PDA

View Full Version : Can I Vent? non animal related.................*UPDATE* and new *UPDATE*

DrKym
07-14-2006, 10:41 PM
we all thought that having our stepson finally diagnosed with failure to thrive and a Dr willing to testify would be the end? NO now both states arizona and illinois are unable to agree who has jurisdiction over this............... if we send him home on the 30th we break illinois law by allowing a known child abuser to have him if we don't we break az law by not returning him when the court ordered. A court case is scheduled for the 27th of July in Illinois, however both states Child protection agencies are trying to pass it off Az says he is safe here so no case in AZ Il says technically he resides in Az soo they cant make a case stick I want to throw up. Is it truly going to take this child becoming a stastic? he has a 30 % chance of survival without the aggressive medical treatment he is getting here. He is going in at 5 am tomorrow for 72 hours of tests and tube feeding. Sorry but I needed to vent and ask for prayers.
Alex is home and as expected tired and confused, during his hospital stay I did an awful thing..............I googled his mother to disprove her statements,that she was 1 unemployed and destitute. 2 no longer using any of my husbands book material or his CDs that he has produced and collecting money from them and 3 available for her child.
here is what we found.

Massage Therapy in Sedona, AZ - Yellow Pages - Switchboard

Dr Sharon R. Stone. 1558 Thumb Butte Rd Prescott, AZ 86305 ... Services: Aromatherapy, Healing, Soothing Rock, Reflexology, Therapeutic Massage, more... ...
http://www.switchboard.com/Massage_Therapist ... /1703/Yellowpages_Results.html

www.stoneinstitut.com

and no we aren't talking the actress and she has no liscence of certification in massage or reflexology. and how can you allow your clients to come in and out of your home as that is the HOME address 24/7 and she claims no bank account but accepts checks?
Maybe it is me but it sounds like Alexes' allegations of touching have more foundation than we thought........................

Ok so we are finally lawyered up as the saying goes to the teeth out 6000.00 in retainers and all we know for sure is Alex has court date the 27th.

So I am going to the BBQ in the Thursday thread, dropping off watermelon and stuffing Alex with the homemade ice cream , after that I am going to the corner to cry from frustration and maybe kick a lawyer or 2 and then sic a parakeet on the damn Judge :rolleyes:

Catty1
07-14-2006, 10:50 PM
Prayers are yours, as many as you need!

You'd think that just his tube feeding and 72 hours of tests would turn things to common sense.

Common sense is TOTALLY lacking here in the child protection agencies. (Just who do they think they are protecting here??? ARRGH!)

Is there someone with common sense at your congress rep's office? Often the admin people there can help in ways that are mind-boggling!

Governor's office?

HUGS to you, and I hope something works out before the 27th.

Best to that dear boy...I hope he starts feeling and looking better.

Catty1

DrKym
07-14-2006, 10:56 PM
Thanks Catty I owe you one ! this boy has been thru sooooooooooo much his dad (my hubby) had him until june of last yr and he has gone sooo downhill since and all we run into is he is with mama so all is well, dont rock the boat. I have to beg him to call to say night and thats not even mentioning the fact that he told dcfs (not us) that moms bf touches him "down there" when the bf thinks he is sleeping :mad: I am soooooooooooooo frustrated and angry that ppl will look the other way cause it is uncomfortable to be out on a limb.
If he winds up a statistic guess what all these ppl will say? why didn't you protect him? *sob*

Catty1
07-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Awww... you are upset and no wonder...do you have a legal friend that could contact the governor's office or someone for you?

This is just STUPID!

HUGS HUGS HUGS

Catty1

DrKym
07-14-2006, 11:13 PM
we just hired a lawyer here in Il our first meeting is monday, I will pick alex up from the hosp. and then head over.

Dorothy39
07-14-2006, 11:19 PM
This news is quite un -settling, to say the least. I don't think either Agency knows what is at stake right now!!!!

Can you obtain a written "Health Assessment" ( evaluation) from his Pediatrician? Someone in the right field needs to blow a whistle ., as it certainly seems to me that everyone, but the child, is being protected.!!

