, 10:48 PM
You can't she is just a well balanced female all my female rotties did that and sad to say my cocker has now adopted that sfter watching Rusty the amazing felon pee :rolleyes:

zoomer
07-14-2006, 10:51 PM
Lol :rolleyes: :p

Lady's Human
07-14-2006, 10:52 PM
Don't bother. She's just being herself. When I was REALLY little we had a GSD mix who did the same thing. SHE was the leader of the pack in the neighborhood.

Ginger's Mom
07-15-2006, 05:51 AM
My first girl always lifted her leg to pee, but she was most definitely an alpha dog. Ginger also lifts her leg to pee about 60% of the time. But that is usually because she wants to cover another dogs scent, or just let them know that she was there. I don't think it is a bad thing at all.

k9krazee
07-15-2006, 08:51 AM
Shadow acts like a male dog most of the time too...she has to mark EVERYTHING!

luvofallhorses
07-15-2006, 10:55 AM
I think Georgia is really confused. She pees like a boy. She lifts her leg on plants, mail boxes, and everything, just like Alaska. I know it's no big deal but it bothers me SO much :rolleyes: And it's so embarrising when people see her do it when she's actually a girl...

How do I stop it!

It's not a bad thing..;) she is probably just marking her territory. I've seen a few girl dogs lift their leg when they pee at the shelter where I volunteer and it doesn't bother me at all. :)

dab_20
07-15-2006, 10:57 AM
Yeah, she's just peeing how she knows how! ;) Molli squats AND lifts one of her legs at the same time. That's even more odd. :p

IRescue452
07-15-2006, 12:40 PM
You think Molli is weird, half the tiny dogs that come in to work do that, one lifts both back legs and balances on her front legs to pee. This is because the small dogs don't want pee on their feet.
I'd say Georgia is just being dominant.

dab_20
07-15-2006, 01:06 PM
You think Molli is weird, half the tiny dogs that come in to work do that, one lifts both back legs and balances on her front legs to pee. This is because the small dogs don't want pee on their feet.

Yes, sometimes Molli does that, too. lol. Wow, I never knew that!

Suki Wingy
07-15-2006, 03:18 PM
In the book My Dog Tulip Tulip does it too. Other than that I had never heard of it before.