Someone has to speak on HIS behalf and the sooner the better!!!!! :mad:

What a horrible insult!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrKym
07-14-2006, 11:25 PM
we have the letter kathy to para phrase and i will scan and email on request," in the best interest of this child returning to his previous caregiver would be a grave error, he has gained one pound in a yr in his mothers care and 2 pounds in 12 days in the care of his father and stepmother,,,,,,,,,,,"

Karen
07-14-2006, 11:36 PM
You and he will be in our prayers.

Dorothy39
07-14-2006, 11:44 PM
I figured as much!!!

Okay, I think the "flaws" within Child Protection Agencies, as well as State to State Procedures are revealed in flying colors!!!!

The RED TAPE trap has been set. I'll say this much, anyone who feels authorized to send that child back to a living HELL would have to break into my house and tear him away from me!!!!!

I am sorry to vent and not help. I have never been personally involved with such a horrible situation .

Oh, I've been through the Red Tape with our Medical System and with our so called Justice system , while taking care of my parents, but that is as close to your neck of the woods that I;ve been.

DrKym
07-14-2006, 11:49 PM
Kathy this boy will not go back, I may never be back after the 30th but I will risk all my practice my life my everything for him. Our entire family backs this and I have told both state agencies that he will be ripped from arms with news media watching. I understand that sounds extreme but to see him cower and hide in my lap when they tell him that he may have to go back is intolerable.

Dorothy39
07-14-2006, 11:52 PM
we just hired a lawyer here in Il our first meeting is monday, I will pick alex up from the hosp. and then head over.
I'm glad that I just read that,

This dial up makes me so mad!!!!

Dorothy39
07-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Oh Geez, Dr. Goodnow, I have back spaced this line twice.

"I would go ahead and break AZ law. Someone , who feels authorized, will have to break down my door and tear this child from my arms!!! I would make myself clear on this matter."

You just said the same thing, almost word for word.

I felt too embarrassed to type it and the submit it. :eek:

K9karen
07-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Kym..excellent that you have a lawyer. Email, write your congressperson, senator, govenor, everybody, That's what I did to get my mother's nursing home law suit started. My big mistake about my hand injury, was NOT to call local news agencies and I was in the communications business for years, should have known better, but was too ill to think about it. Media, media, media. Letters to the editors of the Chicago Post etc, Fight like hell. Break the law, woman, for the sake of this poor child! I'm so hopping mad at beaurocracy that I'm seeing red. It's your tax money paying these people, making lousy decisions. Don't start me. I've spoken to you and I know you're a fighter, smart, knowledgeable and awesome.

Laura's Babies
07-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Yes, get the media involved. I would have them there while he is in the hospital.... this story will grab everyones heart and stir things up... as well as get the attention of those that are dropping the ball with this child.

The sad fact is that they don't like to let the children out of state. It is not the the child they are concerned about for some reason when there is another state involved. They would rather see them in foster care or screwed up for life than let them go out of state. It makes me sick how they will hop right on something when there are false charges and ignore the ones who really NEED then! :mad:

carole
07-15-2006, 04:31 PM
Oh my gosh this is awful for you, just reading it made my stomach churn, i can only imagine what you are going through, that poor little boy,i am so happy he has you and his dad to fight for him, and fight you will, i hope you find the courage and strength you will need to do so, and you will be in my thoughts,HUGS and i pray everything will be ok and you can protect this little boy and keep him safe with you both.

DrKym
07-16-2006, 08:11 PM
read update on first post :mad:

Dorothy39
07-16-2006, 08:23 PM
:eek:

wow, That's all I can type here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyber-sibes
07-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Alex continues t be in my prayers. Having gone through custody hell betwen two states (Illinois & Pa), I can sympathize with your anguish. My experience was that dealing with so-called children's protective services is a BIG part of the problem. :mad: Good luck with those loonies.

DrKym
07-16-2006, 08:33 PM
omg CYBER THANK YOU! it helps to know that someone really knows they are all NUTS! and to think my and yours and everyone else that has posted pays the taxes to pay for stupidity :eek:

Catty1
07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
OK - call me stupid...but having found this information, you can forward it to your lawyer and hopefully blow the whole thing open????

Finger crossed and prayers for you!

hugs
Catty1

DrKym
07-16-2006, 10:50 PM
bringing it all tomorrow catty! I hope it will do what you say, but prayers from all are needed!

moosmom
07-17-2006, 01:22 AM
Kym,

You, Jas and Alex will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow and always. Something good will come of this, Kym. I promise.

DrKym
07-17-2006, 12:58 PM
I hope so Donna. Now it is a sit and wait game while the lawyers figure out their stuff and we wait
and wait
and wait

momoffuzzyfaces
07-17-2006, 01:56 PM
Many Many prayers are flying from me for you and that sweet boy!!!

DrKym
07-17-2006, 03:53 PM
thank you we can use all we can get!

DrKym
07-18-2006, 08:02 PM
Updated again in first post. :(

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 08:37 PM
we all thought that having our stepson finally diagnosed with failure to thrive and a Dr willing to testify would be the end? NO now both states arizona and illinois are unable to agree who has jurisdiction over this............... if we send him home on the 30th we break illinois law by allowing a known child abuser to have him if we don't we break az law by not returning him when the court ordered. A court case is scheduled for the 27th of July in Illinois, however both states Child protection agencies are trying to pass it off Az says he is safe here so no case in AZ Il says technically he resides in Az soo they cant make a case stick I want to throw up. Is it truly going to take this child becoming a stastic? he has a 30 % chance of survival without the aggressive medical treatment he is getting here. He is going in at 5 am tomorrow for 72 hours of tests and tube feeding. Sorry but I needed to vent and ask for prayers.
Alex is home and as expected tired and confused, during his hospital stay I did an awful thing..............I googled his mother to disprove her statements,that she was 1 unemployed and destitute. 2 no longer using any of my husbands book material or his CDs that he has produced and collecting money from them and 3 available for her child.
here is what we found.

Massage Therapy in Sedona, AZ - Yellow Pages - Switchboard

Dr Sharon R. Stone. 1558 Thumb Butte Rd Prescott, AZ 86305 ... Services: Aromatherapy, Healing, Soothing Rock, Reflexology, Therapeutic Massage, more... ...
http://www.switchboard.com/Massage_Therapist ... /1703/Yellowpages_Results.html

www.stoneinstitut.com

and no we aren't talking the actress and she has no liscence of certification in massage or reflexology. and how can you allow your clients to come in and out of your home as that is the HOME address 24/7 and she claims no bank account but accepts checks?
Maybe it is me but it sounds like Alexes' allegations of touching have more foundation than we thought........................

Ok so we are finally lawyered up as the saying goes to the teeth out 6000.00 in retainers and all we know for sure is Alex has court date the 27th.

So I am going to the BBQ in the Thursday thread, dropping off watermelon and stuffing Alex with the homemade ice cream , after that I am going to the corner to cry from frustration and maybe kick a lawyer or 2 and then sic a parakeet on the damn Judge :rolleyes:

Wear something with steal toes!!!!!!! Sharpen the parakeets beak, real sharp!!!!! Oh, please enjoy the BBQ!

DrKym
07-18-2006, 08:49 PM
oh ty Kathy! they are steel toed.................................

moosmom
07-18-2006, 09:00 PM
Dorothy,

You're being WAY too nice. I say wear stillettos with POINTED steel toes.

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 09:13 PM
ah, you younger women!!! You really know how to hurt a guy!!!!!! :D

Great idea!!!!!

DrKym
07-18-2006, 09:15 PM
roflmao well Donna loan me your shoes.............................

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 09:22 PM
that's the spirit girls, lets exchange some items from our wardrobes!!!! heh heh heh---------

DrKym
07-18-2006, 09:24 PM
K I have chest armor and a spoon and a pair of hiking boots with steel toes, Donna has the spikes..................................

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
let's invest in leather jackets, I have a visa card!!!!!

DrKym
07-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Rofl

Dorothy39
07-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Seriously, I told off a very overweight Lawyer when my parents were very ill and could not speak for themselves.

He just sat there, looking at me, as though I were having a nervous breakdown!!!!
I told him , if you think Granny Clampett was nasty, you've just met her idol!!!

DrKym
07-18-2006, 09:33 PM
ty Kathy read your PM